November 16th, 2008
1:11 PM CST -
Today marks the official release date of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe in the United States. You should be able to find the game at your local video game retailer starting today for both the Sony PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. The regular edition retails for $59.99 and the Kollector's Edition is retailing for $69.99. In my experience, not a lot of stores actually have more than a limited few copies of the Kollector's Edition so better go pick up yours today if you hadn't pre-ordered.

For those who can't decide between the two versions of the game, here is a quick rundown of what that edition contains. In addition to the game itself, it comes with: a velvet keepsake box, removable Alex Ross cover art, John Tobias drawn "Beginnings" comic and a bonus DVD of behind the scenes content on the game. Here is also the un-boxing of the KE for your viewing pleasure:









Click To Enlarge Photos


Since I got home with the game this morning, I've watched the entire disk of DVD extras. It's well worth the extra $10 alone because it has a wealth of information. From the casting & interiewing of real actors for the cinematic motion capture, the entire Comic-Con 2008 Panel with Ed Boon and Jimmy Palmiotti of DC comics and in depth artwork and design concept creation.

Also here is a look at the Gamestop Preorder bonus T-Shirt and the Prima Strategy Guide by Jason Wilson which is also now available.





Click To Enlarge Photos


For those of you looking for Special Moves & Fatalities or Players To Challenge Online for your platform, please be sure to check out our Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Discussion Forum. Also, stay tuned this week for the long awaited new design for TRMK along with all new content for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. We'll also be having some cool giveaways, copies of the game & autographed posters for instance, to celebrate the new game as well as our our new design.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



November 16th, 2008 2:47 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
Typo fixed on KE pricing, thanks Tim Static!
November 16th, 2008 2:49 PM CST - Tim Static
your my boy Pat! I actually had the shirts for about 2 weeks. If i get some more, I might send them out to some lucky TRMK members! woot woot! Do you want me to take pics like yours of my PS3 KE? I got both....I could just email them to ya. Let me know.
November 16th, 2008 4:49 PM CST - Kai
I picked up my Kollector's Edition copy and lemme say I am more than satisfied.
November 16th, 2008 5:30 PM CST - Angel
This thread reminds me how much I hate the lucky bastards who get to have a console to play the game on... So yeah... I was wondering, if anyone would allow me to erm... "borrow" their consoles. I promise to give it back, (or not). X-D
November 16th, 2008 5:53 PM CST - DCR
At least you're not alone. Now I'm basically clinging to the hope that I'll get a 360 for Christmas. It's like I'm a frigging kid again.
November 16th, 2008 7:14 PM CST - Glamador
Tim if you have ANY extra large shirts available I would gladly pay you. Paypal work for you? Joker variety of course, unless it's one on the front and one on the back.
November 16th, 2008 8:20 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
your my boy Pat! I actually had the shirts for about 2 weeks. If i get some more, I might send them out to some lucky TRMK members! woot woot! Do you want me to take pics like yours of my PS3 KE? I got both....I could just email them to ya. Let me know.
I'd love some pictures, email me them. Also are your shirts the same or not?
November 16th, 2008 8:21 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : Glamador
Tim if you have ANY extra large shirts available I would gladly pay you. Paypal work for you? Joker variety of course, unless it's one on the front and one on the back.
Nah, dont even worry about it. I am gonna try and get a couple more, plus some Guitar Hero, Mercenaries 2, COD5, Spiderman WOS and whatever else i can find and i will send them down there. Just give me about a week.
Originally Posted by : Patrick McCarron
I'd love some pictures, email me them. Also are your shirts the same or not?
Yeah, same shirts. I will take them later tonight, and get them to you one way or another. I'm gonna getcya getcya getcya one way or another, lol. (sorry)
November 16th, 2008 8:28 PM CST - Glamador
...Judging from that smiley I'm unsure as to whether you're being serious or not. But should you be, I'll give you my address and we can arrange something. I REALLY want that shirt. All I got was an animation cel.
November 16th, 2008 8:39 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : Glamador
...Judging from that smiley I'm unsure as to whether you're being serious or not. But should you be, I'll give you my address and we can arrange something. I REALLY want that shirt. All I got was an animation cel.
the means that its cool (mine do anyhow) Just send it to me whenever you can. Most likely be sending it out early-mid next week. I want to see how many extras I get too. I already have a couple extra XL's, so your good
November 17th, 2008 3:07 AM CST - Jinko
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
the means that its cool (mine do anyhow) Just send it to me whenever you can. Most likely be sending it out early-mid next week. I want to see how many extras I get too. I already have a couple extra XL's, so your good
I'd love to have one. =] Also Pat, the last image of the guide doesn't work for me.
November 17th, 2008 3:55 AM CST - Angel
Originally Posted by : DeathcoreRyknow
At least you're not alone. Now I'm basically clinging to the hope that I'll get a 360 for Christmas. It's like I'm a frigging kid again.
I've got a tripod for X-Mas for my camera so I already know what I'm getting. T_T No hope unless my bro changes his mind on that Wii of his or this gets a release for the Wii.
November 18th, 2008 9:57 AM CST - fizad99
i picked up the game right when game stop opened, has anyone figured out any cheat codes for this game? are there any? i still remember the blood code ABACABB for genesis.. wow..
November 18th, 2008 11:08 AM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : fizad99
i picked up the game right when game stop opened, has anyone figured out any cheat codes for this game? are there any? i still remember the blood code ABACABB for genesis.. wow..
No, at least not yet.
November 18th, 2008 11:11 AM CST - Bigwayne1313
Released all over the US except for Play N Trade in Charlotte NC.....
November 20th, 2008 4:30 PM CST - Goraka
TIM. I NEED A T-SHIRT. I'll pay all shipping charges and whatever, and should we ever meat I'll fellate you. Sloppily. Ah, it's good to be back.
November 20th, 2008 4:52 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : Goraka
TIM. I NEED A T-SHIRT. I'll pay all shipping charges and whatever, and should we ever meat I'll fellate you. Sloppily. Ah, it's good to be back.
lol, I am hoping to get most of the leftover shirts tomorrow at work.
November 20th, 2008 8:03 PM CST - Jade
I got the KE and I love all the extra shit that comes with it. As for the game itself, I've been playing the DC Storyline, currently at Dark Khan, so just about finished the storyline. I did finish the regular arcade play with Catwoman yesterday and the ending really sucked. Just a picture with a voice reading the words at the bottom of the screen? BS. I want a video ending, not a cheap picture and some words. I was really disappointed.
November 20th, 2008 11:31 PM CST - Tim Static

November 21st, 2008 2:34 AM CST - Goraka
Wow, the PS3 version looks pretty shitty in comparison.
November 21st, 2008 2:42 PM CST - Glamador
Really? I heard before that the PS3 looks better. Do you have comparison pics?
November 21st, 2008 5:40 PM CST - Jeff Greeson
Originally Posted by : Glamador
Really? I heard before that the PS3 looks better. Do you have comparison pics?
Umm, the 360 pics are in the OP of this thread. The PS3 one actually looks better because the game actually comes with a standard hardbox case and the extras DVD in a generic paper sleeve. 360 has a cardboard sleeve for both, which was extremely disappointing when I saw it.
November 27th, 2008 1:29 AM CST - $ŁΘΙРΨ
I had to get the Kollector's Edition It looked alot cooler and the 10$ difference wasn't a problem
November 27th, 2008 9:23 AM CST - Patrick McCarron
Originally Posted by : Jeff Greeson
Umm, the 360 pics are in the OP of this thread. The PS3 one actually looks better because the game actually comes with a standard hardbox case and the extras DVD in a generic paper sleeve. 360 has a cardboard sleeve for both, which was extremely disappointing when I saw it.
The PS3 has a hardbox case? I guess their disc cases are smaller. I need to find a green DVD case for mine and a label scan to print out.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK