September 9th, 2008
12:50 PM CST -
Midway published the sixth episode of MKast, the official Mortal Kombat podcast on the Worldscollide.com website. This episode, Senior Producer Hans Lo and Associate Producer Hector Sanchez are joined with Sr. Designer John Edwards to talk about Rage Mode and special moves and combos for Kitana and Shang Tsung. This episode of the MKast also features a special guest, Mortal Kombat co-creator John Tobias. With the MKast, enthusiasts and fans alike can stay up-to-date on the latest news and updates for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Download or listen to the "MKast" Episode 6 here.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



September 9th, 2008 1:52 PM CST - Tim Static
HAHA, Glam, go ahead and give this one a listen. Its worth it KItana has Mileena's roll, and Kitana's moveset wll mirror her MKII version. Fan lifts, jk into air throw, wave punch. This is good news!!!
September 9th, 2008 3:14 PM CST - squirrelpion
wooo hoooooo! kitana is going to rule!
September 9th, 2008 6:05 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Nice, MK8=3D MK2/UMK3
September 9th, 2008 6:20 PM CST - Glamador
Hot damn...50 minutes? This better be damned entertaining. But I'm listening...now what am I supposed to do for 50 minutes?
September 9th, 2008 6:30 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : Glamador
Hot damn...50 minutes? This better be damned entertaining. But I'm listening...now what am I supposed to do for 50 minutes?
Play that BC: Rearmed
September 9th, 2008 6:31 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : MKF30-mkdc
Nice, MK8=3D MK2/UMK3
And its about f'in time they figured this out and made it happen!!! Everyone is going back to their roots, from MetallicA to MK, and all I can do is sing, HALALUJAH!!! lol
September 9th, 2008 7:18 PM CST - Glamador
Well I must admit that was unusually good. Good to hear from Tobias. Maybe we'll finally see Noob Saibot in future? I think they called him Noob Saibot in MKSM but in all the games where he's playable it's always Noob nowadays... Anyway, those stages sound sick. Story related stages? You guys thinking what I'm thinking? MERGED REALMS? I certainly hope so. Now all that remains is one thing...WHAT ABOUT SHAO KAHN!?
September 9th, 2008 8:40 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
And its about f'in time they figured this out and made it happen!!! Everyone is going back to their roots, from MetallicA to MK, and all I can do is sing, HALALUJAH!!! lol
You can say that again lol, even Capcom with SF. I think MK8 and SF4 will rock! can't wait to play both of them! Metallica huh? interesting
September 9th, 2008 9:12 PM CST - Tim Static
Yeah, I was wonderin when were gonna see some more stages. With all the hoopla surrounding the characters, the arenas have been forgotten! I cant wait to see the Fortress of Solitude.
Originally Posted by : MKF30-mkdc
You can say that again lol, even Capcom with SF. I think MK8 and SF4 will rock! can't wait to play both of them! Metallica huh? interesting
True, but they never really strayed like MK did.... and this is what I am talking about: Click this link, ( http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197 ) and click on the song called "All Nightmare Long".
September 9th, 2008 9:20 PM CST - Glamador
Aside from juggles, how is this really going back to 2D gameplay? Pretty much all that distinguishes a 3D fighter is the ability to sidestep and that is firmly in place. When you get right down to it, most people are gonna play in either the sidling or sidestepping dimensions even in a 3D fighter. I noticed that in SCIV a lot. People will choose whether they try to back up and block and advance or if they'll sidestep all your moves. Now obviously the best players can do both, I like to think I can. But really, as long as sidestepping is in the game it's gonna play like a 3D fighter because that's all a 3D fighter is.
September 9th, 2008 10:13 PM CST - TRZA
The explanation of rage mode was very helpful. Here's a neat fighting game appendix. It explains the armor mode he referenced. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Fighting_game_terms#Armor_Mode
September 10th, 2008 12:16 AM CST - squirrelpion
the early 90's are back and this time it's for real! yes!
September 10th, 2008 2:01 AM CST - DCR
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
KItana has Mileena's roll, and Kitana's moveset wll mirror her MKII version. Fan lifts, jk into air throw, wave punch. This is good news!!!
Hell yeah! That's probably the best news I've heard so far for this game. I was getting pretty annoyed that we still hadn't seen a gameplay video for her yet, so I'm pretty damn glad that they addressed that. It'll be awesome to lay down a jump kick/fan throw for the first time since the old days. Definitely a worthwhile podcast.
September 10th, 2008 9:35 AM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : DeathcoreRyknow
Hell yeah! That's probably the best news I've heard so far for this game. I was getting pretty annoyed that we still hadn't seen a gameplay video for her yet, so I'm pretty damn glad that they addressed that. It'll be awesome to lay down a jump kick/fan throw for the first time since the old days. Definitely a worthwhile podcast.
I knew you'd be particularly very excited when I heard this Me too! MKII Kitana was one of the best MK characters ever!!! :D
September 10th, 2008 10:17 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
Yeah, I was wonderin when were gonna see some more stages. With all the hoopla surrounding the characters, the arenas have been forgotten! I cant wait to see the Fortress of Solitude. True, but they never really strayed like MK did.... and this is what I am talking about: Click this link, ( http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197 ) and click on the song called "All Nightmare Long".
Ehh, I guess that's matter of opinion lol. I like oldschool Metallica the newer stuff until this new news kind of can't compare ya know? I'm just happy they're going back to their roots with a modern style ya know? Then again music vs. games two different worlds all together. I think it's easier for a vid game to stay alive rathe then a group.
September 11th, 2008 9:05 AM CST - Jinko
Nothing really got me all exited. My peak was probably when Hector kinda revealed a second Joker fatality.
September 11th, 2008 7:21 PM CST - Glamador
Oh yea I forgot to mention that. Basically means at least some characters have second fatalities. The funny thing is if he had just left it at "the one we know about" without freaking out over his mistake it COULD have been taken to mean "The fatality everybody already knows about" not necessarily "The Joker fatality everybody knows about" you know what I mean? But he screwed the pooch....again.
September 12th, 2008 10:01 AM CST - Jinko
Originally Posted by : Glamador
Oh yea I forgot to mention that. Basically means at least some characters have second fatalities. The funny thing is if he had just left it at "the one we know about" without freaking out over his mistake it COULD have been taken to mean "The fatality everybody already knows about" not necessarily "The Joker fatality everybody knows about" you know what I mean? But he screwed the pooch....again.
Aha. But Midway has done alot worse by releasing the achievements.
September 15th, 2008 5:34 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
That's not a bad thing, about the acheivements. That was going to happen anyway... As far as the fatality amount, everyone will have 2. Boon confirmed this, he says it in the MK universe interview with MK dan
September 15th, 2008 6:00 PM CST - Glamador
Not really though. All he said was "we're shooting for 2" that doens't mean it will happen. The slip up in this podcast is just further evidence that 2 is more likely than not. Nothing has been "confirmed" yet. Watch your syntax.
September 15th, 2008 6:07 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Boon confirmed it if you watch that vid again to MK Dan. So I'd say that's a pretty good source. There will be 2 per character, he wouldn't say "we're shooting for two" if they weren't sure and B if they were definitely only going to have one.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK