August 29th, 2008
7:32 AM CST -
Midway has released a new high-resolution render of Raiden from the upcoming Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Thanks ter83. Updated with higher resolution image from WorldsCollide.com.


Check out more coverage of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, including an in-depth interview with Ed Boon along with trailers available in 720p HD in our Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe GameRealm.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



August 29th, 2008 7:33 AM CST - boJac
That is the most badass Raiden ever. He's gonna lay the smack down on Sups.
August 29th, 2008 9:36 AM CST - Glamador
I'm glad he's light Raiden (although that was suspected since Liu Kang is covered in flesh this time around). I can only hope the lightning effect is as kickass in-game. The stupid lightning projectiles they've had in MK2-A were just bad. Worse in MK4-A but even in MK1/2 lightning just doesn't look like that. I hope he has a real BOLT this time rather than a dinky slow-moving shock orb. I love that hat.
August 29th, 2008 4:59 PM CST - Ghost
Originally Posted by : boJac
That is the most badass Raiden ever. He's gonna lay the smack down on Sups.
yes! yes! best raiden ever!!!!! he seems the same but he isnt.(i dont get it either) so glad he isnt the dark raiden like in deception. i was never a fan of that
August 29th, 2008 5:59 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Yeah, you know he looks very dark in this pic without the red eyes. He became Dark Raiden in MKD/MKA because of the storyline. Hopefully at some point he'll be brought back to good and not corrupted by darkness like he currently is. This render is awesome, easily one of the best Raiden looks ever!
August 29th, 2008 10:41 PM CST - jeary
He looks badass. I wouldve preferred Dark Raiden to mix up the storyline, but this works fine.
September 1st, 2008 6:02 AM CST - squirrelpion
dang, is raiden on roids?
September 1st, 2008 8:42 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Nahh, just for once showing off his arms. I think some people are shocked since a God has muscles but I think it's very appropriate given his title.
September 1st, 2008 8:50 PM CST - KillerZombie
Looks awsome....
September 3rd, 2008 1:10 AM CST - Tim Static
Earth to Midway/Team MK, still waiting on the full render.
September 4th, 2008 4:40 PM CST - DCR
September 4th, 2008 10:05 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : DeathcoreRyknow
Finally... http://worldscollide.com/kombatants/Raiden_Render.jpg
wuhoo! blew that one up! woot woot!
September 4th, 2008 10:44 PM CST - MKRayden
finally offical render release
September 5th, 2008 9:01 AM CST - Glamador
Took them long enough. Does anybody know why they changed his name from Rayden to Raiden? Technically Raiden should be pronounced Righ-Den as in High or Tie. Rayden is the proper spelling for the way they pronounce it.
September 5th, 2008 11:06 AM CST - jeary
Originally Posted by : Glamador
Took them long enough. Does anybody know why they changed his name from Rayden to Raiden? Technically Raiden should be pronounced Righ-Den as in High or Tie. Rayden is the proper spelling for the way they pronounce it.
See Raiden from MGS4. Pronounced Righ - den. Where our Raiden is pronounced Ray - den.
September 5th, 2008 12:58 PM CST - Glamador
I was gonna mention him, dunno why I didn't. But that is the right example. Raiden from MGS is pronounced correctly. Our Raiden is not.
September 5th, 2008 2:15 PM CST - Tim Static
I dont remember exactly why, but they used Raiden in the arcade versions of the old games, and when they released the home versions, they changed it to Rayden. I'm sure some kind of copyright thing was involved. Edit: I got this from Raiden's wiki: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_(Mortal_Kombat) ) "Raiden's name was spelled as is in all of the original MK arcade versions, and in every game released since MK4. The console ports released up until then, along with both movies and the comic book series, changed the name to "Rayden." This was allegedly because of copyright issues regarding the Raiden series of arcade games, or possibly to prevent confusion with a playable character named Raiden from the Fatal Fury series." If you never read his wiki, I suggest you do. Interesting read
September 5th, 2008 3:15 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Tim's right ^ he was ALWAYS Raiden technically since the games came out in the arcades first then later to home consoles, it had something to do with the home port versions, MK2 the company porting it to home consoles with the copyright stuff. Not that I care that much at this point about it but I've always referred to him as "Raiden" as oppose to "Rayden" : )
September 7th, 2008 11:04 AM CST - Glamador
Ah, good to know. I never played MK in arcades much mostly because I was 10 or so when they started to become unpopular and I wasn't really allowed to go to arcades before that. So I always thought his name was Rayden first. Whatever the reason they're still spelling it wrong for the way they say it. As for reading the various MK character's wikis, I don't see the need. I've seen all their bios/endings and read about them in manuals, official strategy guides, the works. In the rare occasion there's something I don't know about the character, like the name thing, it's probably just a mild curiosity that can be clarified quickly.
September 7th, 2008 2:14 PM CST - squirrelpion
i wonder if kidd thunder will ever return?
September 7th, 2008 2:40 PM CST - squirrelpion
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
I dont remember exactly why, but they used Raiden in the arcade versions of the old games, and when they released the home versions, they changed it to Rayden. I'm sure some kind of copyright thing was involved. Edit: I got this from Raiden's wiki: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_(Mortal_Kombat) ) "Raiden's name was spelled as is in all of the original MK arcade versions, and in every game released since MK4. The console ports released up until then, along with both movies and the comic book series, changed the name to "Rayden." This was allegedly because of copyright issues regarding the Raiden series of arcade games, or possibly to prevent confusion with a playable character named Raiden from the Fatal Fury series." If you never read his wiki, I suggest you do. Interesting read
thanks, that was a very entertaining read. i have always suspected that big trouble in little china had influences on mk.
September 7th, 2008 4:52 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Everything is inspired by something, but MK's not exactly like BTLC. Such as super powers, Gods etc lol and of course "Fatalities" hehe Other games after SF and MK were actually inspired by both of them such as DOA, KI, Tao Feng and many others. DOA and Taa the creators of both (one being Tobias) admitted they were inspired by MK, DOA creator I still have the GI issue somewhere in an old interview was inspired by MK and SF believe it or not. As for the other comment on last page by I think Glamador, MK was never "unpopular" but on a bit of a hiatus once MK4 disappointed and then disappeared for 5 years before MK:DA came out. Some people thought that "was the end for MK" but Midway proved lots of people wrong hehe ; ) The thing and one of the key reasons why I'm proud of Midway/MK is that they're one of the few American companies still kicking and I believe the ONLY fighter that's actually 100% american. Most are japanese.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK