June 10th, 2008
5:36 PM CST -
Midway has released a couple of great looking artwork shots of Gotham City and The Batcave from Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. It is pretty shocking to see such a recognizable backdrop in a Mortal Kombat game. The imagination runs wild with these new shots.


Click to Enlarge

Check out more coverage of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, including an in-depth interview with Ed Boon and the full theatrical trailer available in 720p HD in our Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe GameRealm.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



June 10th, 2008 5:37 PM CST - Goraka
omg. JOYGASM!
June 10th, 2008 5:46 PM CST - Tim Static
Wow........
June 10th, 2008 9:05 PM CST - Kai
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
June 10th, 2008 9:11 PM CST - Snow
Didn't Boon say that the arenas are going to be half MK and half DC? like they're merging together.
June 10th, 2008 10:07 PM CST - Glamador
I don't think he meant it that way, just half the arenas will be from MK and half from DC...that would be sweet to have at least 1 arena be merged like that tho. Maybe for the final boss fight or something. As for the pics...I agree wtih Goraka. JOYGASM!
June 11th, 2008 11:11 AM CST - highwaytothelost
Awesome. Love the batcave. Hopefully we can break shit! :D
June 11th, 2008 1:02 PM CST - Tim Static
Batcave = perfect place for a PIT Fatality.
June 11th, 2008 1:09 PM CST - Snow
That would be total sweetness.
June 11th, 2008 3:22 PM CST - Angel
Not one MK arena yet? Oh come on guys... Your pleasing the DC fans, but there your primary goal here should be to pull off the Mk Vs DC thing by convincing the MK fans this game is worth it.
June 11th, 2008 5:23 PM CST - Kai
[QUOTE=Angel;138465]Not one MK arena yet?QUOTE] Actually there's the Netherealm stage that was released alongside Metropolis.
June 11th, 2008 6:01 PM CST - LeoTMNT
I think after seeing both of these stages get revealed I think it's a safe bet Robin or Joker will be in. I doubt Batman will have two stages for himself. Though I would also like to see Arkham.
June 11th, 2008 6:22 PM CST - DCR
Originally Posted by : Angel
Not one MK arena yet? Oh come on guys... Your pleasing the DC fans, but there your primary goal here should be to pull off the Mk Vs DC thing by convincing the MK fans this game is worth it.
Quoted for truth. I imagine the MK fans are watching this far closer than the DC fans right now, so what gives? This game is all we have, but DC fans still have all their comics to fall back on whether or not they're even interested in this game. Ranting aside, I dunno, I'm just not that into in these renders. They look fine and all, but... eh.
June 11th, 2008 7:22 PM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : DeathcoreRyknow
Ranting aside, I dunno, I'm just not that into in these renders. They look fine and all, but... eh.
Yeah. They look great, but its about the gameplay and the gameplay only.
June 11th, 2008 10:19 PM CST - highwaytothelost
Originally Posted by : LeoTMNT
I think after seeing both of these stages get revealed I think it's a safe bet Robin or Joker will be in. I doubt Batman will have two stages for himself. Though I would also like to see Arkham.
Maybe just maybe it's the top teir to the level, and the bottom teir. I don't see how that would work, but it could be.
June 11th, 2008 10:52 PM CST - Glamador
Originally Posted by : Tim Static
Yeah. They look great, but its about the gameplay and the gameplay only.
Maybe for you it is. Don't assume any of us don't care about the looks and story. Gameplay is certainly important tho and I'm a little starved for some in-game footage...all these renders are nice but I'd like to see a FIGHT. Oh well, July isn't too far away now...I'm lying, it's a month away.
June 12th, 2008 3:33 AM CST - Tim Static
Originally Posted by : Glamador
Maybe for you it is. Don't assume any of us don't care about the looks and story. Gameplay is certainly important tho and I'm a little starved for some in-game footage...all these renders are nice but I'd like to see a FIGHT. Oh well, July isn't too far away now...I'm lying, it's a month away.
I wasnt speaking for you or anyone else. Besides, looks and story have never been a problem, The gameplay has.
June 12th, 2008 7:33 AM CST - Angel
Originally Posted by : Kai
[QUOTE=Angel;138465]Not one MK arena yet?QUOTE] Actually there's the Netherealm stage that was released alongside Metropolis.
Not much has changed about it though... Hell to me always seems the same in every version of any game. :-/ Except Diablo. Hell wasn't fire and brimstone like Diablo 2 in that game... In Diablo it gave you the impression Hell was alive and had I been on the Diablo 2 team, I would have encouraged them to explore that more rather then Diablo 2's Hell.
June 12th, 2008 12:05 PM CST - Glamador
I liked Diablo II's hell because it wasn't JUST fire and brimstone. There were elements of architecture and ruin that gave it some feeling amidst that bleak landscape. As for Hell in Diablo, I was never able to get all the way to hell. Diablo was just so far inferior to Diablo II in gameplay I couldn't stomach playing Diablo...I did however read up on the story and watch some gameplay from later levels. But that's off-topic. The netherrealm DOES always look the same. The pic we've seen looks exactly like it did in MKSM. Let's see an interesting MK stage like the graveyard from the trailer, or some place totally new and exciting. Or as was mentioned above, a merging of the realms.
June 12th, 2008 12:41 PM CST - LeoTMNT
Originally Posted by : Glamador
I liked Diablo II's hell because it wasn't JUST fire and brimstone. There were elements of architecture and ruin that gave it some feeling amidst that bleak landscape. As for Hell in Diablo, I was never able to get all the way to hell. Diablo was just so far inferior to Diablo II in gameplay I couldn't stomach playing Diablo...I did however read up on the story and watch some gameplay from later levels. But that's off-topic. The netherrealm DOES always look the same. The pic we've seen looks exactly like it did in MKSM. Let's see an interesting MK stage like the graveyard from the trailer, or some place totally new and exciting. Or as was mentioned above, a merging of the realms.
Yah, a stage with the realms merging would be awsome. I would love to see Lin Kuei headquarters if it is in, and Titans Tower for the next DC stage.
June 15th, 2008 10:38 AM CST - Angel
Originally Posted by : Glamador
I liked Diablo II's hell because it wasn't JUST fire and brimstone. There were elements of architecture and ruin that gave it some feeling amidst that bleak landscape. As for Hell in Diablo, I was never able to get all the way to hell. Diablo was just so far inferior to Diablo II in gameplay I couldn't stomach playing Diablo...I did however read up on the story and watch some gameplay from later levels. But that's off-topic. The netherrealm DOES always look the same. The pic we've seen looks exactly like it did in MKSM. Let's see an interesting MK stage like the graveyard from the trailer, or some place totally new and exciting. Or as was mentioned above, a merging of the realms.
And I say again, that still doesn't make it any different from any other Hell, including MK's Netherealm. I found Diablo 2 boring, it was trying to supress Diablo so much it did the opposite and took the "fun" out of it, becoming just a grinding RPG. I knew how to avoid half of that in diablo but D 2, its there from the start to finish. I don't think the TT tower will be in it... So far Robin's the only TT thats been called. I'm suprised fortress of solitude isn't showing, after Metropolis, thats Superman's 2nd port of call and we just had Gotham and the Batcave.
June 15th, 2008 11:28 AM CST - Glamador
Well what are we expecting? 2 or 3 arenas PER CHARACTER? I doubt we'll see more than 2 for even the majors. If they're gonna have each DC character from a different DC Comic and each comic has a representative arena, then we'll be pushing it at around 20 or 30 arenas. That's a little much don't you think? So I'm not gonna be looking out for the Fortress of Solitude or any other Batman locations.
June 15th, 2008 12:23 PM CST - LeoTMNT
Originally Posted by : Angel
And I say again, that still doesn't make it any different from any other Hell, including MK's Netherealm. I found Diablo 2 boring, it was trying to supress Diablo so much it did the opposite and took the "fun" out of it, becoming just a grinding RPG. I knew how to avoid half of that in diablo but D 2, its there from the start to finish. I don't think the TT tower will be in it... So far Robin's the only TT thats been called. I'm suprised fortress of solitude isn't showing, after Metropolis, thats Superman's 2nd port of call and we just had Gotham and the Batcave.
You might be right, but we could still end up seeing TT Tower.
June 15th, 2008 1:39 PM CST - Goraka
it may be one per character, batcave for batman and gotham for robin, or vice versa.
June 15th, 2008 2:59 PM CST - Tim Static
I'm sure Team MK is having more fun making the DC arenas. I mean, you can only do the Pit so many times before you wanna poke your eyes out. I hope there is 2 per DC character and maybe just a couple MK stages.
June 15th, 2008 11:43 PM CST - Glamador
Well, obviously we don't know squat about the story just yet, but as far as variety in gameplay goes the best bet is to have several of the major MK and DC arenas "merged". That reduces the total number of arenas while preserving the ratio of MK to DC and gives them some pretty kickass shit to work with to boot. It's an all win situation.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK