May 29th, 2008
3:42 PM CST -
Midway has released a new high-resolution render of Sub-Zero from the upcoming Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Thanks Austin.

Check out more coverage of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, including an in-depth interview with Ed Boon and the full theatrical trailer available in 720p HD in our Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe GameRealm.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:

May 29th, 2008 4:00 PM CST - Goraka
Killer. they changed his mask a little too, think i prefer the old one.
May 29th, 2008 5:01 PM CST - Mads
That's rocking.
May 29th, 2008 7:25 PM CST - Kai
I predict that the next render will be Batman, then they'll start showing other characters...hopefully.
May 29th, 2008 9:40 PM CST - highwaytothelost
Yeah the next render will be batman. It was a toss up (actually a vote) between this or Batman.
May 30th, 2008 12:54 AM CST - Glamador
Ah this is nice. I too prefer the other mask. It seems they've changed it up a bit from the original trailer and he looks more in line with the Scorpion render we've got. There are several subtle differences: The mask has been curved inwards, his arms have a more crystalline look, his loin flap thins as it reaches his knees, and his decorations (especially the dragons) have been given bump-mapping. Overall I'd say it's an improvement. But I'd change back the loin flap and the mask.
May 30th, 2008 1:06 AM CST - highwaytothelost
Yeah i liked the old mask better. It seemed metal and had chinks in it from like swords or something! :D
May 30th, 2008 8:06 AM CST - Ruckus216
the mask in the movie is better but as a alternate they should have him without a mask
May 30th, 2008 9:45 AM CST - Tim Static
Nice!!! I still dont like the iced arms thing, but Subbie looks bad ass.
May 30th, 2008 10:37 AM CST - Angel
My only crib... Not that arena again! *Groans*
May 30th, 2008 10:43 AM CST - highwaytothelost
It's his temple... why wouldn't it be in there?
May 30th, 2008 12:08 PM CST - Glamador
Well that's just a background. We won't necessarily have that arena...and who knows even if we do all these arenas are supposed to be multitiered right? So perhaps we'll fight inside and outside or on the roof. It'll be more fun this time I'm sure.
May 30th, 2008 12:23 PM CST - Angel
Originally Posted by : highwaytothelost
It's his temple... why wouldn't it be in there?
I don't know... I just a little tired of seeing it. Its pretty, yes, I don't mind it, I just don't want to see the same arena all the time. :-/ This is the only reason why I never ask for the Living Forest... Sure seeing it is nice, but I don't want to see it all the time. It takes the "special" out of it.
May 30th, 2008 1:12 PM CST - highwaytothelost
Yeah, you're very right. But since this is a crossover, i expect to see the most used arenas, just like I expect to see gotham and stuff. Hopefully there will be some new arenas (ofcourse on the DC side, i mean the MK side), but i doubt it. They will probably just pick the more popular ones.
May 31st, 2008 12:47 AM CST - Scorpy