May 7th, 2008
11:29 AM CST -
Polish gaming magazine NEO+ has published the first images of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. His design appears to be a mixture of many of his previous appearances, and you can clearly see that the level of detail possible with the Unreal Engine in his clothing.

Thanks to long time contributor JRF for the heads up about the discovery over on the Mortal Kombat Online Forums. Also thanks goes out to their forum member Bezou for the cleaned up image.

Check out more coverage of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, including an in-depth interview with Ed Boon and the full theatrical trailer available in 720p HD in our Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe GameRealm.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:

May 7th, 2008 11:29 AM CST - CrispyDragon
Check it out guys he looks pretty slick in his updated outfit. http://www.mortalkombatinformer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134390
May 7th, 2008 11:34 AM CST - highwaytothelost
Why haven't we seen this until now?.... He looks... cool? He looks thinner
May 7th, 2008 12:23 PM CST - DCR
He does look a lot thinner. He's been HUGE since Deadly Alliance, so that's sort of an odd change of pace. I suppose that character model would be more realistic than the overly-built version of the past few games, but I always felt that suited him. Oh well. Anyway, that is a pretty killer costume. Really classic and retro in a way yet with enough of a twist not to be boring. Looks like from what little we've seen so far they're gonna keep the MK outfits as recognizable as possible, so we probably won't get anything comparable to the more drastic changes we've seen (Sub-Zero and Smoke in MK3, etc.).
May 7th, 2008 2:13 PM CST - satinsoven
yeah, i also picked up on the skinny thing. scorpion isn't "buff enuff" in my opinion. but as for the costume...it screams "SCORPION!" it is also one of the more original ninja costumes i've seen from any mk game.
May 7th, 2008 3:11 PM CST - Tim Static
Nice sandals, spectre.
May 7th, 2008 4:43 PM CST - Goraka
hole in his wrist, for shooting the spear no doubt. Nice level of detail. Not too fussed about the costume on a whole, but the mask is nice, reminiscent of the movie.
May 7th, 2008 8:28 PM CST - Glamador
Ok this time NOBODY can say he doesn't look VERY much like his MKSM concept art! This is proof that they were thinking MKSM when they designed the MKvDC costumes. And as far as I'm concerned that's a VERY good thing. I've been saying those are the best costumes in 3D MK history and I am seriously glad this trend continues! He looks fecking fantastic. I love everything about it. That's the Scorpion I know and love! I saw a couple people on the forums linked in the top post saying that he looks like a pallete swap of Sub-Zero. To these people I say "Get your mutha fukken eyes checked!" Look at the differences! The two don't look anything alike! Individuality for the WIN!
May 7th, 2008 10:06 PM CST - jeary
I think he looks nasty except for the mask, i like the mksm mask better.
May 8th, 2008 5:18 AM CST - Kona
Scorpion looks sick. I can't wait to play as him in his new look.
May 8th, 2008 7:16 AM CST - MKRayden
hmm scoprion looks like dead man
May 8th, 2008 8:52 AM CST - Tim Static
Itotally agree with Glam about the MK:SM costumes being the best in the 3-D series, mainly becaue they were based off a 2-D game I do think Subbie "ice arm" look is so stupid.
May 8th, 2008 5:46 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
This look is hands down the best looking Scorpion in a while, definitely easily his top 3 in terms of originality and in terms of pure Scorpion. It has hot new features, not overdone nor underdone...it's perfect I like the way they put way more detail into Sub's arms and facial expressions to which thanks to Glamador I can now see. Thank you Glamador, I'm going to rub these pics in my friends face who I hang with. He said the new graphics look like MKA ha, ha, ha, ha...he needs to get his eyes checked.
May 8th, 2008 6:19 PM CST - Glamador
What you SHOULD show him is the hi-def picture that Pat posted earlier today. That's gonna knock his sox off.
May 8th, 2008 8:42 PM CST - MKF30-mkdc
Yep, already did that dude. And he even admitted he was impressed and that Scorpion pic, especially the HD looked impressive and good. He wasn't that impressed with the initial teaser, but I was telling him...listen dude, it's a "teaser" far from finished and nothing but a tease No doubt this game once finished will look insanely gorgeous.
May 9th, 2008 1:17 AM CST - Goraka
Although Scorpions MKSM was his best costume, I think Sub's MKA/MKDA alt was his best. I dunno, it's just iconic and makes him look really angry and badass. Love that shit. Nice sig btw Glam.
Leave Your Komment