Yet another MK11 plot idea....

the_pathfinder

How about in MK11 we have the original timeline post-Armageddon converge with the current altered timeline, bringing with it a God-mode Shao Kahn. It would be interesting to see what happened after Armageddon and it would be the perfect way to cap off this run of games that started with MK9 while setting up a new universe for MK12.

Hoping to bypass Dark Raiden and conquer the realms, the evil versions of Liu Kang and Kitana utilize the power contained within Shinnok's severed head to cross over into the original timeline and attempt to seize on the realm of Edenia. However, this disturbance causes the 2 universes to gradually merge, this weakens the Elder Gods and infuriates Raiden, a battle ensues between the evil axis (Netherrealm, Shang Tsung's Outworld, and Chaosrealm), Corrupted Raiden and his lackeys (combined forces of the Shirai Ryu, The Black Dragon and the Lin Kuei) and The "Force of Justice"- exiled Special Forces lead by the Cage family along with the heroes that survived Armageddon.

Sound good?

Last edited:
I think the original timeline is dead and will never be revisited. Raiden in MK9 made it sound like that Shao Kahn wipe out the whole universe in the original timeline when he became super powerful after killing off Blaze.

I think it'd be interesting to merge the characters from the previous timeline to the new timeline.

Kitana might've actually survived the previous timeline as well as a few more. Then that Kitana who is good) would fight against the new timeline Kitana (evil empress).

I think it'd be interesting to merge the characters from the previous timeline to the new timeline.

Kitana might've actually survived the previous timeline as well as a few more. Then that Kitana who is good) would fight against the new timeline Kitana (evil empress).

Kitana's MKX ending all but confirmed that Armageddon had survivors. Maybe her, Nightwolf, Cyrax, and a few others made it. I'm really interested in what happened in the OT post-Armageddon and to see what new kombatants came into the fold as well.

Perhaps it would also give us a chance to see what became of the likes of Kung Jin, Jacqui, and Takeda (Cassie couldn't exist, her parents are both explicably dead) with Earthrealm destroyed, their families possibly dead and Raiden not able to guide them, Did they turn evil and join Shao Kahn? Would they be heroes like in MKX's timeline, but serving a different cause? who knows, but the circumstances they grew up in would be totally different.

I think I may be selling myself too much on my own idea, but I think this would make for an interesting story.

Kitana's MKX ending all but confirmed that Armageddon had survivors. Maybe her, Nightwolf, Cyrax, and a few others made it. I'm really interested in what happened in the OT post-Armageddon and to see what new kombatants came into the fold as well.

Perhaps it would also give us a chance to see what became of the likes of Kung Jin, Jacqui, and Takeda (Cassie couldn't exist, her parents are both explicably dead) with Earthrealm destroyed, their families possibly dead and Raiden not able to guide them, Did they turn evil and join Shao Kahn? Would they be heroes like in MKX's timeline, but serving a different cause? who knows, but the circumstances they grew up in would be totally different.

I think I may be selling myself too much on my own idea, but I think this would make for an interesting story.

I agree with this. I bet Jade and Tanya survived too. Their bodies were not present in the MK9 intro.

I love the idea; will it happen? Most likely not. I mean, I'm with you, I'd love to see what would become of current new characters in the original timeline, such as Kotal Kahn. Where would he stand/be in the original timeline? However if they do some sort of "Original Timeline vs. Alternate Timeline", that'll be sorta crossing Injustice territory.

I love the idea; will it happen? Most likely not. I mean, I'm with you, I'd love to see what would become of current new characters in the original timeline, such as Kotal Kahn. Where would he stand/be in the original timeline? However if they do some sort of "Original Timeline vs. Alternate Timeline", that'll be sorta crossing Injustice territory.

That should happen at or right after MK11 so it can become like Mortal Kombat Trilogy. It would have that BIG BANG for the series. All the revelations from both timelines revealed. Like if there were any survivors from Armageddon and also the introduction of unknown characters from certain characters' endings such as the woman in Jade's MK9 ending and the female Zaterran in Reptile's Armageddon ending.

That should happen at or right after MK11 so it can become like Mortal Kombat Trilogy. It would have that BIG BANG for the series. All the revelations from both timelines revealed. Like if there were any survivors from Armageddon and also the introduction of unknown characters from certain characters' endings such as the woman in Jade's MK9 ending and the female Zaterran in Reptile's Armageddon ending.

That's actually quite an interesting theory to dwell on. If MK were to go that route; what if the woman in Jade's MK9 ending were some sort of rip in the fabric of time or something of the sort. Basically trying to say is that the woman in Jade's MK9 ending could be or is someone who has emerged from the original timeline trying to communicate with the altered timeline. You can only assume that with a God-Mode Shao Kahn existing in the original timeline, there are those who are rebels against Shao Kahn's rule and trying to take him down and restore peace across the realms -- if they all haven't been merged yet. Highly unlikely that we will see who was the woman in Jade's ending explored more as she's never seen, nor mentioned again. Just thought it was an interesting theory.

Yet, as of MK9, MK now has parallel universes.

No, as of MK9 we have an alternate universe, much like Back To The Future II.

Parallel universe - A hypothetical self-contained separate reality coexisting with one's own.

Alternate universe - A type or form of in which canonical facts of setting or characterization in the universe being explored or written about are deliberately changed.

(Such as Sub-Zero being turned into a cyborg, Mileena and Kitana's ralationship origins now being changed, Johnny Cage surviving MK3, Smoke not being automated, etc, etc, etc, etc)

I agree with this. I bet Jade and Tanya survived too. Their bodies were not present in the MK9 intro.

Well their dead bodies where shown likely off screen. Everyone in Armageddon is dead expect for Shao Kahn, Taven (from what we have seen), Shinnok (he created a clone to fight in Armageddon) and Liu Kang's ghost (he never reunited with his dead body). Ed Boon said in 2006 that Armageddon was going to kill off everyone so that the next game (MK8 at the time before MKvsDCU) would be a fresh new start on the next gen systems (PS3 and 360 at the time). That's why the original MK8 game was going to have a brand new cast of characters while very few characters would return (Which would have been Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Sonya and Kano. Liu Kang, Reptile and possibly Taven would have likely return as well). Heck even the original MK8 game was mention to be a dark and gritty with a dark atmosphere to it. Kinda like what we got with MKX.

That's actually quite an interesting theory to dwell on. If MK were to go that route; what if the woman in Jade's MK9 ending were some sort of rip in the fabric of time or something of the sort. Basically trying to say is that the woman in Jade's MK9 ending could be or is someone who has emerged from the original timeline trying to communicate with the altered timeline. You can only assume that with a God-Mode Shao Kahn existing in the original timeline, there are those who are rebels against Shao Kahn's rule and trying to take him down and restore peace across the realms -- if they all haven't been merged yet. Highly unlikely that we will see who was the woman in Jade's ending explored more as she's never seen, nor mentioned again. Just thought it was an interesting theory.

And I totally approve it!

Raiden proposes a false alliance with liukang/kitana, he says they can work together with there netherrealm army to beat outworld in a mortal kombat tournament. They want to merge outworld with earthrealm so there will be no outside threat to earthrealm, so they go to outworld to propose a tournament with kotal kahn with the same rules as shao kahn used in the second tournament: if the attackers win, they merge the realms, though if they lose, they swear eternal service to the defenders. while this tournament is going on raiden is trying to locate delia, rains mother and a sorceress, to try to convince her to help revive the netherrealm army, which was everybody who died in mk9 except jax, kitana, and liu kang.
thats all ive got so far

Last edited:
I was thinking about something like this a few days ago. Neatherealm being owned by WB who also owns DC Comics. Knowing that DC Comics has more than one Universe for their comic book characters. The main one being the New 52 and Earth 2 as the other universe. I was thinking perhaps MK should gives us two universes to explore. The current universe (MK9 and MKX) plus the old universe taking place after the events of Armageddon.However I don't want the see the same characters taking up the spotlight in both universe or in the same situation. If Kitana is a revenant in the current universe. Kitana should be a alive and well in the other universe. Current universe Tanya cares for Mileena while the original Tanya would kill Mileena without hesitation. If something like this were to happen. I would hope they give both universe their own unique twist. Along with using a different set of characters to push the story.

To make things more simpler, I think it'd be nice to have characters from the previous timeline invade the current timeline (most specifically Shao Kahn (the overpowered version). It'd be nice to have it happen after MK11 (so it'd make Mortal Kombat Trilogy 2). ;)

Characters from the previous timeline that would invade the current timeline would be...

Shao Kahn, Taven, Kitana, maybe Onaga, maybe Jade, and maybe Tanya.

Again, Onaga's, Taven's, Jade's, and Tanya's bodies were not shown in the first part of MK9's story mode (the result of Armageddon).

Kitana's bloody hand was only shown in the MK9 story mode beginning but her MKX arcade ending saying that she survived Armageddon.

Last edited: