The Gentlemen's Rule

Critical-Limit

I was just curious what you think about Players using MK9 kombat kodes in tournament?

Before you say No. let me use an example from SSBM

Super Smash Brothers melee has an asortment of Banned stages, or lame un-fun tactics.

For instance, sometimes players in tournament will do a gentlemen's rule where they will allow their opponent to pick a banned stage if the other person agrees it's fine. It rarely happens but if both players don't mind why limit them to the real rules. The real rules in my ind are place there to protect people who want to play a legit game. But if both players don't mind playing a crap stage why should we stop them? In smash they call it the Gentlemen's rule, where you allow your opponent to do banned things because you agreed to it.

Aka Kombat Kodes

there is also the reverse side of this.

Ganondorf and Shiek, anytime these 2 characters fight eachother, if anyone of them gets a grab the other one is probably gonna die, because they can grab - Throw down - Regrab to death. Most of the time this happens both players agree to do "no chain grabbing" As in they don't regrab after a down throw. If they choose to play this way there is no real way to enforce this, but it's just a reverse example.

So if both players want to do Tournament mode, or both players want to do Rainbow kombat. Why should we stop them?

I think gentlmen's rule for tournament should be allowed for anything that isn't the top 16. IF both players agree.

The only reason I don't think Top 16 should have dream kombat is because Viewers watching a stream don't want to see dream kombat.

What do you guys think? If players agree to play on Kratos stage, why stop them?

The only rule you need to add to the gentlemens' rule is just "If they both accept it becomes rule for that match"

As in they can't quit out of the kratos stage, and tell their opponent "Yo man this stage is banned we gotta pick a legal stage"

This has happened once in smash where M2k asked Drephen if they just wanted to go to battle field (the most even stage) for the first match instead of random. Drephen started losing and quit out and told him the rules said they must pick random stealing a victory from M2K

That's why you must make it a rule that gentlemen rule (whatever is agreed upon) becomes a rule for that match.

Thoughts?

No? I don't care? Yes?

I don't mind, it adds to the hype and entertainment.

But some Kombat Kodes are just plaint out crazy, I think it's called Dark combat when the stage darkens every 3 seconds and you have a full X-ray and shiz should be banned, but simple ones like dream combat, Zombie Kombat, and Rainbow blood is cool with me.

Yeah I definitely think that the Gentlemen's Rule (love that name for some reason lol) should be game specific.
You can have Rainbow Kombat or Zombie Mode, but no full meter. Or something thats bound to make the person who is on the receiving end of an infinite they never knew existed rage quit and call for a disqualification. Or like no Kraid's Arena in Melee.

But with the Gentlemen's Rule I feel like pressure can come into play. Some guy may really want to make it out of pools, but say CDjr wants to play on Kratos' stage. The other guy wants a legit match, but everyone around him and in the stream is calling him lame for not agreeing. There aren't really a whole lot of regulations on people who aren't in the match. So its really a question of do you think the FGC is mature enough for a Gentlemen's Rule?

I don't mind, it adds to the hype and entertainment.

But some Kombat Kodes are just plaint out crazy, I think it's called Dark combat when the stage darkens every 3 seconds and you have a full X-ray and shiz should be banned, but simple ones like dream combat, Zombie Kombat, and Rainbow blood is cool with me.

I don't mean just those. I mean ANYTHING if you guys want to to a tourney match under "Test Your luck" That's on you two. You know the consequences going in so if you accept someone's challenge to use Test your luck as a tourney match. That's on you. once you agree it's like a short time contract.

Yeah I definitely think that the Gentlemen's Rule (love that name for some reason lol) should be game specific.
You can have Rainbow Kombat or Zombie Mode, but no full meter. Or something thats bound to make the person who is on the receiving end of an infinite they never knew existed rage quit and call for a disqualification. Or like no Kraid's Arena in Melee.

But with the Gentlemen's Rule I feel like pressure can come into play. Some guy may really want to make it out of pools, but say CDjr wants to play on Kratos' stage. The other guy wants a legit match, but everyone around him and in the stream is calling him lame for not agreeing. There aren't really a whole lot of regulations on people who aren't in the match. So its really a question of do you think the FGC is mature enough for a Gentlemen's Rule?

Yeah that's why I said "Gentlemen's Rule" should be just between the two players a contract sort of. If a contract agreement like this is made. It counts as the real thing as long as both parties agree. The main rules are there so someone who only wants the real deal can only get the real deal. Because the main rule circumcede's the gentlemens rule if either player disagrees.

If the crowd is trying to pressure you into doing some lame stage or some lame kombat code, That's on you if you give into the pressure. If you rage you have no one to blame but yourself. You can always say no and just play the normal rules when someone asks you.

I took someone to Flat Zone at a major tournament on SSBM, I'm sure you know how stupid that stage is. And I won because he agreed to do it. I asked jokingly. Then he said "ok" cuz he thought it would be lulz to do a tourney match there.

Kombat Kodes are fine as long as they don't alter gameplay like no blocking and increased strengh

The onlt reason why I think they would rarely allow Kratos stage is because someone might blame the stage for losing this match

Kombat Kodes are fine as long as they don't alter gameplay like no blocking and increased strengh

The onlt reason why I think they would rarely allow Kratos stage is because someone might blame the stage for losing this match

Not that it would happen but what if both players agree to no blocking code? Thats what I mean. Why stop them? Only reason I can think it is because nobody wants to watch that on live stream.

I don't want to be put out of a tournament because a guy sweeps me to death because of no blocking :laugh:

Not that it would happen but what if both players agree to no blocking code? Thats what I mean. Why stop them? Only reason I can think it is because nobody wants to watch that on live stream.

The people on the stream aren't competing in the tournament.

If they don't like it, they can wait for the next match.

I agree with the gentlemen's rule. Let them do whatever they want. They're the ones playing the game.

Man shut up. Jax has God like min games is all

God like Minute games? Whuut?

He's full of overheads and Armor on all his EX specials. I love fighting a good Jax with Sub, Just lame the negro out with that Ice clone 8)