Revenants to be revived in the next game?

I was being sarcastic with my first question Destroyer. To even suggest that the revenants be revived next game hints at people saying that I'm suggesting the ALL revenants become playable characters in the next one, and that's not the case in point made.
Besides, so what if they're revived? Why can't somebody else become ruler of the Netherrealm?
And as for other characters, like who?

it would be cool to see somebody else be the ruler of the netherealm while Quan Chi sits out a game. then in mk12 when Quan Chi returns they can either team up or fight to be the ruler of the netherealm.

as for the revenants returning, we only need Liu Kang and Kitana playable because of how mkx ended. the rest can either sit the game out or be JUST NPC in story mode and/or appear in characters endings.

Last edited:
it would be cool to see somebody else be the ruler of the netherealm while Quan Chi sits out a game. then in mk12 when Quan Chi returns they can either team up or fight to be the ruler of the netherealm.

as for the revenants returning, we only need Liu Kang and Kitana playable because of how mkx ended. the rest can either sit the game out or be JUST NPC in story mode and/or appear in characters endings.
Your second paragraph will most likely be the case in MK11 and Sindel becomes temporary ruler of it while Liu Kang and Kitana are in another realm fighting.
Don't know whether they'll be revived or escape from the Netherrealm in the next game, or whether Quan Chi is in it; but here is a no for the revenants staying in the Netherrealm for the long run.
The Netherrealm is the most evil realm and having these guys there is non-sensical.

Last edited:
And yet three of them were in it when the extended Gold version came out. Also IIRC MK4 was one of the least popular franchise games to come out. Not saying though that it was unpopular.

I was speaking of MK4, which was available on both N64 and PS1, not an expansion, which came out on Dreamcast.
Gold=/= vanilla MK4
Gold essentially = UMK3 and Trilogy for MK4.

Yep. Sadly for you and for some others they'll probably be in the next one because of this and it's what is wanted.
Oh, BTW Commander, it's two revenants at most that I'm suggesting be playable characters in the next instalment.

Sadly for me?
You act as if my purchasing decision for MK games is based off of 1 or 2 characters.
No, I haven't skipped out on MK games, and I never will do that just because 1 or 2 characters that I don't care for are in it.
I'm not like some people around here. :laugh:

Also, I was specifically addressing those 2 characters that you pointed out (Liu Kang and Kitana) in my reply, if you would have taken time to read it.
Here, I'll even post my quote, which you replied to.......
Also, why can't Liu Kang and Kitana just be the NetherRealm revenant bosses for MK11, and stay off the main roster?
Why isn't that a possibility?
Oh, that's right, because people will b****, moan, complain and threaten NRS workers if those 2 characters aren't playable.
It's bad enough that 1 dumb Reiko fan threatened to rape a NRS worker's wife and daughter if Reiko wasn't in.
I can't imagine what unbelievable lows people will stoop to if 2 much more famous characters aren't in the game.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to associate myself with the MK fanbase.

Also, FYI, you actually mentioned 3 characters.
Can't see that happening with Liu Kang, Kitana and Sindel.

I was speaking of MK4, which was available on both N64 and PS1, not an expansion, which came out on Dreamcast.
Gold=/= vanilla MK4
Gold essentially = UMK3 and Trilogy for MK4.

Sadly for me?
You act as if my purchasing decision for MK games is based off of 1 or 2 characters.
No, I haven't skipped out on MK games, and I never will do that just because 1 or 2 characters that I don't care for are in it.
I'm not like some people around here. :laugh:

Also, I was specifically addressing those 2 characters that you pointed out (Liu Kang and Kitana) in my reply, if you would have taken time to read it.
Here, I'll even post my quote, which you replied to.......
Like I also said before if you read or acknowledged it, it's to make sure people know that just because I want the revenants returned back to normal, doesn't mean I'm actually for all of them being playable in the next instalment.

Also, FYI, you actually mentioned 3 characters.
What point are you trying to make here? I mentioned those three as important figures for story line purposes, not Sindel being playable in the next game.

Like I also said before if you read or acknowledged it, it's to make sure people know that just because I want the revenants returned back to normal, doesn't mean I'm actually for all of them being playable in the next instalment.

I never said or implied that you were in favor of all of them being playable, though.
I just replied to you regarding Kitana and Liu Kang.

What point are you trying to make here? I mentioned those three as important figures for story line purposes, not Sindel being playable in the next game.

Well, you mentioned this
What if they all just stay dead? Hmm...I don't know. Maybe just kill them off for good?
Can't see that happening with Liu Kang, Kitana and Sindel.

You mentioned Sindel in your other post.
It came off as you wanting Liu Kang, Kitana and Sindel as revenants that you wanted back.
Sindel doesn't need to "come back," for story purposes, just like MKX proved with her cameo appearances.
She can show up for a scene or 2 and be an interactible AI character.

Last edited:
I never said or implied that you were in favor of all of them being playable, though.
I just replied to you regarding Kitana and Liu Kang.

Well, you mentioned this

You mentioned Sindel in your other post.
It came off as you wanting Liu Kang, Kitana and Sindel as revenants that you wanted back.
Sindel doesn't need to "come back," for story purposes, just like MKX proved with her cameo appearances.
She can show up for a scene or 2 and be an interactible AI character.
Yeah the mention of Sindel in my other posts were for story line purposes too. Are you just merely indifferent to the revenants' revivals, or in disagreement to it?
Whatever way, case in point, I disagree with it (them staying as revenants) in the end. Yes, I would like to have them revived.

Last edited:
I'm in disagreement with them being revived, at least for a while.
Maybe another game or 2.
For once, I think it would be nice to see death have an actual meaning in an MK plot rather than "Poof, Quan Chi magic," as far as the story goes.
Part of the reason why I didn't take the MKX story as seriously is because of stupid things like Raiden saying some incantations and Sonya kicking Quan Chi in the balls somehow being the key to bringing Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Jax back.
Really???

That specific event in MKX made Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Jax's deaths in MK9 feel utterly and completely pointless (IMO).
It also made his cyber transformation completely pointless.
Here's cyber Sub-Zero for a chapter of his own................. *10 minutes later* killed in Sindel's mass murder spree.
As much as I disliked the idea of Sub-Zero being transformed into a robot in MK9, what's the point of making him a robot, then killing him, then making him a human-formed revenant form (MKX comics), then bringing him right back to his previous MK9 human form?
You see?
Stuff like that is why people don't take the MK story seriously.
Quan Chi, Mileena and Baraka die in MKX? Who gives a flying turd?
Some hocus pocus will happen in MK11 and they'll be back for another game.

It's part of the reason why I liked that Nightwolf, Kabal, Stryker, Jade, Smoke, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao and Sindel all stayed in undead / revenant forms in MKX story mode.
Their deaths actually meant something.
Just because Kitana and Liu Kang are undead / revenants in MK11, doesn't mean they can't be playable with alternate costumes.
Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana proved that to be true in MKX.
Could be possible for them to be playable again for MK11, even as revenants.
The same goes for Mileena.
According to MKX, dead =/= unplayable.

Whether it's taken seriously or not, there are far more complexities with characters' deaths than they just die and then are re-born again as all the deaths (and rebirths) throughout the games are under different circumstances. Or some who actually don't come back.:_wink:
Now for the topic. Who knows if they'll be back next game, the game after. But hopefully not for the next ten of them.
The reasons I don't like them as revenants are because there's more you can do with their story lines than having them die and then become re-born through someone else's sorcery. Even those who are rather unimportant or will only ever be semi-regulars in the games. That's why it was great that some returned.
Then there are also other ones who can be better revenants than those lot, or rulers of the Netherrealm itself. These are other points and more than the mere fact that they're now back and alive if, as I also expect, they do come back.

Last edited:
I just want the character revivals to mean something, and not just "Oh, fans of ___________ cried the loudest for that character, so were bringing them back alive." OR not another "We need an excuse for Jax to have a daughter, so let's have Raiden chant some stuff while Sonya kicks Quan Chi in the twig and berries, because dead people don't procreate."

For example, if somehow Nightwolf comes back, NRS could go into detail about how Nightwolf becomes a sin-eater for his tribe, which was part of his Deception storyline that made it sound (IMO) like he was the ying to Quan Chi's yang.

Now, I'm not saying that I want Nightwolf back, as I'm perfectly fine with Kotal Kahn taking up the role of the "native character" for a while, but I just used him as an example of characters coming back to life and having some sort of meaning to them.

I just want the character revivals to mean something, and not just "Oh, fans of ___________ cried the loudest for that character, so were bringing them back alive." OR not another "We need an excuse for Jax to have a daughter, so let's have Raiden chant some stuff while Sonya kicks Quan Chi in the twig and berries, because dead people don't procreate."
I didn't see anything where Jax had Jacqui after his revival from the dead. Kung Lao's ending in MKX, if it's canon and I hint it is, is one example of a different sort of "revival". It might not be that they all come back through a magic power; but in the end, they're mortal. It's different from Raiden's death in Deception where he comes back because he's immortal or Hsu Hao dying and not coming back at all.

For example, if somehow Nightwolf comes back, NRS could go into detail about how Nightwolf becomes a sin-eater for his tribe, which was part of his Deception storyline that made it sound (IMO) like he was the ying to Quan Chi's yang.

Now, I'm not saying that I want Nightwolf back, as I'm perfectly fine with Kotal Kahn taking up the role of the "native character" for a while, but I just used him as an example of characters coming back to life and having some sort of meaning to them.
Well even if Kung Lao's ending is canon, technically he's still dead, but has left the Netherrealm to return back to Earthrealm. Liu Kang and Kitana might still be undead characters in their playable form too. Jax might die once again if just one ending happens to be canon. I can't see him coming back to life for the next game if it does happen.
There are hints that the next game will be an MK tournament, like the first 2 original games. That's great. Even if it's yet another Earthrealm-Outworld plot in the next instalment, there have only been the 2 tournament based games and they were in the first 2 MK instalments.
And as much as I've made my dislike of the characters as revenants clear, there have been other evolvements that I have. Hey, at least things are changing. Scorpion and Sub-Zero burying the hatchet just one, and Hanzo coming back in his human form and his clan and family being revived. It only took some ten games and nine of them to get square on Quan Chi.
I would also like there to be a new MK champion too for story line changes, but it might be the same old and Liu Kang wins it once more. And for his reward he comes back to life and escapes from the Netherrealm. Just an example of how another character's revival might happen.

Last edited:
I didn't see anything where Jax had Jacqui after his revival from the dead.

Unless he got Vera (his wife in MKX) pregnant before the events of MK9, then the other logical conclusion is that after he was revived Jax settled down to have a family.
Sonya even said that he retired from SF after he was set free.
Jax also (in story mode) also still seems pissed about Jacqui enlisting, which doesn't seem long ago.
"His stress has been increased in recent years due to his daughter Jacqui's enlistment in the Special Forces--" (Jax MKX bio).
In the US you have to be 18 to enlist, so if Jacqui is about 20 or 21, which seems about right, then Jax having Jacqui after being revived makes sense.

The event where he gets set free from the NetherRealm takes place 20 years prior to the current MKX timeline, so that's about 5 years after MK9.
It does seem like that's the 1 rule of life that NRS has yet to break: dead people don't procreate.

Last edited: