New MK:D fake...

Well heres a new fake of mine ermac vs kobra, took me awhile.

ermacvskobra.png

i know you cant see the sprites very well so here they are...
ermac.png
Kobra1.png
Kobra2.png

If you use them please give me credit.
i got the idea for this fake from this pic...
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=73018
Thanks to Deadly Dragon for the life bar.

Hope you like.
-Foot

Nice work once again, Foot. And I personally know this one took a fair bit of effort on your part. But the results speak for themselves. Good job.

Let me get this striaght? Ermac is kinda meditataing and forcing Koala Kenny to explode from the inside using his telekinetic powers, right? Good blood effects, good shadows, and background, glow effects administered in the right amount too I think.

Sweet

10/10

It looks pretty good, however you tried to shade them with the telekinetic Green and it really just doesn't look right.. I would stick to just the outline of green.

I think the blood looks great though.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, Mal.

Too much noise, in terms of color, for this to be a great fake.

Some of your lines stand out too much as well. The outline around Ermacs flap thingy (anyone know what the hell thats called btw?) and in the shot of the sprites, all the gold and black piping on Kobra's Gi.

Not enough shadowing on the sprites. Ermac looks a lot better on the pink background because it is bright, so the shading shows up more. In the fake, He looks to be a bit flat. There doesn't seem to be a noticeable source of light. Basically, make the dark parts darker and the bright parts brighter.

Kobra's shadow is in the wrong spot too (sorry, the more I'm actually looking, the more I'm seeing that could use some tweaking). If Ermac's shadow is being cast backwards, then the light is coming from the front. If the light is coming from the front, there is no way that Kobra's shadow could start where it does (on a plane in front of Ermac's). From the look of things, the shadow should start between the second and third board in to the pic.

Your blood looks pretty stellar. The fact that you have Ermac controlling that as well doesn't :( I know that's how the picture you did this off of looks, but for this pic, it just adds more of that green noise.

This style is really reminiscant of MaxDam. I hope I don't offend by asking, did you take chopped up renders of the characters from MKD and place them how you needed or did you just fill in a shape with color, then do all the detailing to that?

Either way, it's still some of the best stuff we've seen 'round these parts lately.

Kudos

If you look closely, he edit them in paint. No Render involved except maybe Kobra's head. Not sure tought!

Btw, killkano, Not all my fakes were done like this: Not that they are Great but what exacly do you call it my style?

Here are some example of some of my works done 2-3 year ago in paint:
SubZedoxFakeContest.jpg

sektorfakepng.png

582.jpg

And here are some made with render and screenshots:

423.jpg

I think you can tell the diference.

Your fakes just have a certain look and feel that is solely MaxDam. In a contest I can pick your fake out in a snap.

Sorry to be the cause for the derailing of your topic, Foot.

The rest of you, WAKE UP!

This thread isn't for posting how astonishing Max's fakes are. This is all about Foot's work here.

Please refrain from rating Max's work in Foot's (it's disprespectful) thread and keep your replies on topic to the original post. If you want to rate Max's work, go find his threads :p

Gah, I was going to use the same idea for a fake :| ... I will probably still use it and make it a little different.

Overall the fake has the feeling of being too cartoony. I would try and get away from this by adding more contrast and depth to your shading. Try using more pure blacks and whites to convey a feeling of real lighting. That's all I got to throw out really, too lazy to go into detail.

Bottom line: The fake is okay, not the most pleasing to the eyes, but still a decent attempt by my standards. Good job.

K1LLKANO said:
Your fakes just have a certain look and feel that is solely MaxDam. In a contest I can pick your fake out in a snap.

That wouldn't be because he prints his user name in the bottom right corner of his fakes, would it?

K1LLKANO said:
Kobra's shadow is in the wrong spot too (sorry, the more I'm actually looking, the more I'm seeing that could use some tweaking). If Ermac's shadow is being cast backwards, then the light is coming from the front. If the light is coming from the front, there is no way that Kobra's shadow could start where it does (on a plane in front of Ermac's). From the look of things, the shadow should start between the second and third board in to the pic.

i was acctully trying to make the shadow form the green telekines(sp?) stuff, but i couldent really figer out where to put it.

K1LLKANO said:
This style is really reminiscant of MaxDam. I hope I don't offend by asking, did you take chopped up renders of the characters from MKD and place them how you needed or did you just fill in a shape with color, then do all the detailing to that?

Either way, it's still some of the best stuff we've seen 'round these parts lately.

Kudos

i just got classic sprites and edited them in PS. thanks for the comments and advice. i remember all those fake MaxDam, still think there awesome. But this thread isen't about his fakes like K1LL said. lol sorry MKR :p . Thanks for your comments everyone.

-Foot

I want to apologise also foot. It wasn't my intention to ruin your thread. I just wanted to clear a point.
I agree with MKRocket about the shading. Pretty good job!

Don't worry about, its always nice to see your fakes, havent seen you around for ages diden't know you still posted. still making fakes?

MKRocket wrote:
Overall the fake has the feeling of being too cartoony. I would try and get away from this by adding more contrast and depth to your shading. Try using more pure blacks and whites to convey a feeling of real lighting. That's all I got to throw out really, too lazy to go into detail.

but ain't mkda/mkd cartoony lookin? :p . I get what you mean but i think thats just my style, i dunno lol. got any more tips on how to make it more realistic?.
thanks everyone for your comments.

-Foot