MKTT Dallas Meetup Thread

just got from the MK Truck and it was AWESOME!!!! had soo much fun! playing JEff was really fun! and got 2nd in the tournament!!

Hey guys, I went to go check out the MK Truck earlier today and it was a lot of fun! I'm definitely looking forward to playing it when it finally drops.

I briefly spoke to somebody that was promoting TRMK (Jeff?), I asked how big the MK community was in Dallas. Sorry if I kinda walked off abruptly, I really wanted to go play and they called me up lol.

Anyways, if any of you guys really want to check out the Dallas Fighting Game Community you should come out to DFW Fight Club sometime. We host gatherings every friday, and also run a number of tournaments throughout the year. As of right now we're mainly playing SSF4 and Marvel 3, but I know MK will be a hit once we can get our hands on it. We've been running ranbats for both games, so I'm sure it'll be no different for MK.

There's gonna be a Major tourney coming up on May 7th-8th, called the Uppercut Southwest Championship, which will feature MK9 as one of the main games. I hope you guys can come out and see us! I'm not too sure if ya'll are in the know of all that's happening in the fighting game scene as far as Texas goes, but it's definitely an exciting time to be a part of the Dallas scene.

If you want more details, just send me a PM. I know it might be weird hearing all this from a random dude's first post, but I really want to see the MK community grow in Dallas. I want to see this new iteration of MK stand the test of time and prove itself to be a true tournament worthy game.

Last edited:
Guys if you want to meet up and play fighting games, DFW FIGHT CLUB is the place!!!! We play on 12 set ups each with a tournament quality, no lag monitor and each with their own pair of TE sticks!!! (if you want to bring your own controller, you are welcome to!)

DFW FIGHT CLUB happens EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT! This has been going on for over two years and we have around 40 active players. There are tournaments, plenty of casual games, and even training sessions to help out less experienced players.

If you want that ol' arcade experience with a bunch of friends, DFW FIGHT CLUB is where you want to be!!!!

AND DFW FIGHT CLUB is absolutely FREE!!!!

Come join a thriving community in DFW! We already have pre ordered multiple copies of MK!!!!! Right now we are playing the MK demo, MvC3, SSF4, BlazBlue, Arcana Heart 3, and all of the old classic fighters as well!

2125 Sweetwood Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76131

Ask for Jeff 832-545-8098

Just got back home from a fun day at the Mortal Kombat Road Tour in Farmer's Branch, TX right outside of Dallas Today (3/20)!

It was a Blast!

I won the Tournament and got 1 PAX East T-Shirt and 4 more MK Road Tour T-Shirts.

Got Interviewed and they took down all my Info for winning.

Tawnya and Josh were Super Kool people, who were putting on the event.

Also got to meet some Kool new MK Friends.

2hnxnow.jpg

Me and the SuperCharged WS6 Trans Am in front of the MK Trailer

jv6mtz.jpg

Me at the back of the MK Trailer

ezg9qv.jpg

Me in front of the MK Truck

2jb2tfn.jpg

Me and other MK fans gathering for the Tournament!

25rgqjc.jpg

Me next to Sub-Zero

28uof2t.jpg

Me next to Scorpion

2vvw6iw.jpg

Me between Sub-Zero & Scorpion

r72hqu.jpg

My cousin Clay & I next to the Trailer

2pquu6u.jpg

My cousin Clay at the back of the Trailer

mh4pr8.jpg

Josh, funny dude, I wanted that Head Band!!

2j4r4sn.jpg
14y7la9.jpg

Tawnya and I. Such a Sweet Girl, Beautiful Smile and Awesome Personality!

Mortal Kombat Road Tour Video

Last edited:
I won the Tournament and got 1 PAX East T-Shirt and 4 more MK Road Tour T-Shirts.

Also got to meet some Kool new MK Friends.

I will be posting more Pics and Video Tomorrow!

new MK friends like me??? (im the guy the kept getting 2nd place in the tournaments and the guy u crushed in the 1st tournament)

and i wanted the shirt from PAX sooo bad! haha

new MK friends like me??? (im the guy the kept getting 2nd place in the tournaments and the guy u crushed in the 1st tournament)

and i wanted the shirt from PAX sooo bad! haha

hahaha, good times, yea you should have won atleast one of those tournaments. good games man!!

Man, I havnt heard about DFW FIGHT CLUB till now. I need to attend that very soon! I was at the MKTT, but showed up reeeally late. I had alotta fun at the meet up afterward tho! Was cool to meet you guys. Im a huge oldschool MK fan. Im the dude with the Shao Kahn tatt, that won the autographed MKDA strat. I was lookin forward to bein in the tournament too, but was 2 late. :( Ive won a few in my day & I need better competition than the ppl I usually play. (Sorry guys! lol) But, yeah glad to meet you guys & Ill be seein ya again!

I talked to the DFW Fight Club guys myself, they seemed like really nice guys, I wish they were closer to my neck of the woods. I plan on setting something similar up in the OKC Metro Area in the future.

Just come out to Fight Club sometime if you're looking for some better competition. We're all about welcoming new people and building the community!

Yeah, no doubt! Ill definately come to DFW fight club soon & Ill try my best to make it to the 'UPPER'-Cut Circuit too! I didnt know anything like this was really goin on around here. But now I know, & "There is no knowledge, that is not power". heh. see ya soon!