Man in the Suit

Prophet

Let me try this, I'm not very good :oops:

----
Man in the Suit
---

They say that life is a road. An obstructed, cold, unforgiving route leading to an unknown destination.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a guy with an inspriational tale about swords and dragons and gunfire. I'm just a man in a suit, sharing his troubles for the good of the nation.
I'm in a bit of a bind. This regime that's running this country is closing in on our people. Waiting behind the door hoping I won't hear. But I hear them sneaking down the corridor.. and I'm just on the other side, sitting in a chair and smoking a cigarette.
Yesterday they snuck in and stole some of my belongings. It didn't really matter to me. I won't be needing money or cars where I'm going. They try to look professional and collected, with their gas masks and their psuedo-strength. Your only as strong as the gun you wield, and I a small one. I guess you're curious about my appearance, and the history of this regime, so I'll enlighten you, and maybe give you a couple gutsy chuckles.
I'm Marc Gunther, a thirty-year-old unshaven man with black greasey hair and a baish fedora. Now this "regime" I'm referring to was this terrible concept our president cooked up in his fickle head of his.
They're called the "Freedom Act". A composition of the best special-op commanders used against the nation... It's hard enough trying to manage with a culture ran by a terrorist organization working against the president, but when you have the exact same concept working with the president, it causes the citizens to "cooperate" easier.
Basically the "Freedom Regime" are like undercover cops. You never see them, but as soon as you do anything mildly suggestive, whether it be smoking a cigarette in your own home, or picking up a stray cat. These guys would be on your asses faster than a wheel on roadkill. I don't abide, and I'm open about it. I'm not running out of my way to annoy these guys, but I'm certainly not cooperating. And in this reality, there aren't any superheros.
There's a man I go to to spill out all of my guts and accusations too, my bartender Gill. He's definitely underrated. Does too much for the community. Just last week he held a fund-raiser for War Amps.. of course the "Freedom Regime" pounced on that pretty damn fast.
So yeah, here I am sitting on an old creaky chair in my leaky apartment. I really need to get out of this place, I feel imprisioned. Meowing won't free the cat. They're banging on the door now, shouting "Open up, inspection.". I'm not opening up. I'm just on the other side, sitting in a chair and smoking a cigarette.

---