Joker's Fatality - toned down :(

f
u
c
k
censorship

Not sure if it's really censorship, the ESRB isn't censoring them per say. They are saying "you can cut this for a T rating or it's an M rating" and the thing is if we didn't see the earlier version, we wouldn't know it was "toned down."

The censorship of a Teen Rating may be from DC itself though by saying, if we do this game it's gotta appeal to the same demographics that read our comics. People who may not be 18 years old quite yet, so it's gotta have a Teen rating. I'm probably boiling it down a lot, but that's the gist of it.

Before DC got involved with Mortal Kombat they should've respected the fact that the MORTAL KOMBAT guys are the ones making the game, not them

Reminds me of a saying

You come into MY house, you eat the food the way I make it.

It should have stayed behind the scenes. They had no business showing us at all. We should have never known about this.

I felt they had to show us something because of the many "jump the gun" fans that thought this game wouldn't be remotely "violent"

However, they should leave some of the game for release for that suspence factor. You don't want to know too much afterall.:-D

I felt they had to show us something because of the many "jump the gun" fans that thought this game wouldn't be remotely "violent"

It isn't remotely violent anymore. And to think, I was actually starting to fall for this game. Great to hear this 17 days before release, now I will NOT buy this game. I don't want to provide Midway any profits towards this bull shit. That's like rewarding your children for tracking mud on your floors.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter.

MK Armageddon might as well have had no fatalities in it, because they were terrible. The only thing that saved it were stage fatalites.

I agree that it's sad that you would buy a game based on whether or not the finishing moves are violent enough. If all you care about is fatalites, don't even buy the game, just wait until someone posts a video of all the fatalities on Youtube for you to watch.

I think that this game could bring Mortal Kombat back to where it belongs, on top, as the king of fighting games. It may lose some MK fans, but the die hards aren't going anywhere, and the game is going to bring a ton of new people to the franchise.

The game looks amazing to me, and I am anxiously awaiting for it to come out. With, or without Joker's fatality.

For those who are going to condescend to anyone who would consider not buying this game based on a lack of violence, keep in mind that this is Mortal Kombat, a franchise that, despite whatever progressions in gameplay and storyline have been made, would never have come close to such a level of success without said over-the-top violence. We all know that if it weren't for excessive gore, the MK "series" would be entirely relegated to a single quirky little game from 1992 that's looked back on and remembered about as fondly as Pit Fighter.

I don't fall into this category myself, but do try to understand where these people are coming from.

It isn't remotely violent anymore. And to think, I was actually starting to fall for this game. Great to hear this 17 days before release, now I will NOT buy this game. I don't want to provide Midway any profits towards this bull shit. That's like rewarding your children for tracking mud on your floors.

QFT. Now GTFO.

By the way, your analogy is terrible.

For those who are going to condescend to anyone who would consider not buying this game based on a lack of violence, keep in mind that this is Mortal Kombat, a franchise that, despite whatever progressions in gameplay and storyline have been made, would never have come close to such a level of success without said over-the-top violence. We all know that if it weren't for excessive gore, the MK "series" would be entirely relegated to a single quirky little game from 1992 that's looked back on and remembered about as fondly as Pit Fighter.

I don't fall into this category myself, but do try to understand where these people are coming from.

Yeah, I understand all right. They're fair-weather fans.

Totally disagree...MK is still very violent..and dark...way more then any other fighter on the market....it's just this game won't be as "Mature" as the previous titles, have you seen Raiden's fatality or Subs? this game is VERY violent for a T rated game, they even had to as the title says tone down Jokers...this is no kiddy game besides...people shouldn't be buying this game though for "fatalities alone" if that's the case, then you're just wasting your money.

Gameplay, Story, online>>>everything else...

Last edited:
As I've said before, while I don't buy the game FOR the fatalities necessarily, I still have great emotional investment in them being as kickass and violent as I'd like them to be. So I'm kind of dissapointed in those of you who don't seem to care that these fatalities are quick, painless, and boring. You need fatalities to be an MK game, and while they might not need to be super gorefests, they do need to be entertaining.

What I'm really looking for in a fatality is SATISFACTION. I want to be able to perform a fatality, turn to the guy sitting next to me on the couch and say with total confidence "PWNED!". Understand? Now as far as I can tell, the Joker's fatality is one that I can very much turn and say that about. Sonya's, Catwoman's, Flash's....not so much.

Anyone here see the 40-year-old virgin (I think that's the movie)? The scene where they do Sub-Zero's fatality in MKD? That's the kind of scene I like to have when I'm playing with friends.

Yeah, Fatalities are known to a lot of the MK fanbase but what I'm saying is that everyone knew months ago and it's not everything to the game...and shouldn't be, lol that this game would be rated T...so to be "disappointed in toned down fatalities" now is almost a moot point or pointless.

I mean, we're getting a great story, awesome new gameplay(more oldschool thank god and looking very solid) these things matter way more then just someones fatality as far as I'm concerned.

If anything though, I seriously as I've said before blame the ESRB for being anal at the last second being up Midway's ass about this.

If a fans going to buy this game for "fatalities" alone, then you might as well do one of the following. A. go play the older MK's or B. go rent some horror films, you'll see lots of gorey over the top fatalities.

I'm buying it for the overall package, fatalities I've come to accept and realize months ago weren't going to be "as over the top bloody" in this game, and I'm fine with that given the finishing results I see...

taken from www.FightersGeneration.com

tfgcomics-mk-vs-dc.gif