.:: Fake - Gorge vs. Ravage - Fake ::.

VenoMark

bendoverandletmeloveyou.png

Another of my older works, this one taking an entire weekend to finish. I consider it my best work, but my critics say otherwise. The detail and time I put into Gorge (the red guy) leaves very little negativity. Though, I do have issues with the breastplate. Initially, I had intended to add scuff marks and scratches, and make it look a lot less like he had breasts, but alas...another example of me rushing to get it out and into the open.

The background looks faded and/or blurry because there's a fog. Gorge is positioned the way he is for the sole reason that he's just completed that vicious 19-hit combo you see underneath his adrenaline bar, and he hasn't yet repositioned himself in his stance (which I've entitled "Doombringer", the official fighting style of the Dark Legion, a group...and, you don't know wanna read about all that).

Hit me.

lol.. I don't like the fonts, but I'm not going to hit you for creative license on that part.

Let's start with the red guy:
I like the design and the head looks really good. The chest seems flat, i've been critiqued on this point with some of mine in the past. His right arm is funky looking.. I know it's further in the background, but it still doesn't seem thick enough. The lower torso seems way too long. If it's just because he's wearing Urkle style pants then it's his upper torso that is off. :)
The thigh plates are way off, his right thigh plate has a clear angle on it, where the left one goes straight across, nearly parallel to the floor. the left one also comes up higher on the thigh. The length of the lower legs are not proportionate to the length of the upper legs and the right foot looks like a hoof and is not long enough to be a foot.

Now the gray guy:
I don't really see anything wrong with him ;) Great job!

the background:
Nice background, however it is just a tad bit plain... Add some dirt, blood leaves, frayed ropes.. something to indicate this wasn't a newly constructed bridge for the sole purpose of fighting on. :) Also, according to the perspective, the foreground rope appears lower than the background rope, it should be the other way around. At least the rope thickness is correct.

I hope that helps.

cool but Gorge's right arm looks short although i know its resting on the other side,but I still like it your fakes are awesome 10/10

I think its a pretty good fake, 8/10.

I don't think the red guy is that creative as I assume you just ripped him from Quake 3 Arena

Visor:
visor-close.jpg

You need to work on the size of your fakes, and the style that you do the blood. Good start, but always need for improvement.

Prophet said:
I think its a pretty good fake, 8/10.

I don't think the red guy is that creative as I assume you just ripped him from Quake 3 Arena

You need to work on the size of your fakes, and the style that you do the blood. Good start, but always need for improvement.

I...didn't copy Gorge from Vizor. Vizor's a badass character and I did intend to create him before I realized how much Gorge resembled Vizor. I guess it was some long-lost memory, as I used to play Q3A's mod "Rocket Arena 3" all the time, and everyone used Vizor. It was annoying. The steel mask bolted to his face is derivitive of Vizor's, but it's supposed to be more in the shape of a skull.

The size of my fakes will never change. Nothing looks blurred or pixelated like a lot of the resized backgrounds and whatnot. Everything looks relatively crisp and while it's not as crisp as my newest material, the size isn't as big an enough as it would have been had an amateur gone on to enlarge sprites and/or a background.

What's wrong with the blood? I've stated before, I believe, that I always implement a realistic style in my fake pictures. I started that whole thing, and it's revolutionized the industry. I'm an innovator. It's what I do. I'd suggest what the problem may be, but I honestly don't see it. So, tell me, what is the issue that you have with the blood? Not "MK" enough? It ain't exactly supposed to be an MK-related fake picture.

"Good start"? I've been doing this for years, before you started shitting yourself. As recent as that may have been, I've been producing fake pictures since before MK5.org became MKOnline. Hell, I dabbled in it before I even realized MK5.org existed.

I like your style .

Don't worry about people like Prophet they can't read more than two paragraphs before they stop and skip, he wasn't meant to offend but as you can easily read... You stated that. (So you have the right to)

10/10. Even though I already saw it before on that one posted link.

The fonts are a little hard to read but other than that, wow! I have no idea how to do a fake like that but Disappointed has given me a link so I will check it out and perhaps one day I'll post my work here. Nice job!