What are the games that you bought and that you regret?

The 2014 Thief reboot....

Goodness gracious was that horrible, and I got it when it was $60 (not a pre-order) because I had seen the gameplay and it looked amazing at the time.
Man, was I ever so wrong.
The voice-acting, story progression and load times were all pretty bad and I ended up selling it on Amazon for about $5 less than what I paid for it, after a few days.
That game is a big part of the reason why if it isn't MK or Dishonored, I'll just wait for the price to go down.

That game was so trash I forgot I bought that Day 1 with the PS4. I was so hyped because of Dishonored and I got finesse really easily because of that.

One game that has completely ruined the Pre-Order Game for me is Mass Effect Andromeda. WORST MASS EFFECT EVER!
The funny thing is, it's not my least favorite Mass Effect because I feel that it's still a better GAME than ME3, but as a Mass Effect game this game is complete and utter garbage. They would've done a better job removing the Mass Effect name from this game. Now I see how Final Fantasy fans felt when they got FFXIII (which is still my favorite in the series). The only reason, and I mean ONLY reason I can give them a bit of sympathy (at least the lower level devs on the team), is because of this article detailing exactly why this game was so trash. And based on the original vision, we almost had a Sean Murray level finesse. This is the one time that I can say it actually wasn't EA's fault. It was the head people of Bioware Montreal F'ing up everything. Because of this very game, I no longer pre-order anything that isn't Netherealm Studios, Arkane Studios, Bethesda, or Fire Emblem. The only reason I gave a pass to CoD this year is because it's WW2, and it's literally impossible for them to screw up the campaign mode of WW2.

Yeah, I ended up going right back to Dishonored after the terrible 2014 Thief.
It's kind of funny how the original Thief games inspired Dishonored, Dishonored inspired the last Thief (and it sucked), and Dishonored 2 had Stephen Russell (the original voice of Garrett) doing the voice of Corvo.
It made Dishonored 2 interesting to play as Corvo because when I'd hear Russell's voice as Corvo I tend to think "Ah, the Thief that could have been."

Battleborn.

I bought it before Overwatch came out cause my friend convinced me it wad better. I played the first two story missions and two matches online and never played again.

What's worse is that I bought it digital :bawling:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1. Dark Souls
Because of this:
E6149325693685720A864F61F08822FD95DA8538
PC port...I wouldn't even buy this game if it wasn't for my asshole ex-colleague who insisted I'd try this game.

2. Mortal Kombat X
PC PORT! ! !. Swore not to Pre-Order, only to get suckered in by Ed Boon's hype machine...

3. Battlefield 4. Once again, shitty PC port that had Day One glitches like game crashing because you exploded a building (game objective). And overall I grew tired of the CoD run-n-gun gameplay with arcade tanks and jets. Especially when Battlefield 3 got abandoned and it needed content/fixes. Oh yeah, it was a Pre-Order...

4. Aliens: Colonial Marines. So, huge Aliens fan. Randy Pitchford sold me on all the hype. Got this game on Pre-Order (....), and at the moment I was moving into my house so the broadband wasn't ready yet until two weeks later. When I get online, I see my brother playing the game in multiplayer, slaying some nerds. We go play the Co-Op campaign and I couldn't stand how bad that game was, immediately uninstalled it. No amount of alcohol helped to rectify the FUBAR situation. It's only months later that I gave Multiplayer a go, got hooked on it, and was one of the most controversial/known/best MP players on the PC. The nerdrage only boosted my ego, felt good. Hell I still have an entire Steam profile dedicated to all the rage quotes from virgins who got angry at online video games. Coded my mods for it, such as AI improvements, which were while very advanced and one of the kind, proved to be a total waste of time. Was it worth £40-50? No. It's a good thing that SJW Randy and Gearbox are 5 feet under these days.

5. Max Payne 3. There was this "Social Club" plugin that simply didn't allow me to login no matter what I've done. I was only interested in the Single Player, and yet had to login to some Facebook system. 1 hour clocked total; all of which was spent trying to fix it.

6. Alien: Isolation. Cliche, repetitive, boring, awful ending.

Last edited:
1. Dark Souls
Because of this:
E6149325693685720A864F61F08822FD95DA8538
PC port...I wouldn't even buy this game if it wasn't for my asshole ex-colleague who insisted I'd try this game.

2. Mortal Kombat X
PC PORT! ! !. Swore not to Pre-Order, only to get suckered in by Ed Boon's hype machine...

3. Battlefield 4. Once again, shitty PC port that had Day One glitches like game crashing because you exploded a building (game objective). And overall I grew tired of the CoD run-n-gun gameplay with arcade tanks and jets. Especially when Battlefield 3 got abandoned and it needed content/fixes. Oh yeah, it was a Pre-Order...

4. Aliens: Colonial Marines. So, huge Aliens fan. Randy Pitchford sold me on all the hype. Got this game on Pre-Order (....), and at the moment I was moving into my house so the broadband wasn't ready yet until two weeks later. When I get online, I see my brother playing the game in multiplayer, slaying some nerds. We go play the Co-Op campaign and I couldn't stand how bad that game was, immediately uninstalled it. No amount of alcohol helped to rectify the FUBAR situation. It's only months later that I gave Multiplayer a go, got hooked on it, and was one of the most controversial/known/best MP players on the PC. The nerdrage only boosted my ego, felt good. Hell I still have an entire Steam profile dedicated to all the rage quotes from virgins who got angry at online video games. Coded my mods for it, such as AI improvements, which were while very advanced and one of the kind, proved to be a total waste of time. Was it worth £40-50? No. It's a good thing that SJW Randy and Gearbox are 5 feet under these days.

5. Max Payne 3. There was this "Social Club" plugin that simply didn't allow me to login no matter what I've done. I was only interested in the Single Player, and yet had to login to some Facebook system. 1 hour clocked total; all of which was spent trying to fix it.

6. Alien: Isolation. Cliche, repetitive, boring, awful ending.

Maybe it's time that you join the peasantry known as consoles. :laugh:

Have you played Nier Automata yet? I highly recommend it. I think it should be on PC at the moment.

Maybe.
The last time I picked it up, though, was when they added piloting the freighter ships / being able to have your own outpost and even then I wasn't that interested.

Dark Summit. This was when SSX Tricky was like THE best snowboarding game, and I saw this one day and got it.

It's that bad that this is what is on its Wikipedia page:

"Dark Summit is a 2001 sports video game released by Radical Entertainment. The game simulates snowboarding".

Yeap. I don't even remember what you do in it, all I can remember is that you're snowboarding and there's like a lot of toxic slime and police around. You're being chased. The soundtrack was the only thing that was actually decent. Otherwise, the game was nothing but trash, and I wasted my time with it.

1) My number one on my list would have to be Destiny! I bought that game thinking it would be amazing because.. you know... the makers of Halo created it... and it was a sci-fi FPS (like Halo)... so naturally... I was SOOOO EXCITED on release date... I picked up the game (because I pre-ordered), bought the seasons pass...

So I got home...

I Put the game in, used the seasons pass code and a bunch of other codes I got free for pre-ordering....

Anyways... I put in the game... start the bi**h up... and wtf do I see after playing for a short while...barley any campaign or cinematics... it was as if it was just an online multiplayer game (or 90% focus on that aspect)...

God damn... I played the game for 40 minutes and I KNEW right away... it was trash... no disrespect to all the hardcore Destiny's Child fans.... but that game was garbage to me.... didnt have ANY of the emotional and excitement roller coster rides that I experienced in my heart as I did with the Halo franchise...

So a week later, I sold the game for $20 on Kijiji

I spent $80 on the game, $50 on the Seasons pass, all I got in return was a wasted 40 hours of my life and I lost $110.... lol... anywayssss.....

2) Okay so next uppppppp is...... hmmmmm.... actually... I dont think there is a second one....

Okay well have a goodnight you guys! Cheers!

:)

This one will require some explaining, but...Dishonored 2!

Now, if its not known already, I absolutely loved the first Dishonored game and it was no questions asked when Dishonored 2 was announced. I followed the game for a while, even when Karnaca was rumored to be a location in the game. The day I picked the game up from gamestop, I spent $500 on a 4kTV, $399+tax for the PS4 Pro, and $50+tax (cause I pre-paid half of it) for the CE of Dishonored 2. I spent very few hours on the game because at that time I was working 50+ hours a week, schooling, working on my own game(s), and writing fanfiction as I still do now. Factor in the fact that my Cyber Monday games Ratchet & Clank and Rise of the Tomb Raider had arrived days after, FFXV came out 2 weeks after, then I had just purchased Natural Doctrine, I was still playing Madden 17, then in January (with the same stipulations) I had Yakuza 0 & Kingdom Hearts 2.8, February I dont remember what I purchased, March I had Nier Automata (my goty) and Mass Effect Andromeda (borderline trash), April I had Persona 5 and Earthbound on my SNES emulator, May I had Prey, Injustice 2, and game of thrones, June & July idk, August I just beat Nier Automata & Order 1886 while other than KH0.2 everything else is still not completed, and now I've purchased Resident Evil Code Veronica, Dragon Age Inquisition (rebuy), FF Type-0 (rebuy), and tHe Uncharted Collection.

The other thing is that while I absolutely love Dishonored 2, Im absolutely irritated by the clockwork soldiers. I absolutely hate their inclusion. Not only that, but for reasons unknown I cant stand playing first person games on these current consoles. I get sick after playing just 2 hours of the games. It happens with other games as well, but at least I can go up to 4 hours with games that are 60fps.

The fact of the matter is I know Im probably never gonna beat this game at all, so it was somewhat of a waste of my money. However, I dont mine paying for the game as a way of funding Arkane Studios for the next Dishonored or whatever they make next. My main regret isn't buying the game, but rather when I bought the game. The crazy part is the fact that I actually finished reading the book before I finished beating the actual game.

Red Dead Redemption 2, isn’t as good as people like to say it is, the original played so much better than the sequel.

Neverwinter for Ps4. Technically it was free. I gotten it to play it with a friend of mine and sadly that friend of mine passed away. I can't bring myself to play that game again.

Since the last time I had written in this thread Dishonored: Death Of The Outsider hadn't come out yet.... so I'll add that garbage game to the list of games that I've bought and regretted.

For short-hand purposes I may refer to Death Of The Outsider as "DoTO."

Sadly, I went into the stand-alone game with some hopes of cool new powers and a cool story, both of which fell flat on their face, imo...

- Passive powers such as Vitality, Agility and others from past games are now relegated to Black Bone Charms.
- Speaking of powers, they can't be upgraded like they could in Dishonored 2, and the 3 default powers that you are given at times DO feel like they HAVE to be used for certain situations, otherwise low chaos be damned.
- Speaking of chaos, the lack of chaos in this game made the game boring for me really quick. Why should I give a shit if none of my actions even matter, and when the Dishonored series was initially built upon your actions having both good or bad consequences?
- No mana elixirs means that I couldn't chain powers together as I could in previous entries, which I guess with it lacking in the amount of power options it makes sense, but it would suck royally if this is the way that the series were to go with mana in the future. Many times I found myself in a vulnerable situations waiting for the fucking meter to replenish.
- Most of the powers in DoTO pale in comparison to Bend Time, Possession, Shadow Walk, Domino, Mesmerize, Far Reach and Doppelganger.
- Overall, there just aren't that many creative ways to tackle a problem like you could with Daud, Corvo and Emily in previous entries, and even if you did find a new way / path it didn't fell as rewarding.
- Regarding weapons, Hook Mines suck ass in comparison to Stun Mines in The Knife Of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches and in Dishonored 2.
- The crossbow / wrist-bow was replaced with a voltaic gun, and Sleep Darts were replaced with Electrical Bursts which when fired upon the enemy would cause them to yell in pain, thus negating the whole fucking point of stealth / trying not to be seen as other people on the side of the enemy will quickly come rushing and making that shit useless. Why give me a fucking non-lethal option if said non-lethal option will force me into a fight or flight situation that I was trying to avoid in the first place?
- The Bank mission was probably the best mission from this stand-alone entry, and even then, again, for 1 of the non-lethal solutions you are forced to use 1 of the 3 powers.
- Story-wise.... this entry shat on the whole character arc that was built up for Daud, and his exit from the series is.... quite frankly.... very underwhelming (imo). For such a cool character that was well voiced by Michael Madsen, this was a major disappointment.

Overall: I mainly finished getting the trophies for more of a completionist sake, but I did all of the Trophies in 1 run.
Being generous I'd give it a 3/10, but if this is the direction in which a potential Dishonored 3 will go in, then this is where I exit.

Next time when you guys want to buy a game, buy something that you really like.

Ok, and that's an easy thing to say when it's a series that you haven't gotten into, but if it's a series that you've followed for a long time, it's a bit dis-heartening when 1 of those entries ends up being terrible to you.
For me, for example, I was going into Death Of The Outsider hoping that it would be really good because up to that point the series had a really good track record for both main games and DLC expansions.

Last edited: