'No Damage Scaling' OPTION for ALL fighting games

DeBane

Seeing Injustice 2's Bane DDT an opponent from orbit, only to have it deal chip damage -- due to it being suffixed to the end of a short combo -- is soul-destroying.

Why cannot fighting games incorporate 'no damage scaling' options as standard?

Case in point: Injustice 2 -- a game that already demarcates its attribute-modifying dress-ups to a separate mode / toggle-able option, yet does not think to offer a similar option for its egregious damage nerfing. Why? Why not make its outrageous super attacks inflict the pain their on-screen actions imply?

Of course, NRS games aren't by any means the only culprits of this -- damage scaling has been commonplace since fighting games have become competitive. Even more so today, with e-sports and the like. The reason I bring it up here / in relation to Injustice 2 / NRS, is because said developer -- for all its failings -- has a proven track record for (i) innovation and (ii) trying out new things--for better or for worse. Compare: Capcom -- who ride the coats tails of their franchises and then sell them out for a handful of ca$ual beans.

I'd really like this to take off. An option does not hurt anyone. If anything, the fundamentalist interpretation of fighting game "balance" -- putatively done to ensure a level playing field, but arguably as much a ham-fisted way in which to lazy-develop a fighter -- has reached such a crescendo, that the likes of SFV are being mocked by the very players paid to play the game! What I'd like to see is the choice between playing the 100-hit ratta-tat-tat combo style of modern day fighter -or- the older school style of massive damage and powerful, visceral moves. You know, the 'war of attrition' versus the 'A-bomb' style of fighting game/s.

(Bonus DLC: Options could even be split between un-scaling combos outright and scaled combos + un-scaled super attacks -- i.e., with supers still being 'walled off' behind meters, game balance would be left somewhat intact.)

The irony of in-game actions having become so cinematic and even brutal in modern fighters, yet the damage output so impotent, would be delicious if it weren't so galling. Moreover, super attacks (specifically) have become such a novelty -- due to the the same meter gauges they're almost always tied to, being far more efficaciously used for other tools -- would, again, have a reason to exist... beyond the pre-release trailers they're largely / only showcased in, that is.

#NoDamageScalingOptionForFightingGames

Make fighting games great again, people.