Future Guest Characters?

out of the characters you listed, the only ones the majority of them would give a damn about are Baraka, Sindel and Noob. The rest don't really have fanbases outside of the internet. Hell the reception between Li Mei and Frost is even mixed between the online fanbase.

Perhaps, or perhaps not.
I know that there were also tons of requests for Fujin as DLC, going as far back as MK9 in 2011.
IIRC, when MK9 was out and people were asking boon about DLC, #1 request was Tremor closely followed by Fujin.

I do agree with you that anything more than 3 guest characters (more than 2, imo) was pushing it, though.

Since they've already started dropping in various non-MK characters (in MKX), we might as well make the best of it.

I too hope MKX is the last game where we see non-MK characters such as Leatherface.

However, if there ARE more, I'd offer up the following recommendations:

1. Plastic Man (DC Comics) --- a stretchy-dude who would fight well with Kotal Kahn I think
2. Chun-Li (Street Fighter) --- you might as well borrow from a respected combat franchise if you're going the way of Marvel vs. Capcom
3. Mad Max (George Miller films) --- an apocalyptic-road warrior who might fight well with Stryker and Johnny Cage
4. Cervantes (Soul Calibur games) --- a pirate-like sword-wizard who might work well in Outworld as a 'minion' of Kotal Kahn

Funny you mention Plastic-Man. There are several DC characters who I think would fit well with MK's atmosphere - not because of their popularity (in fact some are about as obscure as can be) but rather because of their backstory and powers. These characters include:

Zatanna
Raven
Trigon
Katana
Equinox

For the next MK games, here are some good recommendations...

1. Fei Rin (Anarchy Reigns)
2. Mai Shiranui, Mature, Shermie, and/or Shion (KOF)
3. Catwoman and/or Katana (DC)
4. Christie (Dead or Alive)
5. Nina Williams and/or Anna Williams (Tekken)
6. Rayne (Bloodrayne)
7. Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
8. Kyle Crane (Dying Light)
9. Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, and/or Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)
10. Ivy and/or Seung Mina (Soul Calibur)

The problem with having characters from franchises like DC, KOF, Soul Calibur and Tekken is that they don't want to have their characters dismembered by MK characters.
You could get away with dismembering Juliet Starling, Rayne or any one of the Resident Evil characters as they also have gore in those franchises.
Despite how much I don't care for guests, Kratos could be dismembered and could dismember other combatants in MK9 because there's tons of gore in the GOW games, and that seems to be the only prerequisite that NRS has for putting in these said guests: "Would the devs / creators / license holders of these other characters be fine with those characters being killed by MK characters?"

Kratos was protected though. Fatalities performed against him were edited to minimize suffering and/or humiliation.

Last edited:
Kratos was protected though. Fatalities performed against him were edited to minimize suffering and/or humiliation.

Which I thought was really ridiculous too (apart from the fact that he was on the main roster for PS3, my bigger gripe).
It defeats the purpose of having him in to begin with, IMO.
At least when guests get killed in MKX they suffer the same as the MK characters.

Currently playing TTT2 and she's fun to play as.

I can imagine Jun turn into Unknown for a fatality that's involves a big black slimy spike vertically impaling the victim. ;)