Tanya's KombatKast Stream June 1st!

Scorpion used it, in addition to his own Toasty Fatality, against Bi-Han in the canon story.

No he did not.
We did not see him performing that in MK1 or in MK9.
In MK9 Scorpion appears holding the skull and spinal cord, but the actual Spine Rip fatality is not shown being done on Sub-Zero in MK9.
He likely extracted the spine and skull after Bi-Han burned to death via the Toasty Fatality.
The Spine Rip is property of Sub-Zero as the he the originator of that move in MK games, not Scorpion.

No he did not.
We did not see him performing that in MK1 or in MK9.
In MK9 Scorpion appears holding the skull and spinal cord, but the actual Spine Rip fatality is not shown being done on Sub-Zero in MK9.
He likely extracted the spine and skull after Bi-Han burned to death via the Toasty Fatality.
The Spine Rip is property of Sub-Zero as the he the originator of that move in MK games, not Scorpion.

Raiden's flashback clearly shows Scorpion using that Fatality on Bi-Han.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Raiden's flashback clearly shows Scorpion using that Fatality on Bi-Han.

His flashback was likely from Deception, where Scorpion had it.
Onaga was also in those flashbacks.
The timeline skewed when the amulet cracked.
It means nothing, as those flashbacks were from the old timeline.

Sub-Zero, namely Bi-Han, was the originator of that move in Mortal Kombat 1.
Scorpion stealing it afterwards in Deception is another story.

Notice how Sub-Zero's Klassic DLC Fatality in MK9 is the Spine Rip?
That's because that's HIS Fatality, NOT Scorpion's.

No it isn't. His hands turn back to normal for fatalities like Kitana's where she slices your fingers off.

So you're saying it is intentional? Do you have an official source confirming this statement?

If it isn't a glitch, it's an odd decision from NRS' side. If the skeleton hands don't work through and through, then they should have done something else. If they don't work with some Fatalities or whatever, they should fix it or drop it alltogether and come up with something other to indicate his variation.

So you're saying it is intentional? Do you have an official source confirming this statement?

I do

11406815_698147156980675_676778090534866432_n.jpg

There is a special effect that appears when his hands return to normal. This effect on his hands shows up at no other time in this variation, NRS put it in place as a transition.

I do

11406815_698147156980675_676778090534866432_n.jpg

There is a special effect that appears when his hands return to normal. This effect on his hands shows up at no other time in this variation, NRS put it in place as a transition.

Ah, there you go. Thanks. ^^
But if that's the case, it is still awfully silly. Just gives me another reason not to like those skeletal hands.