Favorite/Least MKX endings

The only endings that made some sense to me belonged Scorpion, Raiden, Shinnok, Kano and Kotal.

The others were just pure BS: Dreams x2; clones; conveniently finding ice dragons nobody heard about before; conveniently finding a book in some rubble that gives you secrets to Edenian long life; conveniently finding your forgotten race underground in some random city on a different planet; roaming around in hell and beating demons up yet never playing a major role in the story but still having a spot on the roster without a coherent explanation x2; crystal skull; getting screwed over; getting shot; dying, dying and dying. The list goes on.

Ferra's and Quan's were simply meh.

Just by the ending you can tell that a lot of characters were added for the sake of being there.

Is there a way to see who you have completed the arcade tower with?

I've done a few, just wondering if there is a list somewhere so I can tell who else I need to finish with :)

Just by the ending you can tell that a lot of characters were added for the sake of being there.

I don't think your theory holds up at all. Sonya and Cassie are key players in MKX, but their endings aren't even about them. There are plenty of less important characters with better endings than theirs. It seems to be a complete crapshoot.

Is there a way to see who you have completed the arcade tower with?
Yes, go to Kollection and choose the Kharacter viewer. Scroll down; if you can press Y to view a character's ending then it means you've beat arcade mode with them.

There may be a better way, but that's the only one I know of. I've only done it with Goro and Jax so far anyway, so it's easy to keep track. :p

Yes, go to Kollection and choose the Kharacter viewer. Scroll down; if you can press Y to view a character's ending then it means you've beat arcade mode with them.

There may be a better way, but that's the only one I know of. I've only done it with Goro and Jax so far anyway, so it's easy to keep track. :p

Cheers mate!

For some reason I thought I'd completed it with Liu Kang (who I've played most with on MKX) but then I realised that I hadn't seen his ending. Using him a lot made me think I had though!

Jax ending was a load of poop I thought, very flat

Okay, just finished them all. My thoughts kind of remain the same.

I still love Ferra/Torr simply because it gives a cool insight into the new species. I also liked Devorah hatching larvra from Shinnok a lot!

Sonya's remains my favorite. Kano killing Jax after Sonya requests him to kill Cassie. (the waking up to a dream that actually happened, was kind of unnecessary) . The odd thing about this ending is I really feel it should have been better as Kano's ending.

Instead Kano gets the, by a very far margin, the worst ending in the game. Please Netherrealm team, do not add Kano's son to MK11. There is no need for more uninspiring kid "photocopy" characters. If its time for Kano to go, just introduce a new Black Dragon member..not a son or son/new Black Dragon leader cop out. Along with the Red Dragon, who'se ranks are so thin, both are almost completely unrepresented in the form of playable characters.

I know that Sub-Zero's ending is really weird, but I love the art in his endings

latest

latest

Although I find it weird that he has normal eyes in these pictures rather that pure white.

I don't think your theory holds up at all. Sonya and Cassie are key players in MKX, but their endings aren't even about them. There are plenty of less important characters with better endings than theirs. It seems to be a complete crapshoot.

Well, lets see. I add a character and don't even bother to explain why he is there. I then make a nonsensical ending. Bonus points if it's a "returning character" who got killed in a previous game.
Seems like my theory holds up pretty well...

Well, lets see. I add a character and don't even bother to explain why he is there. I then make a nonsensical ending. Bonus points if it's a "returning character" who got killed in a previous game.
Seems like my theory holds up pretty well...

For your theory that "important characters get the best endings" to hold up, it has to be consistently true among all characters... there should be no important characters with shitty endings, and no non-important characters with good endings. I challenge your theory on the basis that Sonya and Jacqui's endings blow chunks, while Kenshi and Kung Lao have fine endings despite having no chapters in storymode.

Do you even logic bro? :-D

I didn't claim that at all. Go back to post #21. Especially the last sentence.

I'm saying that judging by the ending, you can't tell anything useful, because judging by the ending, you would guess that Cassie, Sonya, Johnny, and Sub-Zero have shit all to do with anything in MKX's plot. Except they're all important characters. And Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kitana's endings make them seem important and connected to other characters, except in the actual story, they're not.

The endings have no predictive power. It is simply a coincidence that there are some characters who do nothing in the plot AND have shitty endings (Ermac), and some characters are useful in the plot AND have interesting endings (Kotal).

I know they don't have a predictive power. I said they were nonsensical and bullshit. Not all, but a lot. Therefore it does seem like "a lot" of characters were added just for the sake of being there. Especially those who died before, only to reappear again because...No reason. Other than popularity.
Yeah, my "theory" is still holding up.

i've actually found the writing to be some of the worst this time round. Story Mode was a mess. Only a few character endings have been satisfying but most of the time they feel very flat. Just when it sounds like it's getting interesting they end it, and you're left going "That was it?" That doesn't sound resolved at all.
Like Takeda's that absolutely sucked. That's probably my least favourite. Though finishing with Kenshi kind of cleared up that story lol.
Favourite probably had to be Sonya's. Though it was also laughable.
Spoiler:
Kano making Sonya choose? You're a villain, just kill them both, hell you could even kill Sonya while she cries.
Jax also cracked me up.