Official April 2nd Kombat Kast Thread

What was up with Derick saying 'We'll show show you what non PS Plus and Gold users can do online'? I hope that most online features will still be accessible to general Playstation users. If not, that's a major letdown.
Then theyre would be no poiny in having playstation plus if non users could play online. The faction stuff is available to everyone. So are the skins but to play online you have to have ps plus and Xbox live gold

What was up with Derick saying 'We'll show show you what non PS Plus and Gold users can do online'? I hope that most online features will still be accessible to general Playstation users. If not, that's a major letdown.

in order to play multiplayer with others, you must have ps plus. He most likely meant stuff like how people can contribute to factions.

I believe the main reason they decided to reveal the entire roster before release this time is to get ahead of any legitimate leaks that are bound to happen as the game is sold early in some locations.

I'm 100% fine with it too.
Now that I know the whole roster I know who all the new and old characters are, as well as who those characters are that I may be most interested in picking up on Day 1.

Side note:
I know the whole roster, yet none of the story has been spoiled to me, which some people said would be a give-away with the entire roster being known.
Not so.
A lot can happen in the 25-year span of the story, so it's still anyone's guess as to what may go on in story mode.

I'm 100% fine with it too.
Now that I know the whole roster I know who all the new and old characters are, as well as who those characters are that I may be most interested in picking up on Day 1.

11 days before launch and we FINALLY have the whole roster. Took em' long enough.

11 days before launch and we FINALLY have the whole roster. Took em' long enough.

Agreed, but in all fairness, the MK9 roster was leaked to us, by external non-NRS sources.
I agree with [MENTION=18253]Lord Greyjoy[/MENTION] in that I think that NRS was trying to prevent roster leaks coming from somewhere else.
It's the same reason why I don't think we have a demo.
Can't leak roster and story stuff if there is NO demo source code to leak it from.

Mileena's roll brutality is awesome! Glad I got to see the full roster screen. I thought they were gonna announce when the mobile version was going to be released. Sky Temple is so ridiculous! Makes you wish they would have done more stages with the elements. Like a snow blizzard and such.

Anyone else thinking the mobile game isn't going to drop until after the game releases?

It wouldn't make sense for the faction stuff to be available to us early and the disk asking us what faction we want to join when we first start it.

Agreed, but in all fairness, the MK9 roster was leaked to us, by external non-NRS sources.
I agree with [MENTION=18253]Lord Greyjoy[/MENTION] in that I think that NRS was trying to prevent roster leaks coming from somewhere else.
It's the same reason why I don't think we have a demo.
Can't leak roster and story stuff if there is NO demo source code to leak it from.

Are they so incompetent that they can't code a separate demo? Its not hard to just delete stuff. Its easier than putting it in. Heck, or just copy-pasting the stuff you want for the demo.

Are they so incompetent that they can't code a separate demo? Its not hard to just delete stuff. Its easier than putting it in. Heck, or just copy-pasting the stuff you want for the demo.

I don't know how easy or hard it is for them to do that, but I can surely understand them preferring to take the "better to be safe than sorry" route, and I can't really fault them for that.
There's still a chance that there is an -ality that we still don't know about, the "rumored" Stage Brutalities and the rumored "unlockable" character(s) which I'm sure they don't want being leaked before the game comes out.

Either way, demo or no demo, I don't mind.
We have less than 2 weeks (11 days) until MKX comes out, and I'm more hyped for this game than I ever was for MK9.

i hope out of the people who get early copies of the game someone manages to leak who all the unlockables are
im still on the fence about buying the game since theres only one character i like out of the full roster they showed.
it wouldnt be so bad if there were a few maybes in there, a few characters that appear half decent and peak a little interest to try out, but unfortunately theres not even that i literally have zero interest in every character on the roster except for one(mileena) and its sucks to feel this way about a new /mk game but i cant help the way i feel about it just being honest
if baraka gets announced/leaked at least id have 2 to play with
so ill be holding off buying the game till i know more

I'm not feeling Sonya at all in this game, all of her variations are boring IMO. Kenshi looks like a badass with the beard, and I only like his Balanced variation and it seems like they kinda just copied paste some of his stuff from MK9 into X, I'm not nitpicking or complaining but something I noticed.

Also, I can't bare to watch Derrick's Mileena on stream. He just mashes EX roll 24/7 and it looks hella unsafe, and I honestly think he can cancel that Low starting string into the roll or EX roll for a High/low mix up. I can't take it anymore, waiting is bullshit :cry: