Story Mode has Quick Time Events.

I dont think its going to be like Injustice! I think its going to be like TWD, lets say Scorpion & Kenshi both need your help, which one will you team up with? Choose Scorpion & ????? Dies Choose Kenshi & Bad guy will return for a difficult battle with you in low health, & ????? Will die, but if you win ????? & ????? Will be Unlocked (saved)

You guys get what i mean?

Yes, exactly, kinda like what I'd like to see.

I dont think its going to be like Injustice! I think its going to be like TWD, lets say Scorpion & Kenshi both need your help, which one will you team up with? Choose Scorpion & ????? Dies Choose Kenshi & Bad guy will return for a difficult battle with you in low health, & ????? Will die, but if you win ????? & ????? Will be Unlocked (saved)

You guys get what i mean?

Err. That's what I wouldn't want! Just having that speculation on what story is canon would bug me, but then again would add a lot more forum talk.

I wouldn't mind if the QTE were like they are in that game tho. For example, in the first scene when Leo is handcuffed and has to grab the shotgun and the key or what not. Or if you've played GOT telltale, like the first action scene from there.

I personally don't mind QTE's. It can be fun now and then. And I kinda like if you can go down different paths in Story Mode and unlock different outcomes. It gives the Story Mode some replay value, trying to unlock each path and such, to see what happens if you do things differently.

What I don't like is if the QTE's and the different paths are unlocked per chance. Like, if you do good on a QTE, you unlock one thing, but if you suck at it, you unlock another. That would suck, imo. My reactive reflexes aren't all that great (one if the reasons I suck at playing online), so if I need to hit a button perfectly 10 times in a row to unlock a certain path, I'd have to make several attempts before I might get it.

So hopefully, it won't come to that.

Unless you can unlock something on QTE, but if you don't, you could find on the Krypt.

Did anyone consider that maybe the QTE is for something that has the same outcome, either way?
For example: Brutalities in story mode vs Fatalities.

Either way, the end result would be death. ;)

Did anyone consider that maybe the QTE is for something that has the same outcome, either way?
For example: Brutalities in story mode vs Fatalities.

Either way, the end result would be death. ;)

Being something canon and leaving no doubt, they can even make a Kombat Dance as QTE :laugh:

Wouldn't whether or not Scorpion beheads Kenshi effect the outcome of the story? o_O???

Yes, but I don't think choosing to murder someone will be dependent on how fast you can hit the "x" button. Instead maybe after the match you are asked whether you would like to finish Kenshi, just as an example. You can sit there and think about it for a minute if you choose. Yes either way, if Kenshi dies, it affects the story. In essence the only difference between quick time events and choose your destiny/multiple endings events is a matter of timing.

Basically, I don't think this Urbano character is telling us at any time during story mode will an "x" button flash in front of our eyes, if you hit "x" fast enough you behead Kenshi, if you're too slow he lives, if you accidentally hit "y" you cut your own head off.

I think it's a bit too early to cast judgement on the QTE's. We need to see them in action first. At least that way we can be sure about how they work.
Maybe the next Kombat Kast will shed some light on the matter since it's apparently going to be about story related things.

I doubt its going to be anything other than changing your current story scene slightly. The ending will be the same. I'm sure of it.

Yeah I think one of the issues is, if canon branches out into too many different directions. I myself would dislike that since we won't have any idea which events actually happened and which didn't, that is until the next MK game, which would be around 4-5 years later and I doubt most would be patient enough to wait that long.

I'm sure the QTE won't drastically change up the story.

Probably just different scenarios that pretty much make up the same story.

Example: Maybe you're being chased by the black dragon, and you need to quickly pick a path. One path leads to an easy fight with Kano. The second path leads to a harder fight, where you fight all the playable BD members with one health bar. Then maybe they can hide a secret path with some kind of secret fight. Something you need to replay in order to find.

Same story, different scenarios.

I'm sure the QTE won't drastically change up the story.

Probably just different scenarios that pretty much make up the same story.

Example: Maybe you're being chased by the black dragon, and you need to quickly pick a path. One path leads to an easy fight with Kano. The second path leads to a harder fight, where you fight all the playable BD members with one health bar. Then maybe they can hide a secret path with some kind of secret fight. Something you need to replay in order to find.

Same story, different scenarios.

I would actually be up for that. Seems like a decent enough way to integrate it