What do you think of the NEW characters?

I know we saw Takeda in a yellow alt costume like scorpions, but I'm not sold that's his alt. #1 it's just too close to scorpions, and #2 he was very young in that scene. I think that was a flashback and his alt costume will reflect more of who he is now...

I know we saw Takeda in a yellow alt costume like scorpions, but I'm not sold that's his alt. #1 it's just too close to scorpions, and #2 he was very young in that scene. I think that was a flashback and his alt costume will reflect more of who he is now...

If it wasn't an alt, I don't think they'd bother putting his whip set-up on it. Too many details on it. And I don't think he looked too young, he was older than he is in the comic right now.

You do know there's a variation or two where you don't have to stare at his mug, right?
vtmuftC.png
I like him a lot better with the mask, that's for sure. His legs, however, still look too skinny to me compared to his torso. Again, this is just nitpicking and has nothing to do with how good the character will end up being in X.

His legs don't look too bad there to me at all--not anymore than his arms, anyway. There was really only that one shot in the trailer where they looked kind of wonky, they looked fine in other shots IMO.

Kotal Kahn - Love him. IMO he fits MK like a glove. Also loving that he's more neutral then evil. I get a little sick of Outworlder's always being evil, just because they're in Outworld.

D'vorah - Love her. When I picture new characters, I picture characters like this. I love the non-human characters who are part of their own race (Reptile, Baraka, Goro). I just hope D'vorah isn't the last of her kind. IMO Reptile should be the only one who's the last of his people.

Ferr/Torr - Love them! Seriously, these are hands down my favorite of the new characters so far. I'v always liked the bigger hulk like characters. One thing I never liked about them though was the "big dumb attitude". But with Ferra, I feel like I can put that worry to rest. It won't matter how stupid Torr is, because Ferra is the personality of the character. And so far, I love her.

Erron Black - Love him. I have a feeling this will be one of the most popular of the new characters, next to Kotal. He seems like a pretty badass dude, and I love the name. I don't really care for the guns though. Hopefully they're implemented in a way that makes sense in Mortal Kombat.

Cassie Cage - She's probably my least favorite. I still really like her, but she doesn't interest me all that much. I like her personality, and her Johnny like attitude. I just don't care for her moveset. Or her face. That face looks goofy to me.

Takeda - I don't really have much to say about this character. He's definitely a good character, I just don't see anything about him that sticks out to me. I guess his whip like weapons are pretty cool.

Kung Jin - Love him. He fits into Mortal Kombat very nicely. And that bow looks like it's the bee's knee's in kombat. I just almost wish he wasn't related to Kung Lao. It feels very forced IMO. I know it's a nitpick, but I just wish he was his own character. Making him Kung Lao's cousin feels like an afterthought.

Jacqui Briggs - Love her. I don't understand why her affiliation with Jax gets her so much hate. I haven't heard her talk jive, she doesn't have bogus metal arms, and she clearly has a bigger role in the story then Jax has ever had. And that face! I don't even see a hint of man face. She looks very feminine. One little nitpick is the arm guns/flamethrowers. Hopefully she has some supernatural powers of some kind. Otherwise she's walking into Stryker territory.

I like him a lot better with the mask, that's for sure. His legs, however, still look too skinny to me compared to his torso. Again, this is just nitpicking and has nothing to do with how good the character will end up being in X.
Fair enough, but I thought you made the thread about MKX being awesome for having characters with different proportions? If anything, you should be celebrating Takeda's lanky ass build. His upper body only looks bigger than his lower body because of the armor.

My only disappointment with Jacqui is that I was expecting a more tomboy-ish girl. She's very pretty and feminine from that trailer. Nothing to worry about since her x-ray looks very agressive and cool.

Takeda does look bulky in that armor, but i have the feeling he can conjur blades/weapons out of telepathy which would be dope
Jacqui looks like she has a flame thrower/ machine gun/rocket launcher mechanic on her arms...idk which it is but all those would be nice choices

Cassie is a boss and Kung jin hopefully plays like green arrow cuz green arrow was a savage in injustice

Kotal completely won me over. He's such a complex character in the comics and one most people can relate to considering his intentions. Cassie and her witty remarks makes me laugh. I don't mind her playstyle but her personality is certainly selling her character. D'vorah looks amazingly unique. Those three I think are the best out of them all but everyone looks good it's a welcoming change for MK.