Dragon's Dogma Online revealed

BBBLP

Robot Rock
http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/27/7922575/dragons-dogma-online-ps3-ps4-pc-capcom

Capcom is bringing Dragon's Dogma Online to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC as a free-to-play online action game, according to a report from the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine.

According to a translation of Famitsu's report by Gematsu, Dragon's Dogma Online will play like other Dragon's Dogma games, but in an online environment. Players can group up in parties of four — including AI-controlled pawns — for open-world adventures and battles against giant enemies. Groups can be formed in town-based lobbies that can hold up to 100 players, and Capcom will provide a "quick-matching" feature to easily form groups.

Dragon's Dogma Online will reportedly be supported by item-based microtransactions. Capcom previously experimented with free-to-play mechanics in another game in the series, Dragon's Dogma Quest for iOS and PlayStation Vita.

The follow-up to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will reportedly feature a new storyline, characters and setting.

Dragon's Dogma Online is being directed by Kent Kinoshita, a producer on the original Dragon's Dogma and executive produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, lead game designer on original Dragon's Dogma. Minae Matsukawa, a producer on Capcom's Ace Attorney series, will serve as producer. The game has a 2015 release date.

I don't care if it's F2P. If it's half as good as the first game I've no problem shelling out mad cash for it. I easily poured 160+ hours into Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Sounds like a ton of phun. I loved Dark Arisen from the time I played it.

Now they just need to get us details about that Deep Down game they keep teasing.

Still could never beat that reaper in dark arisen but this game is so good. too much happening this year already

Saw that on SRK. But then somebody posted a link that showed Capcom had registered the name "Dragon's Dogma Online" for Japan, USA and Europe.

So either they're trying to c:cktease us or they've changed their minds and decided that our filthy western hands are not zen enough to touch this masterpiece.

Damn these filthy western hands. I'd gladly give up my social life to Dragon's Dogma online. Climbing all over monsters and stuff.

If they do decide to let us have it, it would be nifty for them to make it cross platform.

Honestly, I was under the impression that Dragon's Dogma was made to appease to a western audience in an age where JRPGs are being pushed back to a niche audience.

I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma but given the focus on online play and the F2P business model, I'll pass on this iteration. The original game was strong when it came to combat. Unfortunately, it was also severely lacking in character interaction/story, the world felt dead for its size and scale, and consequences for your choices didn't seem to matter. I would prefer a sequel that would address these issues.

Last edited: