Kung Lao Revealed!

Ever played Karate Champ? That had no story, and that's widely regarded as the very first fighting game. The point of people fighting is to have the most health at the end of the fight. Gameplay should ALWAYS come first in totality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I thought chess was the 1st fighting game?

Turn-based strategy games like Fire Emblem or X-COM are closer to chess than any fighting game. Karate Champ is one of those games that didn't age that well.

this may seem like a small insignificant thing... but i hope those fast punches he does you need to hit the buttons fast to do it. rather than just imputing a command and watching it happen afterwards.

Hm I've been thinking guys...

If Kung Lao and Kitana end up being the only two playable "dead" characters on the main roster, and this is before the main boss is announced, then something we all think might happen, IMO, get closer to fruition.

That of course, is Liu Kang being the main boss.

I mean think about it, besides Raiden, those are the two most important people to him. That fact alone makes me think that if the entire roster is revealed before the boss, and those two are the only returning dead characters, then I'm 99% sure the boss is Liu Kang.

If Kung Lao and Kitana end up being the only two playable "dead" characters on the main roster, and this is before the main boss is announced, then something we all think might happen, IMO, get closer to fruition.

I mean think about it, besides Raiden, those are the two most important people to him. That fact alone makes me think that if the entire roster is revealed before the boss, and those two are the only returning dead characters, then I'm 99% sure the boss is Liu Kang.
Shang Tsung and Bo' Rai Cho are also very important to Liu's story. If I see them, I'll start believing your theory.

Wow. Good eyes. Actually, if you remember, there has been a lot of talk about this theory back in 2012 when people speculated that Liu Kang would be returning as an evil god-type character/sub-boss/boss character prior to his ending.
I'm ridin' with you on this theory.

Shang Tsung and Bo' Rai Cho are also very important to Liu's story. If I see them, I'll start believing your theory.
You're right regarding Bo Rai Cho, however I don't think Shang Tsung is as significant to Liu Kang, when compared to Liu Kang's significance to Shang Tsung.

I mean I think in Liu Kang's eyes, Shang Tsung was just an enemy to defeat in order to save Earthrealm. He had no personal quarrel with him until he killed him in the original timeline.

is anyone else dissapointed that kung laos move with the fast punches is just his throw?

its still an awesome looking move but being a throw means your not controlling the punches so i find that makes it less engaging.
i was really hoping to do this move you had to hit the buttons fast, i really like that kind of thing in a fighting game it just makes it more engaging and satisfying knowing you as the player are doing those hits rather than just hitting one button then watching the punches happen afterwards

oh well...