Crossplatform multiplayer

ZaxxerDog

Hey everyone!

So Street Fighter V got announced and it's going to have crossplatform multiplayer between the PS4 and the PC which means that PS4 and PC gamers will be able to fight against each other. I think crossplatform for MKX would be amazing as it's coming out on pretty much every console in existence and PC so crossplatform play could lead to establishing the biggest connected online fighting game community ever. Even thinking about it is awesome so Netherrealm shoud really look into making this possible.

Do you guys agree?

It would be awesome... if Microsoft would agree to it.
Microsoft doesn't care about cross-platform play, which would mean that if MKX got it, the game wouldn't get released to Xbox One.

So yes, it would be awesome... but as an Xbone owner, I'd rather not.

It would be awesome... if Microsoft would agree to it.
Microsoft doesn't care about cross-platform play, which would mean that if MKX got it, the game wouldn't get released to Xbox One.

So yes, it would be awesome... but as an Xbone owner, I'd rather not.

I see your point but it looks like that's not the reason why SF5 won't be on Xbox, it has to do more with Sony pouring a lot of money into the game. Also MS looks to be interested in crossplatform because right now they are asking PC gamers if they were interested in a PC port of Killer Instinct with crossplatform play. The demand is already huge and the polls will be up until January 9 so chances are next year Killer Instinct is coming to PC with crossplatform multiplayer.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/microsoft-gathering-community-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/

Its obvious Microsoft does not want cross platform play. So I'd rather have them all come out for their own systems.

PC players of MK9 were not able to play against each other, and you expect MKX to have cross-platform MP??

I've been playing GGXrd for 2 weeks almost on PS4 I play Multiplayer against PS3 users, and its absolutely perfect, its almost as if im playing single player 0% lagg, though MK is a different kind of game and its not made with cross platform in mind.

Seen NRS is probably trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the ps4 & Xbone the ps4 version will probably run best, and xb1 users will have a disadvantage if their game experiences frame drops or what ever seen its less powerful than xb1.

MS doesn't want Crossplay with games which are on playstation systems. This is why KI Crossplay might happen.

MS doesn't want Crossplay with games which are on playstation systems. This is why KI Crossplay might happen.

Yeah I remember reading an article somewhere about that, lol M$ on camera are all nice and fluffy, though off camera they'r straight up A holes.