Pokken announced! (Pokemon fighting game)

I could see Alakazam working, but the rest of the list is pretty suspect.

[MENTION=6910]Bruzzrad[/MENTION] I think the confirmation of multi typing is great. Makes the roster more unpredictable.

Hoping Big Daddy makes the cut too

Pokemon-Mega-Swampert.jpg

So the creator wants more humanoid Pokemon huh?

Well, I do see Kadabra, Alakazam, and Mewtwo joining in.

If Pikachu can join, so can Mew and Celebi. Mew and Celebi can fly and do punches and kicks while in the air.

Harada said not to worry if you think the game will only have humanoids in.
Which means we'll likely see some quadrupeds. Maybe even some really crazy ones like Muk or Arbok

Why don't you read any of the articles?

Harada also said that no Tekken characters will be making appearances.

I don't understand why these anime show fighting games always have to use that goofy third person perspective. It makes the gameplay look gimmicky.

Another thing, that long haired chick in the pink sweater was a hottie. She can catch my pokeba----ugh, nevermind.

I don't understand why these anime show fighting games always have to use that goofy third person perspective. It makes the gameplay look gimmicky.

Another thing, that long haired chick in the pink sweater was a hottie. She can catch my pokeba----ugh, nevermind.

Do you even know what a 3rd-person perspective is? All fighting games use it, including MK.

He's probably talking about the 'camera behind the back' effect. I think it's great in single player or online, but split screen makes it a little goofy lol

Like the DBZ games

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-20050815101343294.jpg

I think split screen is should be an option for local play when online play isn't an option. I don't think's goofy, but it can be somewhat inconvenient when you have to sacrifice screen space to accommodate other players.

The camera-behind-the-back helps in seeing the direction of projectiles and opponents moving sideways. That being said, it might have been better to have the camera above the characters (like Destrega) to eliminate the need for split screen and have a wider field of vision.

What bothers me though are the occasional pauses, which disrupt the pace of the game.

Last edited: