Dishonored: All Things Dishonored related

A little over a month until Death Of The Outsider comes out (September 15th), but I just saw this video interviewing Harvey Smith with a bit more info on it and though I'd post it for anyone interested.

I also updated the OP on the 1st page. ;)

I don't really think it has anything that's a spoiler, just some new footage of the new standalone title.....

Be forewarned, this MAY contain spoilers if you haven't finished Dishonored 2 yet.

New gameplay trailer for Death Of The Outsider........

I am very ambivalent about this DLC.
Daud and Billie both look really cool and Billie's powers look awesome. Can't wait to try them out.
However... The Outsider is my favourite character in the franchise! I don't want to kill him. D:

I so hope they fail or learn it's not the way to go.
Also, to be fair, the Outsider only gives you his powers. He doesn't cause the chaos. He provides the tool and you do with it what you like. That you choose to use them for evil and create chaos, that's not the Outsider's fault! Daud is just a bitter man because he can't admit his own sins.

As for the game, there's always low chaos options, but as for cannon I can understand not wanting to kill him.
A popular fan theory that's going around is Daud being killed off and becoming the Outsider, which I wouldn't want to see (personally) as Daud is my favorite character and I'd hate to see him become the thing that he hates the most.
So, I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

As for the Outsider and giving powers, that's true, but I think Daud sees a pattern, maybe not blaming the Outsider for everything as it seems from the trailer, but The Outsider has certainly spawned his own chaos intentional or not.
I don't think that Daud is blaming The Outsider for the crimes that HE has committed, rather I think he sees a problem and wants to stop it.
The Outsider, even with the best intentions, interfering caused problems for everything else.
My guess is that it's probably directly linked to the Eyeless gang / cult and that they are not just Outsider groupies.
They seem to study the Void and may use the Outsider for their own plans.
Maybe the threat of a second Great Burning is enough for Daud to decide to kill the Outsider before that happens.

Last edited:
Yo commander, any tips for dealing with these cloakwork soldiers because they're annoying the heck outta me, lol.

Yo commander, any tips for dealing with these cloakwork soldiers because they're annoying the heck outta me, lol.

In DoTO, or in general?
In DoTO I believe that there's only 2 in the bank mission.

As a general rule of thumb, I like to (1) avoid them, (2) shoot the heads off of them with crossbow bolts or (3) rewire them.
The latter 2 options, if you're not doing clean hands is fun to do, as they'll attack anyone that's making noise, since they can't see once the camera is shot off. lol

In DoTO, if you're trying to do the bank mission without getting caught / waking people up, the best option is to jump on them from above and use the sword to take the head unit off.
Hope that helps.

There is also a Blade Conversion blueprint upgrade in mission 8 that allows you up upgrade it so that it's easier to fight them (if you prefer to go against them).

The blueprint can be found in The Duke's office (in the cabinet between the 2 bookshelves), and the upgrade is called "Monkey Wrench" (I believe).

It's useful for mission 9 and for NG+, to have from the beginning.