Official NHL Thread

Red Wings....I am fcking dying right now....we tied it up in the third, going in to OT.

I HATE OT

Edit: WE WON, OH MY GOD, SERIES IS TIED 2-2, heading back to Anaheim.

Holy shit, I didn't think we would even make the playoffs this year, let alone tie the fcking series.

Last edited:
Boston is the next opponent for the Pens, and to paraphrase the great philosopher Booker T, "Bruins, we comin' fo you *n-word* "

I think Boston is gonna win the cup this year.

I had my hopes up for the Wings but they just can't be trusted. The refs were absolute garbage tonight, horrible call on a penalty shot, biased as hell, but, the Wings should have tried harder to win.

In the end, Chicago should be embarrassed as hell that they didn't out the Wings in 4 straight.

IunjyrC.png

Matwt9v.jpg

'twas a disappointing ending to the 2013 season. Would have liked it to go to game 7, that would have been AWESOME.

Kinda funny, though, how Boston lost in the same fashion that the Leafs lost. Karma, man.....

I don't like, or hate, either team, just hoped for a Boston win, partially for their cheap dirty plays against Detroit, and partially for my cousin who passed away last year.

Oh well, Red Wings in 2014, lol.

Last edited:
The Kings and Habs are my favorite teams, I'm from Montreal, so I'm kind of forced to support them, I never liked their choice of favoring speed over size tho, I thought the Briere's signing was a bad one, we did not need another midget on the team.

As for the Kings, I like how that team is build, they're big, they're dirty and they're good.

wow, reading my last few posts makes me sad :( I was so happy when the Wings won.....and then the dreaded elimination.

Oh well, set for this season, can't wait to win the cup next year <3

omg omg tomorrow night, DETROIT RED WINGS SEASON/HOME OPENER. I am soooo excited, Detroit is my #1 sports team, I love them to death <3

Detroit lost, Leafs winning by two in the third, I am gonna get heckled hard tomorrow :(

I literally almost had a heart attack.

My Red Wings are now only 3 points out of the playoffs with enough time to get in, assuming we can win and Toronto loses. Our schedule is friggin tough, though, and practically our entire team is out with injuries....all I want to do is make the playoffs. I can't believe we even won today against the Pens, who are flying high....I love my team, but, damn, it's pretty embarrassing to be a top team and get beaten by them, so rigged with injuries.

We also beat the Leafs the other day so I was the only happy person at work :)

Go Red Wings, keep the playoff streak alive for me <3

The Penguins!

When I think of the NHL legend Mario Lemieux, I think of his charitable Hodgkin's Disease Foundation, the greatness of the Pittsburgh Penguins (and how they IMO dismantled the 'tyranny' of Wayne Gretzky's LA Kings), and, of course, NHL 14 (EA Sports) and how video-games re-recreate 'sports staging.'

====

LEMIEUX: The Penguins are great, and Pittsburgh is great!
GRETZKY: I brought greatness to LA which would not be known for ice-hockey!
LEMIEUX: That's true, but the Penguins are closer rivals to teams such as the Bruins and Canadiens.
GRETZKY: Video-games are great windows into the hyping of 'pure skill.'
LEMIEUX: Youngsters like using famous athletes as 'avatars' in simulation experiences.
GRETZKY: Video-games and MTV cause hypnosis and attention problems...
LEMIEUX: Yes, but with proper supervision, they can be used to 'cheer' media/sports.
GRETZKY: What's the difference then between a Gretzky video-game and Barbie dolls?
LEMIEUX: It's all about the spotlight on activities that unite both kids and adults.
GRETZKY: Free-agency and steroids have killed televised sports.
LEMIEUX: I believe video-games (e.g., NHL 14) can bring back pedestrian interest in popular sports!
GRETZKY: Well, Gatorade is of course connected to the Florida Gators...
LEMIEUX: Sidney Crosby is making the Penguins great again (and is featured on the cover of a video-game!).
GRETZKY: I prefer Xbox to Playstation...

====

mario-lemieux.jpg

The Penguins are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals, and boy am I giddy!

Maybe Sidney Crosby will achieve what no other athlete in no other field of sports has been able to achieve --- overshadowing the monstrous LeBron James (NBA).

penguin.jpg

2-2!

Well, the Penguins and the Predators are all tied-up 2-2 after the Predators came storming back with 5-1 and 4-1 victories in Games 3 and 4 at Nashville (Tennessee).

Game 5 is Thursday 6/8 in Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania).

I still have high hopes Crosby will come through to carry the Penguins to a 3rd Stanley Cup trophy under his leadership.

This will provide some nice buffer chatter for the tedious NBA Finals between the monstrous Warriors and monstrous Cavaliers, which so far has gone completely the Warriors' way. I'm just weary reading about Warriors and LeBron...

So here's to ya Pittsburgh...

Sidney_Crosby_1_2017-05-25_%28Edited%29.jpg

Red Wings are 2-0, woooooo

So early in the season, but, if we end up having a season like last year, better celebrate while I still can.