Kabal Thread - "Let's See What You're Made Of!"

Mileena has no bad matchups according to m2dave, REO, Tom and pretty much every tourney player. She is better than Kabal supposedly

Meh. I really could careless about match up charts because they change who knows baraka could be S tier material. Remember back when everyone thought smoke was the best character in the game? Then what like 3 months later kung lao and cyrax were common to see in tourneys.

mileen's not better than kabal shes just easyer 2 use!! i use kabal and i have 2 work harder 2 win my matches becuase hes a high tier character and even tho i struggle against the easy noob characters dats ok coz im learning a great deal more than they are!! fighting higher tier matches improves my fighting intelligance!! and they r far more stimululating, its much harder to fight ur way out of trouble than 2 zone ur way out of it.

I was playing with Kabal in the lab a couple of days ago. His Nomad Dash Cancel isn't hard to do, but the tricky part is doing it, over and over, and applying pressure halfway through.

Kabal is miles harder to use (effectively) than Mileena, but I think he is better than Mileena. People can argue, but I personally think she is very easy to use and for what she can do, makes her very powerful.

Mileena isn't hard to use at all. In fact, she's borderline OP. Her D4 is way too good, teleport is too safe, punishing the ball roll is different from normal punishes, combos are really simple to do. I think Kabal is a nearly perfect character design.

Mileena isn't hard to use at all. In fact, she's borderline OP. Her D4 is way too good, teleport is too safe, punishing the ball roll is different from normal punishes, combos are really simple to do. I think Kabal is a nearly perfect character design.

I agree with the teleport and D+4, But her combos are not easy to pull off if you want good damage off them most of her most damaging combos start off with U+4 twice so if you miss the first U+4 your opponent has a chance to punish you for it, And exactly how is punishing the roll different from and other unsafe special? Imo she's not S tier material i would say High A+

iViTal is in denial :p

Mileena is THE most OP character in the game... anyone know what expert mileena plays like? its damn near impossible to hit her. and my record online is 280/200 so not like im a scrub or anything.

i main cyrax / reptile / sub zero / cyber sub zero(main main)

and USED to use MILEENA / smoke / scorpion / sektor / ermac

out of ALL those mains i used over my mk playing so far mileena is the EASIEST by sooooooooo far its quie unbelievable. heck you could lliiiiiterally be a great avoider and jus block the whole time and punish when you can with teleports or sais and youll win... oh but wait... she ALSO has that effing ball roll which is ridiiiiiculously overpowered.

aaaaaaand.... you cant freakin run from what all the top mortal kombat tournament players say about her... you just cant... oh wait...

YOU can cause you are iViTal :p

just stop denying it man...

oh and let me throw in as well... i dont even think about playing with mileena anymore cause of how incredibly boring it is to play her and shes just so damned OP that it doesnt even feel good to win with her... you really oughta move on to a more respectable player man

Mileena is THE most OP character in the game... anyone know what expert mileena plays like? its damn near impossible to hit her. and my record online is 280/200 so not like im a scrub or anything.

out of ALL those mains i used over my mk playing so far mileena is the EASIEST by sooooooooo far its quie unbelievable. heck you could lliiiiiterally be a great avoider and jus block the whole time and punish when you can with teleports or sais and youll win... oh but wait... she ALSO has that effing ball roll which is ridiiiiiculously overpowered.

aaaaaaand.... you cant freakin run from what all the top mortal kombat tournament players say about her... you just cant... oh wait...

oh and let me throw in as well... i dont even think about playing with mileena anymore cause of how incredibly boring it is to play her and shes just so damned OP that it doesnt even feel good to win with her... you really oughta move on to a more respectable player man

i dont have much respect for your mains either, pretty cliche'.. maybe you should move on to 'a more respectable character'

try sonya, shang,jax? now they're fun to win with, but it sounds like you just rely on special move orientated chars..

and a 260/200 record doesnt scream scrub.. but it doesnt scream " im awesome,i know what im talking about!" either..

Mileena is powerful, there's no doubt about it, but she isn't OP. She's like SZ, frustrating to play against, but that's about it. I'll take a Mileena fight over the boring crap that is SZ who is officially the lamest character in the game. And lol, your mains are SZ, Reptile and Cyrax! That says it all! I can respect the CSZ though ;)

And im with Nomad. Some of you should try using Sonya, Skarlet or Freddy. Like Kabal, they are technical characters. Strong characters, but you really need to know what you are doing with them or you'll get blown up.

Sonya and Cage are both rush down characters, but Sonya is easily much, MUCH harder to use than Cage.

My two best characters are Baraka and CSZ. While Baraka isn't terribly hard to use, you have to know what you are doing to do well with him. That might sound like me blowing my own trumpet, but that's how it is. CSZ is, imo, just as good as Sektor and Cyrax and I personally think he has a 5:5 against both of them. However he severely struggles against good zoners, where as they both have better tools to get around zoning. I also use Sindel, and lately Quan Chi and a bit of Freddy. QC seems a bit cheap to me, but I like to try and think outside the box and not rely on cheapness to win. Sindel is like Baraka and Freddy, well like I said...powerful, but he has some quite complex combos. He suffers terribly from being rushed down, so again...you need to know what you are doing.

Last edited:
Namad and Flagg really saved me from writing a essay Thanks guyzz <3

Wait.. I had to respond to this.

heck you could lliiiiiterally be a great avoider and jus block the whole time and punish when you can with teleports or sais and youll win... oh but wait... she ALSO has that effing ball roll which is ridiiiiiculously overpowered.

Thats her play style, be defensive and punish your opponent for there mistakes plus thats the key to winning in MK really i mean you can go on the offensive and win but i prefer the defensive side.

Lol sais and teleport all day and win? Are you serious or trolling, Blocked teleport and you dont time the sais right= a uppercut to the face do that 10 times and your dead, You cant just throw regular sias her iAf are much more efficient.

And last the ball roll that almost everyone hates... Her ball roll is what makes her wake up game strong is can duck under most projectiles and it hits high.

Last edited:
Her ball does hit high, so everyone should be thankful.

And you can't fully punish her ball, unless you're a character with a reset special like Ermac or Sindel, but so what. CSZ divekick can't be punished fully. Reptiles elbow dash is practically safe online. Barakas spin, at 7 frames is very, very hard to punish. Lots of characters have moves that you can't fully punish.

I understand Olympus finds her a tough fight, I mean according to Brady and REO, she has 0 bad match ups (dubious but there ya go), but she isn't OP. Things like iceclone and Raiden teleport, instant airfans, that shit is OP.

I can deal with insta air fans, But Ice clone are a bish to keep away from against sub i have to play more offense than defense. The only thing i can punish is his slide, with it having armor makes it Hella harder to playing the zoning game against him :(

I agree with the teleport and D+4, But her combos are not easy to pull off if you want good damage off them most of her most damaging combos start off with U+4 twice so if you miss the first U+4 your opponent has a chance to punish you for it, And exactly how is punishing the roll different from and other unsafe special? Imo she's not S tier material i would say High A+

You have to have punish combos specifically for punishing her ball when it's blocked. There are a lot of punish combos that work for every character when they are being punished except for Mileena. The end result of this is getting a really low punish damage on her unless the person specifically takes the time to go into the lab and come up with a punish for it. Which 95% of players don't have effective punishes for her.

Also her teleport is pretty much 100% safe against most players if you add a sai after it.