Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters
Here is the quote straight from Ed Boons twitter feed.
The guy that created Noob Saibot says they are two people so what he says is canon.
"RT @only1mjp @noobde Amazing! Why are there two noobs? Noobde: No, no, no.... one is Noob, the other is Saibot."

I think the wraith explains this pretty well on the last message on the first page of this discussion though. The Saibot is almost like a limb. He's noobs shadow but since Noob is like a shadow in himself the shadow is human like and can do damage. It's not Bi Han trying to fight his way out or something. Noob Saibot is Bi Han there is no Bi Han and Noob Saibot. There's Bi Han is Noob Saibot.

I think the wraith explains this pretty well on the last message on the first page of this discussion though. The Saibot is almost like a limb. He's noobs shadow but since Noob is like a shadow in himself the shadow is human like and can do damage. It's not Bi Han trying to fight his way out or something. Noob Saibot is Bi Han there is no Bi Han and Noob Saibot. There's Bi Han is Noob Saibot.

To me, Saibot seems more like a Brotherhood Of Shadow spirit that got attached to Bi-Han (like a symbiote suit), when Quan Chi transformed him.
Much like a virus that feeds on it's host.

Noob Saibot IS Noob Saibot in body, but he also has ALL of Bi-Han's memories.
The fight that he has against Cyber Sub-Zero proves that.
He remembers the costume that he used to wear, and recognizes his brother.
Bi-Han still exists within Noob Saibot.

EDIT:

Trust me, Noob Saibot is my favorite character of all time, but I'm just trying to bring out a possible scenario, which NRS could surprise us with.

Noob Saibot is also my favorite character.
And yes he is Bi Han in spirit, but I'd just rather him stay Noob, and not return to OG Subzero.

Nah I'm on the anti cyber sub-zero side. The cyborgs are not very popular especially when you're favorite character gets turned into one of them. Sub-Zero is too iconic to leave as a cyborg. It just wouldn't work out. It felt out of place watching him in story mode as a cyborg and I hope NRS realizes that shock value doesn't mean it's good. Cuz that's what cyber subz was if nothing else shock value.

I agree with this 100%, this is how I felt since Cyber Sub was leaked, and I feel no different now.

I agree with this 100%, this is how I felt since Cyber Sub was leaked, and I feel no different now.

Thanks Man I'm glad someone feels the same way. I would absolutely hate if Bi Han took back the mantle of sub-zero but I don't want cyber sub zero either. This is really starting to seem like a lose lose situation. Did you read my proposal on how Kuai Liang should be human on page 2?

Okay obviously you didn't read the quote. Noob and Saibot are two different people. So essentially Noob= Bi Han and Saibot= Unknown. Saibot could be a spirit/shadow/demon...etc ad nauseum. So the most probable theory is that Saibot has either corrupted Bi Han or amplified the Evil within him. Bi Han is host to Saibot so if they were seperated Bi Han would A) Return to his previous form. B) Die or C) Remain Noob given that whatever sorcery quan chi used has twisted him to the brink of no return. I agree Bi Han is Noob beyond that @The_Wraith's point is specious at best. As for Saibot the only thing known given Mr. Boon's quote is that he is a seperate being. It isn't known wether he needs Noob to live or if Quan Chi simply fused them to create an incredibly powerful entity. Given that Noob Saibot were his enforcer. So in the case Saibot needs a host he will either A) Seek out a new host to live or B) Bond with enough souls in the Soulnado to exist without a host body. If he doesn't need a host body to live then he will just be free from whatever sorcery bound him to Noob and become a stand alone character. While some peoples ideas are really cool. Given the knowledge that Noob/Bi Han and Saibot are two people this would be the direction most likely taken. As far as Kuai Lang is concerned, He will most likely be ressurected now wether or not its in Human or Cyborg form is up in the air. Now as far as Frost is concerned she would not care wether Bi Han was killed and transformed into an evil being born of sorcery. She is linked to Kuai Lang. I see her either taking the spot of a human CRYOMANCER( Sorry you guys kill me saying CYRO it is CRYO you don't get CYROgenically frozen you get CRYOgenically frozen.) Or they may bring her in as a catalyst to bring about the resurrection of Kuai Lang given that was who Trained her in the original timeline. This time around I see her as someone taken by the Lin Kuei around the same time as Kuai Lang and would perhaps be a love interest. Either way she has a motivation to try to save Kuai Lang. You can't just say "oh this character will do this" without giving a reason for said characters actions.

Thanks Man I'm glad someone feels the same way. I would absolutely hate if Bi Han took back the mantle of sub-zero but I don't want cyber sub zero either. This is really starting to seem like a lose lose situation. Did you read my proposal on how Kuai Liang should be human on page 2?

I agree with you as far as not having Sub-Zero stay cyborg.
Sub-Zero being turned into a cyborg is about the biggest mistake that NRS has made, aside from Scorpion not being in MK 3 and Liu Kang being killed off in Deadly Alliance.

On the subject of Kuai-Liang or Bi-Han as Sub-Zero, I could care less.
Each brother had their own redeeming qualities.

I just want Sub-Zero back in HUMAN form, for MK 10.

The 2 things that pissed me off the most, as far as MK 9 "Story Mode" goes, were:

1) Sub-Zero being turned cyborg.
2) Sindel killing off a good majority of the roster.

Here is the quote straight from Ed Boons twitter feed.
The guy that created Noob Saibot says they are two people so what he says is canon.
"RT @only1mjp @noobde Amazing! Why are there two noobs? Noobde: No, no, no.... one is Noob, the other is Saibot."

This seems rather a joke to me than an actual statement.

Like saying "Kung is the shaolin guy and Lao is the name of his hat". But well, we may never know. I still believe Noob Saibot is one entity: Bi-han with necromantic-like powers. Anyway, I digress.

Sub-Zero should be back as a human in MK10 and Smoke shoud NOT become a Cyborg again.

Last edited:
I love C.Sub-Zero.
It keeps him interesting.

Because now its C.Sub & Cyrax vs. Sektor & The Lin Kuei.
Can't tell me that wouldn't be a badass cutscene :)

sub zero has 6 brothers
one of them becomes the new human sub
cyber sub zero stays( the lin kuei reclaimed him from quan chi)
noob saibot's shadow leaves bi han's body, in the soulnado because it couldnt injest him just his body

Because now its C.Sub & Cyrax vs. Sektor & The Lin Kuei.
Can't tell me that wouldn't be a badass cutscene :)

No thanks.
do-not-want-dog.jpg

So Sub-Zero should follow the og storyline?

Beats his dick with Kenshi and Hotaru.
Excellent story writing Vogel.

Sub needs a rival.
And that rival needs to be worth his caliber of character.
No Frost, no Hotaru, no Daegon.
It needs to be his old clan.

So Sub-Zero should follow the og storyline?

Beats his dick with Kenshi and Hotaru.
Excellent story writing Vogel.

Sub needs a rival.
And that rival needs to be worth his caliber of character.
No Frost, no Hotaru, no Daegon.
It needs to be his old clan.

Yea and his calibre of character got brought down in this game. Frost was not a rival. If anything Noob Saibot was leading to be his and Scorpion's rival in the old timeline.

I'd be fine with Sektor being his rival, however him and cyrax vs Sektor and The Lin Kuei. I don't want rockem sockem robots here. That whole storyline would have been much better if Sub-Zero stayed human. Right now he's just a b**ch that got away from Sektor end of story.

He needs to return in his human form. And everyone that keeps saying seperate Noob and Bi Han why? They went through the trouble of describing that Noob was Bi Han in Deception for all of us to know that hey this is old subzero and that would all be thrown away again making a pointless lackey character in Noob. He would have no point anymore. His whole agenda would be to get back on Noob's body which is straight outta spiderman.

Kuai Liang returning as Sub-Zero is the best way to go here. Why in the world people have not got over Noob being Sub-Zero in the first game is beyond me. As many have said that's merely a pre-story to actual sub-zero(Kuai Liang). That's it.

This whole effin cyber thing has pissed me off. Why did they do this? Why? It has literally turned their fanbase against eachother which is not something you want to do when you're bringing a game back

I'd be fine with Sektor being his rival, however him and cyrax vs Sektor and The Lin Kuei. I don't want rockem sockem robots here. That whole storyline would have been much better if Sub-Zero stayed human. Right now he's just a b**ch that got away from Sektor end of story.

I agree with this whole-heartedly.
Sub-Zero had enough enemies with Sektor, Cyrax and Scorpion after him.
Nothing wrong with Sub-Zero following the OG story.
There's plenty that can be written from that 4 character rivalry.

Shit, you could even have Sub-Zero and Scorpion team up and fend off Cyrax and Sektor.
Scorpion did vow never to go against Kuai-Liang, in the OG story.

I don't see why they can bring Kuai-Liang back in HUMAN form and have him and Scorpion team up to go after the Lin Kuei, Cyrax, Sektor and Quan Chi, as per Sub-Zero's MK 9 ending.

I see no reason to introduce a brand new character if you're going to never use him again.

I do.
To test him out with the fans.
If most of the fans dislike the character, then they don't have to use him again.
It's a safe way to do it.
Test out the NEW character, while keeping the original Sub-Zero in the roster.

Last edited:
I dont want to see Bi Han seperated from Noob @Subz711 first off Bi Han is Noob so unless you cut him in half you can't really seperate him from himself.
I want to see Bi Han/Noob seperated from Saibot.
Have Saibot absorb enough souls from the soulnado to exist without Noob and take on a true form. And no longer have him as just a shadow of Bi Han.
It would be essentially a new character with ties to the last game. And it would make for an interesting story to see how he became a slave to Quan Chi and perhaps it would give NRS the chance to explain exactly how Noob Saibot was created.

*Shrugs Shoulders*
I hated Cyber Subzero at first, but then I ended up maining him.
I love him now, and I don't really like Human Subzero now.
I think it's a refreshing twist on an old character.
Think about it, if they ever did that shit on Scorpion; people would've flipped shit.
But you got HUMAN Subzero and CYBER Subzero.
So why complain?
We got two smokes and two subzeros in UMK3.. so why not MK10?
Let me keep my new Main and give the fans their Human Subzero.
Everyone wins.

I say, after frost learns of Subzero's soul is captured by quan chi. She goes in a quest to capture it and restore his body with the aid of Raidens help. Raiden can also help rescue the lost souls since am sure he does not want quan chi tormeting or altring them.

How if Frost turned on Sub-Zero in her MK:DA ending ...