So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

I think combos are cool and all....but when u are playing a real person i doubt u are gonna be able to pull off a 11 or 12 hit combo....unless they really suck..combo breakers.
Maybe if you're really good you can bait someone into using their meter before you go in for the big combo, but I see what you mean.

I never thought I'd say this but Sub-zero's actually my main in this demo. At first he felt so clumsy but once I got some combos down with him I changed my mind. I can do one 9 hit combo which takes 29% of the life and one 11 hit combo which takes 40% of the life.

Other than that Scorpion is pretty cool, I can handle an 11 hit combo which takes 27% of the life.

Can NOT get the hold of mileena though. :/

A guy from sweden get's to play the demo

and a good ole american like myself has to wait because i have a different console

Suck it NR... seriously this is horse shit

A guy from sweden get's to play the demo

and a good ole american like myself has to wait because i have a different console

Suck it NR... seriously this is horse shit

Haha, come on. Just buy a ps3 or stop whining. I've got Wii, 360 and ps3 and it's times like these I'm so happy to have all of 'em. Not missing out that way.

I've done some pretty cool combos with johnny and scorpion but i'm trying to master sub zero the only combo i can do is the jab, jab then that ice sword attack that knocks the opponent back i must try harder. I haven't seen sub zeros classic combos i did notice scorpions classic combo you know the 3 kick combo from UMK3 well it kinda looks like it.

I've done some pretty cool combos with johnny and scorpion but i'm trying to master sub zero the only combo i can do is the jab, jab then that ice sword attack that knocks the opponent back i must try harder. I haven't seen sub zeros classic combos i did notice scorpions classic combo you know the 3 kick combo from UMK3 well it kinda looks like it.

Sub has cool (heh) combo opportunities. Try working in a slide at the end, or even an enhanced slide. Then there is the kick-back combo (I think bp,bp,fk) which you can end with a freeze and then continue with your usual combos. I am not a master so I guess there are other fast and easy combos. I still have not figured out how to work in an x-ray or use the clone properly - but trying to find that out is fun as hell.

Also - Hi there TRMK!

Ice beam goes across the whole stage instead of just the ball which is easily avoided by jumping. So you can't jump to avoid it, you HAVE to block. Ice clone just lasts longer as far as I know.

I find Johnny Cage's combos to be the easiest to perform. There's not much to be creative about in his case, he's very simple to use. He's a beast in close range, he's a good anti-air character too but I feel like there will be not enough skill to show-off with him online.

I find Johnny Cage's combos to be the easiest to perform. There's not much to be creative about in his case, he's very simple to use. He's a beast in close range, he's a good anti-air character too but I feel like there will be not enough skill to show-off with him online.

not much to be creative with!? Omg Johnny cage has so much sick stuff! And you can be VERY creative with him!

The create a combo system works wonderful in this game and if you can find a way to link it together you can :-D

I had a marathon session with my buddy this past weekend. I was able to pull over several large combo's with all 4 characters, including a couple of 48% combo's with Sub Zero. They can definitely be done vs another player.

not much to be creative with!? Omg Johnny cage has so much sick stuff! And you can be VERY creative with him!

The create a combo system works wonderful in this game and if you can find a way to link it together you can :-D

No, no, no...I meant something totally different, I don't wanna repeat myself but Cage is probably the best close range character.
I meant in terms of air juggles. You can do a lot more elaborate air combos with Mileena, Scorpion or Subby, which take a lot more skill to perform than any of Johnny's juggles. You can even combo X-ray into them... It's just the way I feel

No, no, no...I meant something totally different, I don't wanna repeat myself but Cage is probably the best close range character.
I meant in terms of air juggles. You can do a lot more elaborate air combos with Mileena, Scorpion or Subby, which take a lot more skill to perform than any of Johnny's juggles. You can even combo X-ray into them... It's just the way I feel

Haha, it's really your opinion but I really haven't seen anyone pull off any of my midscreen combos yet so...

Haha, it's really your opinion but I really haven't seen anyone pull off any of my midscreen combos yet so...

So far I did not have trouble pulling off any combos, except Mileena's triple uppercut. But can you give me a link to those midscreen combos of yours? If it's the one in your signature, it's just another variation of his juggles.

EDIT: Just played the demo, pulled it off on my 3rd try...It's all just the same basic juggle with Cage.
I did all the combos you had on your channel, recorded them with my phone since I don't have any good capturing devices, so if you don't believe me I can send you those vids...

Seriously, there's nothing I can't perform with Cage, he's just too easy IMO.

Last edited:
This is the JC combo I use, I've landed it in VS matches against some buddies of mine several times. Particularly if you're against Scorpion or Mileena and block a teleport punch or roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAEUdNLolnM

it's not dramatically different from DCP's juggle combo, just instead of using the Square, Square Jabs, I use Triangle, Square as it's a bit more damage.

13 Hits 34%. If you start the combo with the Forward Circle pop up instead of the Ax Kick (back X) it's actually around 37% damage.

This is the JC combo I use, I've landed it in VS matches against some buddies of mine several times. Particularly if you're against Scorpion or Mileena and block a teleport punch or roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAEUdNLolnM

it's not dramatically different from DCP's juggle combo, just instead of using the Square, Square Jabs, I use Triangle, Square as it's a bit more damage.

13 Hits 34%. If you start the combo with the Forward Circle pop up instead of the Ax Kick (back X) it's actually around 37% damage.

I see what you did there, that's pretty useful!
However, that's also exactly what I was talking about before. Every of his juggles is on the same basic principle. I'm not saying he's weaker than any of the other avaible characters, he's in fact a killing machine. Fast & deadly! He's also the most balanced character in the demo. But too simple to learn. It's a minor issue really

Yup since the game is so fast u won't be able to pull that off u less their a noob

That's the thing though, if you block certain moves you basically get that combo for free. Scorpions teleport punch, Mileena's roll, Kung Lao's dive kick. You'll get opportunities to do them more frequently than you think.

i got some pretty mean combos with scorpion, my two main combos do 46% and another does 56%. immediately after someone uses their breaker i can pull of the combos no interruption no problem. i just started to use sub zero and have a 31% and a gnarly x ray combo. slowly and surely i will beast with everybody. i'm pretty adept with mileena, her combos have some demanding timing. johnny cage is my worst of the four.

I suck at combos. Always have. I prefer short, quick turnarounds. Those with the better timing and ability to read their opponents will be able to get off more combos, and if my combos only do 23% vs. your 35% I only need to be 1/3 better than you to win.