Ermac Thread - "We are Many, You are but One!"

when I play as reptile recently seems to me Ermac is hardest player to beat. Forceballs are out as forceport punishes it, force push seems to track everything and forcelift is hard to deal with too.

I've mained Ermac since day 1, and I have the most trouble with Reptile when the player knows how to use his dash properly. Staying close to Ermac is your best bet. Only from my experience though...

what's the difference in damage between jp and jk? in a combo lift jk/jp/port combos?

5%, Inception. Lift, JP, Port does 14%, and with a JK, it does 19%. Neutral JK does 17%.

how do you preform ermacs stage fatality not the inputs but how are you doing it is it touching is it jump is it sweep? I can't pull it off and I am always jumping

Last edited:
My favourite x-ray combo:
JF+1, B+2, 1, slam, JF+4, teleport, dash, 2, 2, x-ray = 59%, 13 hits

Ermac to me is an x-ray character, his enhanced specials are pretty weak and have pretty much the same effect of his normal specials, they just add more damage, the exception being his teleport and even his enhanced teleport doesn't offer that many combo possibilities.

how do you preform ermacs stage fatality not the inputs but how are you doing it is it touching is it jump is it sweep? I can't pull it off and I am always jumping

u have to be right up on them and fatalities are easier if u hold block for the directions then let go and press the button so his first fatality would be jump distance hold block d u d d release block immeditaly then press block again

Ermac to me is an x-ray character, his enhanced specials are pretty weak and have pretty much the same effect of his normal specials, they just add more damage, the exception being his teleport and even his enhanced teleport doesn't offer that many combo possibilities.

I'm not sure if you're just posting to say it's your favorite or not and know the higher damage version, but you posted a good combo we've already talked about except yours is without the charged B2 and it should be B1 instead of just 1. Charging that B2 to "almost" full will get you 61% although it's hard to pull off in a real match. I hit it most of the time in the corner after a known down. You can time it to where your charged B2 lands right when they get up. Although people usually block right away (where you charge it to unblockable), or do a wake up so it's very hard against a good player/constant wake up user.

And Ermac is definitely not an x-ray character. His X-Ray is good sometimes to finish a combo, but the fact you don't even mention his Lift or Push tells me you haven't played with him too much. Ermac is a zoning character so combos aren't always a priority with him. However, if you get a Lift, or any sort of B+1, 1, or B+1, 2, or B+2 starter, Ermac has great, high damage possibilities. There's tons of starters that I am not even mentioning like B+3, 4, etc... Hitting counter uppercuts are free lifts to start combos and TKPs too.

u have to be right up on them and fatalities are easier if u hold block for the directions then let go and press the button so his first fatality would be jump distance hold block d u d d release block immeditaly then press block again

Stage fatalities depend on the stage, dude. Press start and look at your move list if you really can't figure it out.

Last edited:
Actually, I DO play with Ermac a lot ;) and I believe you misunderstood me.

Lift and push are fantastic tools, but their enhanced versions have pretty much the same use, the difference is their damage is higher. When it comes to enhanced specials, I prefer their particular differences over the damage (example, I know if I use Nightwolf's enhanced arrows, he will throw 3 projectiles - air, normal and low - and it will help me to win the match). That's what I meant. With Ermac, I never feel the need to waste a meter bar to use one of his enhanced specials, only if I occasionally want more damage with his enhanced push or lift. I better reserve it for breakers or x-ray with is extremely easy to pull of in a combo.

As for my combo, it's my favourite only :) and insanely easy to pull of online if you time it well. Quite devastating.

I'm going to give it a try :D. 59% looks pretty sexy.

Actually, I DO play with Ermac a lot ;) and I believe you misunderstood me.

Lift and push are fantastic tools, but their enhanced versions have pretty much the same use, the difference is their damage is higher. When it comes to enhanced specials, I prefer their particular differences over the damage (example, I know if I use Nightwolf's enhanced arrows, he will throw 3 projectiles - air, normal and low - and it will help me to win the match). That's what I meant. With Ermac, I never feel the need to waste a meter bar to use one of his enhanced specials, only if I occasionally want more damage with his enhanced push or lift. I better reserve it for breakers or x-ray with is extremely easy to pull of in a combo.

As for my combo, it's my favourite only :) and insanely easy to pull of online if you time it well. Quite devastating.

Yeah, sorry. I thought that is what you meant. I sort of agree with you. His X-ray is definitely easy to chain, but the Ex TKP becomes important sometimes. I never see too many Ermacs use it, but his oki setup is a must for me now. If you get a Ex TKP and port right after you can almost always get a free grab or uppercut. But yes breakers and x-rays are always good of course. I do use all of them except the Ex Hover. I only use hovers for mind games...

I like to Energy Ball right after a lot of combos that leave the opponent at full screen distance. As it is unavoidable for at least a chip. I follow that with a Hover Slam because 9 out of 10 people are taken completely by surprise.

Then, to **** with their mind... I'll change it up and Hover Slam when they're expecting an Energy Ball and blocking low, scoring me a Slam connect.

Just thinking out loud.

9 times out of 10 people don't expect the hover cancel either. And for the people that do, it's a great way to mix things up. Hover cancel to port, hover cancel to get a jump in, force ball, etc...

I also like to duck twice, to fake the Hover. Skip the cancel altogether. Another good jump-in lure.

LOL I think I did go nuts I watched every single video. LOL I am like I need to go back into practice mode or something. I got a question about

32%--- 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2 - Force Push people were telling me that I could do 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2,2 - For 40% I swear I saw mikeangelo do it but when I did it it only did 36%. Kabal is looking pretty good. I have come to concluson that Ermacs port outside of combos is useless it gets punished SO hard with little pay out. I am also trying to do more metagame and mixups ideas it's safe to say force push, lift are good but what other moves should I be utilizing?

Does he have any good pressure strings that are safe on block. I saw someone mention 312 was good any others?

Last edited:
I find the dash,2,2 bit of that quite tricky. Either I miss the dash timing or the 2,2 often turns into a "Fist Smash" (F2).

On the few occasions I land the dash,2,2 the opponent seems to hit the floor before the x-ray hits.

Last edited: