G4's Top 100 games of all time

Any serious list of the top games of all time, just like serious lists of the top films of all time, have to take the game/film's historical influence into account. I don't hardly know anything about Angry Birds, and I still know it belongs on this list.

It doesn't have any historical significance it's not innovative (there's a bunch of free flash games like it just without birds), it may be decent for a mobile game but that's it.

It doesn't have any historical significance it's not innovative (there's a bunch of free flash games like it just without birds), it may be decent for a mobile game but that's it.

It doesn't have historical significance? The first mobile phone game that is such a phenomenon that even backward yokels like me who don't have a mobile phone have heard of it... doesn't have historical significance?

A game doesn't have to be innovative to have significance. Super Mario Bros. doesn't have any single element that wasn't in a previous game. It belongs at #1 because it brought those elements together in such a way that created such wonderful gaming purity that it singlehandedly saved a video game industry that had been heading the way of the pet rock.

Go find a black chick named Nostalgia and suck her toes all you want lol.

Super Mario Bros. may be a pioneer, but the first doesn't always equal the best.
And I ask what they base this on because all the title says is Top 100.
Doesn't specify the if its the top funnest, top best selling, top legendary, none of that.

You edited it.

Good man.

It doesn't have historical significance? The first mobile phone game that is such a phenomenon that even backward yokels like me who don't have a mobile phone have heard of it... doesn't have historical significance?

A game doesn't have to be innovative to have significance. Super Mario Bros. doesn't have any single element that wasn't in a previous game. It belongs at #1 because it brought those elements together in such a way that created such wonderful gaming purity that it singlehandedly saved a video game industry that had been heading the way of the pet rock.

Sure it sold a lot and a lot of people know about it but this list isn't about that because if it was the whole CoD series would dominate the top 10.

Bioshock is a great game

Easily top 5, but i think 3 is a lil high

How the Hell did metal gear get overtaken by Madden 2005? Are u F'in kidding me?

We're talking about one of the best games ever made, with the best plot in gaming history, twists out the waazoo

And your putting Madden over it? Madden? F'in John Fatfuk madden???!!!!!!

Get The Fuk outta here G4

Metal gear deserves at least top 3 honors, AT LEAST!

I still can't get over them putting a damn football game over MGS, think about it, a damn football game where

all people did was run around with mike vick, and the hit stick in that game was broken as hell....

Anyway... GTAIII holds a special place in my heart, but why on earth did they put IV over Vice City???

Wait, G4 is STILL in business? I stopped watching that channel when they started with that filler programming bullshit such as COPS (I've got nothing against that show, but since when did COPS belong on G4?)! As a matter of fact, my satellite provider dropped G4 about a year and a half ago due to low ratings (gee, I wonder why), and frankly I don't miss it one bit!

How the funk is angry birds better then gow, love it or hate it gow is leaps and bounds better then angry birds.

I'm surprised that the Capcom vs series, Soul Calibur, or even Tekken are not in this list. Not complaining though. They are very hard to play.

Sure it sold a lot and a lot of people know about it but this list isn't about that because if it was the whole CoD series would dominate the top 10.

It SOLD a lot? That's not even the slightest part of what I mean. Its popularity actually became the single biggest turning point in the history of video gaming. And it was a great game. CoD has nothing going for it BUT sales. This list, as any good list should, takes EVERYTHING into account.

Bioshock is a great game

Easily top 5, but i think 3 is a lil high

How the Hell did metal gear get overtaken by Madden 2005? Are u F'in kidding me?

We're talking about one of the best games ever made, with the best plot in gaming history, twists out the waazoo

And your putting Madden over it? Madden? F'in John Fatfuk madden???!!!!!!

Get The Fuk outta here G4

Metal gear deserves at least top 3 honors, AT LEAST!

Seeing as there are a bunch of sequels on that list, I'm surprised that MGS 2 and 3 didn't make it on that list either.
MGS 3 is easily tied with MGS 2, for me, if not my favorite game out of that series.

It SOLD a lot? That's not even the slightest part of what I mean. Its popularity actually became the single biggest turning point in the history of video gaming. And it was a great game. CoD has nothing going for it BUT sales. This list, as any good list should, takes EVERYTHING into account.

It was released 2 1/2 yrs ago I think that's a little too soon to talk about it's historical impact let alone call it the biggest turning point.

How the funk is angry birds better then gow, love it or hate it gow is leaps and bounds better then angry birds.

Disagreed. Angry Birds is a game and the impact it has on people as broke barriers. I have seen many people from different countries play that game, it is fun and addictive. You can play it will waiting for an appointment. People can play Angry Birds and have fun with out even knowing what an Xbox or Playstation is.

Disagreed. Angry Birds is a game and the impact it has on people as broke barriers. I have seen many people from different countries play that game, it is fun and addictive. You can play it will waiting for an appointment. People can play Angry Birds and have fun with out even knowing what an Xbox or Playstation is.

That's your opinion. But you equate Angry birds and ios or cell phone game to a triple A franchise like God of war. Saying it's better because more people have access to it is crazy. look at Mw sells millions of copies but is nothing more then a flash in the pan. And the reason is't so popular is because it's what .99 cents?

G4 is trash now their gaming opinion has been completely discredited with this list. they're the T.V version of IGN let their ignorance shine.

Uncharted 2 over Uncharted 3? They were both great games but how did Uncharted 3 not even get on the list? It was obviously not a one per series type of list because 2 super mario bros. games were in the top 10. So why were Uncharted 3, Portal 2, and Mass Effect 3 not on the list when they're predecessors were?

G4 is trash now their gaming opinion has been completely discredited with this list. they're the T.V version of IGN let their ignorance shine.

I agree with the top, but disagree with the sentence at the end. G4 has been around for a while now and before they turned into a Cops and cheaters marathon daily special. They provided some of the best gaming news and X-play gave solid reviews on games.