SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

April 14th needs to come real quick because I'm honestly started to get sick of this forum, something I thought I'd never say.

The way people argue over characters here is as if someone insulted their mother.

Not singling you out [MENTION=18074]Kickinwing420[/MENTION], because you're not really one of those guys, but anytime I see arguments over a specific character at this stage of the lead up to release, I face palm so hard and I feel like strangling someone. Blame it on the people excessively doing it beforehand.

Hey man, I thought you like Goro. :laugh:

You have to admit, this is stupid. Id be fine with Goro getting his ass whooped. Just why the arms?

It opens the door to so many awful stories. I have yet to come up with a good way to give Goro new arms.
Everything sounds too cheesy and convenient.

"Oh look! Raidens coming to Goro's rescue! He even brought a new pair of arms!"
yeah ,even Goro agreed with this, thats why he asked Kotal to put him out of his misery.

but I'm with taj, I believe Goro was intended to just be a bonus DLC nothing more. but hey at least you know he's playable and just enjoy it.

Look at all the Tanya,Reiko and Rain Fans that may not be able to play with their fav's. my chances are even lower cause I want Skarlet in this game but I know that's a Longggggg shot. but if she doesn't make it at least ill get to see her in the comics.

Not singling you out [MENTION=18074]Kickinwing420[/MENTION], because you're not really one of those guys, but anytime I see arguments over a specific character at this stage of the lead up to release, I face palm so hard and I feel like strangling someone. Blame it on the people excessively doing it beforehand.

I get that. I think we all can agree the Tanya fans get pretty annoying at times, but I really don't have that hard of a time ignoring the majority of them. If they're upsetting you that much, just put them on your ignore list or whatever.

Anyway, i'm sure i'm overreacting, but you gotta understand my concerns. :laugh:

As of right now, my favorite character has no arms. I really don't see where you could take that story next, besides death. Id be completely fine with that, but the whole "Goro Lives" thing has me thinking otherwise. I mean, Goro begged for death, and still didn't get killed. He clearly survives.

Plus, you know how it feels to have your favorite character get set on the whole revenge thing.
We all know if Goro survives, the one thing he's going to want is revenge. And that's just boring as shit IMO.
I remember you getting upset when you first thought Scorpion was going to be all about revenge again.

Anyway, i'm done ranting about it or whatever. Ill just have to wait and see how it turns out.
Best case scenario for me would be Raiden healing him, and Goro joining the forces of light. Raiden could even help Goro control his need for revenge. Possibly "bribing" him with the whole "I'll restore the Shokan to their former glory!" thing. I don't wanna hear anything else about the arms. :laugh: Just say he was healed and ignore it.

Last edited:
I like her look and I like her fighting style. What other parameters am I supposed to go by for liking a comic book character?

I don't care for BBBLP but why the hell are people assuming he just likes characters based solely on the color of their skin? Can't say I've ever seen any evidence of that...

You're trying so hard to think the worst for some reason.

No i'm not. I didn't have to try very hard to come to the conclusion that Goro has no arms, but has arms in the actual game. Something doesn't add up.

Anyway, if you read what I had said in a previous post, i'm done ranting about it. I even explained, that if done right, i'm able to overlook the arm thing. I'm just worried is all.

I've been on this forum for years and it just gets worse and worse with the bickering. It use to be a place where other fans shared their excitement, but now all I'm reading are insults back and forth and complaints about the game. With that said,heres my thoughts on this comic...

Overall, a great issue
+ Kotal going head to head with Goro and using Reptile to conceal his allies was a smart tactic.
+ Kotal ripping Goro's arms off.
+ The costumes are a great improvement over the last game. In my opinion, I like how they're still somewhat revealing. If you throw Halloween parties or go to comic events, gotta love seeing woman dressed as sexy mk characters lol
+ I don't think letting Goro live is bad writing. I think it's part of the blood magic warping his mind a bit and the fact that he probably thought Goro would bleed to death right there. He just wanted him to suffer longer.

- After defeating Goro and being badass, here comes unstoppable Sonya, a mother in rage with cheesy dialog to take him down with one gun shot. Can't stand her and I would've rather saw Johnny Cage show up.

Basic training aint too bad... unless you get IT'd and THEN yeah... it's pretty brutal. But she's Special Forces so... that whole IT thing is just another Tuesday for Sonya. Contrary to what people feel about her, she actually IS a badass. And Kotal getting shot makes a lot of sense. It shows just how much blood magic takes out of him. It's really potent stuff it would seem.