SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

At the least,IMO, his death was necessary, not for the game, or even the plot they introduced him, but in the situation.

It would be worst if he was killed just for "being in the wrong place" (Hsu Hao was like this).

If he blotted out the sun, Kotal would be pretty screwed.

Kotal was very smart.

Why do people assume that Ed hates Rain?

I don't know. As far as I know, Rain exists exactly because Boon likes.

Check out Ermac's origins.

NRS chooses which characters they want to support and give attention to. Most of these characters can be made popular if NRS chooses to focus on them enough.

listen i understand there rain fans out there but rain was just lucky to even made in the first place until people wanted to see what he look like here why rain was made

Rain was me being a jerk, basically. [laughs] When we were working on Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, I was thinking “what ninja color have we not done yet?” … and I’m a huge Prince fan, so I was thinking Purple Rain. I was probably still listening to the album. There was no time to actually make a character, because the game was done. So I hacked into the attract screen a quick little sequence of this purple ninja running at Shao Kahn. We didn’t even have the word “Rain” in the powerbar, so I manually built it using our font. So I included this quick glimpse just to drive people crazy. Once Mortal Kombat Trilogy came out, we gave Rain new moves and he finally became a real character. Later we brought him back for Mortal Kombat Armageddon. That’s one of the things about Mortal Kombat: many of the characters have these goofy development histories. Noob Saibot, Reptile…all of these odd origin stories.

listen i understand there rain fans out there but rain was just lucky to even made in the first place until people wanted to see what he look like

Why are we lucky? We're purchasing the product. They're lucky people are still interested in the product (and largely because they have such loyal fans). They're producing a product to appeal to people purchasing it so they still have a job. These comics are largely meant for hardcore MK fans, and so far, it's been mediocre.

"Later we brought him back for Mortal Kombat Armageddon. That’s one of the things about Mortal Kombat: many of the characters have these goofy development histories. Noob Saibot, Reptile…all of these odd origin stories."

Reptile and Noob had, as you've quoted, odd origin stories. I guess they're joke characters who deserve to die in an obscure comic, too?

He never said that and even if he did, is he a god? because you seem to repeat what he says just because.

Check mate.. mate.
I was making a joke about Hsu Hao. Clearly NRS never really liked Rain, hence why he wasn't even on MK9 though he was a playable character in the home ports of UMK3... I personally think that Rain getting killed is STUPID considering that he is indeed popular among many fans.

Why are we lucky? We're purchasing the product. They're lucky people are still interested in the product (and largely because they have such loyal fans). They're producing a product to appeal to people purchasing it so they still have a job. These comics are largely meant for hardcore MK fans, and so far, it's been mediocre.

Reptile and Noob had, as you've quoted, odd origin stories. I guess they're joke characters who deserve to die in an obscure comic, too?

no i was just pointing out rain orgin story and this is ed boon saying this not me i think rain is cool fighter and one day edeina king someday but he has no revelece in mortal kombat x at all

I like Rain. He was strong as hell in Trilogy and I dug the Edenian prince gimmick. To say he's not a joke character, though, is silly. He was named after a Prince song for crying out loud, complete with color and everything. You know how many comedians make fun of Prince? Hell, you can look up the Dave Chappelle skit where he dresses up as Prince on YouTube and have a few laughs. The only people who deny him being a joke character are delusional fans. The real joke is how quickly Kotal Kahn disposed of his ass.

PS~ The power of lightning was really what defined Rain up until MK9, which is when they tried to focus more on his water powers. Lightning is not like the element of fire; you can't just give that to multiple characters. Raiden has always been THEE lightning guy of MK. My guess is NRS couldn't come up with many exciting ideas for Rain's water powers and just figured they'd off him to give Kotal more clout. Sorry, Rain fans, but you all have to hold an "L" for this game...again.

purple-rain-poster.jpg

no i was just pointing out rain orgin story and this is ed boon saying this not me i think rain is cool fighter and one day edeina king someday but he has no revelece in mortal kombat x at all

You're missing the point. NRS chooses who has relevance in Mortal Kombat X. They chose to bring back half the cast that died in MK9 and ignore the ones who didn't. They're choosing to not do anything with the already ignored characters and therefore they remain unpopular or unknown. That's a choice. They have writers who decide the plot.

It's not like Johnny Cage, Jax, etc. have done anything remotely important to the plot since their creation, yet that still get plenty of attention.

You're missing the point. NRS chooses who has relevance in Mortal Kombat X. They chose to bring back half the cast that died in MK9 and ignore the ones who didn't. They're choosing to not do anything with the already ignored characters and therefore they remain unpopular or unknown. That's a choice. They have writers who decide the plot.

It's not like Johnny Cage, Jax, etc. have done anything remotely important to the plot since their creation, yet that still get plenty of attention.

Havik is a super important character. Let's bring him back!

Is there any chance he could have survived that? After all he's a demi-god.

I'm going to say no. Might as well not get your hopes up because he was just Hsu Hao'd and was given no plot relevance.

Feel free to tweet them and ask, though. You might get a cute ";)" response.