We demand Hara Kiri!

I agree. And that's why Cyber Sub-Zero Cold Fusion Fatality makes no sense for me. He WON the fight! Why suicide to kill the opponent?

Did he suicide? Tag out with Cyber Sub Zero and you'll (probably) know what I mean.

Hara kiri is so stupid, I hope they never bring this back, ever. Dumb concept.

I think they should be in but they can't do them for 3 seconds. That way it gives the winner a chance to do a fatality if they want to. If they can't get the fatality in time, the other person can do a hara-kiri.

yup his idea is good I hope we do get Hari Karis I missed those infact just the other day I was looking at a youtube video of all the Hari Karis :p

Did he suicide? Tag out with Cyber Sub Zero and you'll (probably) know what I mean.

You got a point, but if I remember right, when he tags out, its more like he cover himself with ice, then he disappears and the ice shatters, while when he does the fatality, it's more like he explodes. But then again, his teleport feels like he's exploding (specially the enhanced teleport), so... Yeah, now that I realized this, I feel relieved that he doesn't suicide.

You got a point, but if I remember right, when he tags out, its more like he cover himself with ice, then he disappears and the ice shatters, while when he does the fatality, it's more like he explodes. But then again, his teleport feels like he's exploding (specially the enhanced teleport), so... Yeah, now that I realized this, I feel relieved that he doesn't suicide.

Same as Sub-Zero's teleport move in MKvsDC, damn I miss that move...

The next game should definitely have Hara Kiri's, along with the multi-dimensional stages concept from Deception. It was awesome, being able to knock an opponent into a completely different area of the stage.

Those things couldn't fly in this game, because then everyone would have cried, since it wasn't a part of the initial Trilogy. But, they remade the initial Trilogy with this game, and can go beyond the obvious limitations in the next game.

I'm hoping for a lot more creativity and innovation in MK10.

no we don't demand it.. almost the worst idea ever for MK. Friendships are #1, cartoonish animalities are #2.. I'd put Hari-kari at #3 worst idea for MK

No, I didn't like that crap. This game is far too good a fighter to have even more finishers. I got bored of them after the first week. The 10 seconds spent watching that shit could have been enjoyed more in play time.

this, it makes me laugh when folk complain about fatalitys, come on if it wasnt for them we wouldnt be playing mortal kombat, no one would give a ****. not saying they make the game but come on, there their and they should be utilised to full effect, if anything mortal kombat should have more fatalitys. Plus its not like you have to use them! But for the millions who do like to use them, hell yeah there should be more in. Then again you know what they say, boring people get bored....

Last edited:
No. The only other finishers that should be brought back are brutalities (revamped), friendships and maybe animalities (no stupid ones like Reptile's chimpanzee, Scorpion's penguin, Kitana's bunny, Smoke's porcupine, Rain's baby elephant).

this, it makes me laugh when folk complain about fatalitys, come on if it wasnt for them we wouldnt be playing mortal kombat, no one would give a ****. not saying they make the game but come on, there their and they should be utilised to full effect, if anything mortal kombat should have more fatalitys. Plus its not like you have to use them! But for the millions who do like to use them, hell yeah there should be more in. Then again you know what they say, boring people get bored....

I like his logic!

I would love the return of Hara kiris. but after three seconds, cause you know what i hate. is people who don't know the fatalitys and have to look em up. and that feels embarassing that i'm being finished by someone that doesn't know what their doing that pisses me off.

I rather Hara kiri then being finshed but someone who sucks or doesn't know there moves. Now who agrees with that?

If someone doesn't know their fatalitys before the game, they shouldn't get the chance and should have it taken from them!

I know. i get mad pretty easy when playing video games but in the end, its just game:twisted:

I think that, during the Finish Him stage, the winner should be able to press..... LT/L2, and that opens up Hara Kiri's for the loser. Sort of a "Do you have the honor to finish yourself off?" type of dealio.

I really like this idea. I do think MK9 needs some more variation in finishes, to suit the differing tones of matches. Hara Kiri would be a good honourable ending, Friendship for a more relaxed match, Fatality for a violent ending after you have destroyed someone. Sometimes fatalities just don't feel right after certain matches.

1) Friendships
2) Brutalities
3) More fatalities
4) Stage fatalities
5) A bucket of hot wings

These are the things I want before Hara Kiris are ever even considered.

No. The only other finishers that should be brought back are brutalities (revamped), friendships and maybe animalities (no stupid ones like Reptile's chimpanzee, Scorpion's penguin, Kitana's bunny, Smoke's porcupine, Rain's baby elephant).

But Kitana's Monty Python Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog was the only good animality!!! ;) Remove that one and you might as well not even bother with them.

Hara Kiri was an excellent finisher, it suits MK perfectly and now it is gone. NRS bring it back! Let's create a hype strong enough to return Hara Kiri as DLC or at least in MK10. Damn, it was definately the best improvement from a few latest MK's and it should stay as permanent as regular fatalities.

Agree?

Although it was a quite good idea, i like explode my rival by my combination of codes resulted in -alities

I agree. And that's why Cyber Sub-Zero Cold Fusion Fatality makes no sense for me. He WON the fight! Why suicide to kill the opponent?

I'm guessing its a nod to UMK3 Cyrax and UMK3 Smoke's suicidal fatalities... though Smoke's would be genocidal.

i liked hara kiris for the "haha i killed myself foo!" aspect of them, to "steal" there fatality away and kill myself.

it was ass, but it was also satisfying

edit: you know what i want? BRUTALITIES.

seriously, screw the rest lol