Killing off Scorpion

Kill Scorpion?

• Total voters
Sektor should go too?

Lol was that some kind of cheap shot?
I didn't make this thread because I don't like Scorpion, because I do enjoy him.
I made this thread because he's pretty much useless in the story.
Sure he has potential, but over the 20 years he's been in this game has he made any progress at all?
Even during Armageddon which was supposed to be the final Mortal Kombat he still didn't get his revenge.

This is more the developer's fault rather than Scorprion himself.
But as of right now he's just taking up space that some other character could fill.

Sektor should go too?

Lol was that some kind of cheap shot?
I didn't make this thread because I don't like Scorpion, because I do enjoy him.
I made this thread because he's pretty much useless in the story.
Sure he has potential, but over the 20 years he's been in this game has he made any progress at all?
Even during Armageddon which was supposed to be the final Mortal Kombat he still didn't get his revenge.

This is more the developer's fault rather than Scorprion himself.
But as of right now he's just taking up space that some other character could fill.

lol not a cheap shot.

I used him as a sense to show the light that how little the roster would be if we played this rule in accordance to the entire cast.

Most of the people in this game only have ties to at most like 3-4 characters.

Sonya to Johnny Cage, Kano, Jax

While Kano is to: Jax Sonya Kabal

It happens like this all over the place. if you take out 1 person, then the person they are connected to has "less ties" and then you might as well dump them too.

I mean who needs a subzero once this happens. Get rid of subzero... then who the hell is smoke tied to? Lose too many lin kuei then suddenly we're only left with Cyrax/Sektor... and who are their "ties"

I mean you see where I'm going with this?

Scorpions Vibe and hype he brings to the game is more than enough reason for me to want him back anytime.

The day that vibe/hype gets stale to me is when I might change my mind.

Getting rid of scorpion in my mind is the same as asking.

Why are you helping me?

What you can't help someone w/o expecting something in return?

Why is scorpion a character? his story never progresses?

Do we need a reason to enjoy a character?

I mean BBBLP I really don't care about sektor at all lol. But I can see his appeal he might have to you and other Sektor fans.

It's going to ALWAYS be a lose/win situation for any decision NRS makes.

Because I would like them to kill some characters, but on the other hand. You're gonna piss off every fan of that character.

Or keep all the fanboys happy and continue the same plot rotation over and over. like this turns into DBZ 2.0

Because if no one dies for real, it will become DBZ 2.0

It's just hard for some people to swallow a character death when they either "didn't finish their goals" or they think "Man all that character development and they just die?"

Scorpion does nothing though.
All the other characters you mention have progressed.

Scorpion just goes from puppeteer to puppeteer.

Scorpion does nothing though.
All the other characters you mention have progressed.

Scorpion just goes from puppeteer to puppeteer.

I wasn't talking about progression I was pointing out just the simple point you made out at the start of saying he only has 2 ties.

If we're gonna talk about story progression, there isn't much because well the damn game has been rebooted anyways. ALL that story build up in MK1-armageddon means shit now lol.

Oh no Frost betrayed subzero... but now... that hasn't happened yet and a different fate may occur.

But besides that.

When you say puppeteer you have to understand that Scorpion can't revive his family/clan by himself otherwise he WOULD have.

He sided with Quan chi because that was the only way for him to get the "Revenge" he wanted.

upon getting out of quan chi's puppeteering.

He tried to work for the Elder Gods based on their promise to revive his clan. ect ect.

If there was instead an "Item" or something that could revive them he could avoid the puppeteer act.

But since he lacks the power to revive them himself, he has to do bidding for people who offer promises of doing so.

EDIT:

like I said, They could solve his problem bring back his clan w/e....

But then he would be a new person, and not the scorpion we grew up with.

So I agree to progress he has to die either by REAL death. or by being reborn as a new character free from hate/revenge/drive to bring back his clan.

With Scorpion being my second favorite character, I think that he should stay. However, he should cut his losses with sub zero, beat quan chi once and for all, and then focus on ACTUALLY reviving his clan, instead of relying on empty promises from dirty sorcerers. Hopefully, Scorpion can finally make a power play in MK10.

With Scorpion being my second favorite character, I think that he should stay. However, he should cut his losses with sub zero, beat quan chi once and for all, and then focus on ACTUALLY reviving his clan, instead of relying on empty promises from dirty sorcerers. Hopefully, Scorpion can finally make a power play in MK10.

Well he did rely on Elder gods to revive his clan but EVEN THEY backstabbed him by reviving his clan as sort of "Zombie soldiers"

If scorpion goes out he needs to go down like sindel and killing every fawker in the place or he could live up to the ugh "anti-hero" title and just give up and realise the want to be with his wife and child/clan again is to much weight to bare and fade away but being able to return if he needs to. :)

LP said:
I feel as if Scorpion has had his chance story-wise more than enough times and he has failed on every occasion with the only exception I see being in MK9 when he wasn't going to kill Bi Han. Sure he has a pretty cool revenge story, but this asshole has been trying to get revenge for 20 goddam years. Its time to retire this guy, at least for now.

What if scorpion goes away for a game or 2 then returns but this time it's not Hanzo It's his Son. Who was killed by Quan Chi and this new Scorpion can be more ruthless and angry for his life being cut short then after he kills Quan chi he trys to atone for his fathers sins and resurrect his fallen clan and parents. ;)

Last edited:

In that case, though, there are a ton of characters that are just 'fillers'.

I like Scorpion, though he is not one of my mains, but I totally get your point. Really, what HAS he done all this time? He is the same Scorpion he always has been. Gets boring....he needs his story to go somewhere. It's like they are just too lazy to do anything different for him but he is popular enough that they can just keep throwing him in the game and no one will complain about lack of progress with his character because they continue to ride his skeledick.

I'm the only dude who voted "Kill him off for good" and I have no regrets.

I like seeing popular characters kick the bucket.

I think he should take Quan Chi with him though. Make it all epic and such.

In that case, though, there are a ton of characters that are just 'fillers'.

I like Scorpion, though he is not one of my mains, but I totally get your point. Really, what HAS he done all this time? He is the same Scorpion he always has been. Gets boring....he needs his story to go somewhere. It's like they are just too lazy to do anything different for him but he is popular enough that they can just keep throwing him in the game and no one will complain about lack of progress with his character because they continue to ride his skeledick.

Like I said before NRS is just afraid to solve anything in his story because, what he has been all this time will be no more. His Rage was a large part of his charm. w/o that he's gonna be like stryker as a ninja lol.

No matter what you do what he's known as and loved for will be gone if you do ANYTHING to him. So all they've done is stall him from reaching peace, because once he obtains peace his name will still be scorpion but he won't be the scorpion we know.

It's a new timeline though and anything could happen during the events of MK4-Deception.

With Kuai Liang dead the rivalry is gone, and he's open to do more things.

Damn all good points from everybody.

Before I vote I need an answer. How come Scorpion doesn't fight Noob? aka Bi-Han.
Does he not know or what.

Are we talking about killing him off in storyline, or permanently removing him from the roster?

If we're talking about the former, then it's a moot point. He already died once, and the fact that he continues to defy death is all the proof you need that you simply can't kill him off.

And removing him from the MK roster permanently is NOT an option, especially from a business standpoint. You absolutely do not exclude the face of your franchise from your games, end of story. Scorpion's value to the MK franchise was tested in MK3 when he was excluded...needless to say, there's a reason he came back for UMK3, and with the exception of the Jax-centered MKSF (which turned out to be a huge bust), Scorpion has not been excluded since. Excluding Scorpion is as big of a taboo as excluding Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter.

In short, if you don't want Scorpion anymore, find another game to play.

Last edited:
Do I really have to say how I'd feel about Scorpion being killed off? Didn't think so.

Like I said before NRS is just afraid to solve anything in his story because, what he has been all this time will be no more. His Rage was a large part of his charm. w/o that he's gonna be like stryker as a ninja lol.

No matter what you do what he's known as and loved for will be gone if you do ANYTHING to him. So all they've done is stall him from reaching peace, because once he obtains peace his name will still be scorpion but he won't be the scorpion we know.

They could always invent new things for him to rage about, but yeah, a mellow(er) Scorpion wouldn't work too well, if at all. Realistically, though, I don't think it'd be possible for him to ever find peace. He could get his revenge against Quan Chi, but so what? The damage is still done. His family is still gone. His clan is still gone. He could kill everyone who ever associated with Sub-Zero or Quan Chi and still be pissed. It might be a boring, aimless type of anger, but it wouldn't really change who he is.