Petition for more dlc!

Just because a character is in one MK game doesn't mean they won't be exciting in the next one, that's not a valid argument as to why they shouldn't be DLC. (If NRS were to do DLC for MK9, which they are not). All of the characters except for Freddy have been in previous MK games, and they are all still awesome.

It's not that the characters themselves may or may not be exciting in MK10, it's that if NRS decides to bring back all the characters from MK9 plus the DLC characters (other than the two guest characters, obviously) for MK10, then that won't be a very exciting roster for the game in general

We're saying save the characters like Tanya, Reiko, Fujin for MK10 so that we can actually have something to look forward to when speculating the roster for MK10 (and also so that they can receive proper roles in the story of MK10)

Just because a character is in one MK game doesn't mean they won't be exciting in the next one, that's not a valid argument as to why they shouldn't be DLC. (If NRS were to do DLC for MK9, which they are not). All of the characters except for Freddy have been in previous MK games, and they are all still awesome.

I don't think you understand what I was saying.

Raiden was not included in MK3. Raiden fans were stoked to see him return. It built up a little more hype for the game for those fans to be able to play as him again.

Having someone in every game doesn't mean they will suck but it's a little more exciting when they are included in a game after being taken out.

IMO, most new characters suck. I would rather have them keep out characters from MK1-3 and then bring them back in another instalment.

To me, having every character in every game is just like playing the same game over again, only with a few new things added to make it slightly different.

Raiden was not included in MK3. Raiden fans were stoked to see him return. It built up a little more hype for the game for those fans to be able to play as him again.

What fans didn't know about that is the fact that Raiden was in fact suspended from MK3 courtesy of the Pesina family.

I don't think you understand what I was saying.

Having someone in every game doesn't mean they will suck but it's a little more exciting when they are included in a game after being taken out.

IMO, most new characters suck. I would rather have them keep out characters from MK1-3 and then bring them back in another instalment.

To me, having every character in every game is just like playing the same game over again, only with a few new things added to make it slightly different.

The main problem with your 'save it for MK10' argument is will the same rule also apply to MK10? What I mean is, are you also saying they need to drop members of the cast from MK10, just so they save some hype (as you call it) for MK11? It seems an odd way to wish for games and an even odder way for a games developer to behave, always leaving something out for the next potential next installment. Ideally as games consumers we want to wish for each new version of a game we love to be the best yet, not ask for them to deliberately hold something back, essentially not making it the best, just so we have something to look forward to next time......

As for new characters suck, does that not totally depend on what they are and how they are developed? Besides, characters like Jax and Kitana were 'new' once, do they not then also apply to 'new characters suck'? You also seem to now be suggesting that MK 1-3 characters shouldn't be in MK10, so wouldn't that then be all new characters, who you just said suck??

Ed Boon Mentioned on Twitter that there would be no more DLC for MK9 on the Console Versions of the game, knowing that the MKPSVita version will recieve extra new content not previously released on the console versions i wouldnt doubt that maybe after the MK Vita launch we may have alittle more dlc at least the UMK3 costumes for the Male ninjas.

Now recently not to long about a week or 2 ago someone asked him on twitter if he had any plans or any new MK announcements for MKs 20th Aniversary this year he stated there was a 6% chance of 10% that we might here more MK announcements after the MKPSVita Launch so i wouldnt keep my hopes down yet, but then it could be announcements regarding a new MK Shaolin Monks game or something else other than DLC. Im thinking this may be the 3rd surprise that was never announced correct me if im wrong. Many not all but many of us wished that we had a Brutality DLC pack, Friendship Pack, or an UMK9 made or maybe even a Mortal Kombat: Extreme lol

I'm surprised that wasn't another "DLC FRIENDSHIPS ANIMALITIES BRUTALITIES NEW STAGES NEW FATALITIES NEW CHARACTERS SUPPORT MK9 YEAAAAAAAA" post of yours

Ed Boon Mentioned on Twitter that there would be no more DLC for MK9 on the Console Versions of the game, knowing that the MKPSVita version will recieve extra new content not previously released on the console versions i wouldnt doubt that maybe after the MK Vita launch we may have alittle more dlc at least the UMK3 costumes for the Male ninjas.

Now recently not to long about a week or 2 ago someone asked him on twitter if he had any plans or any new MK announcements for MKs 20th Aniversary this year he stated there was a 6% chance of 10% that we might here more MK announcements after the MKPSVita Launch so i wouldnt keep my hopes down yet, but then it could be announcements regarding a new MK Shaolin Monks game or something else other than DLC. Im thinking this may be the 3rd surprise that was never announced correct me if im wrong. Many not all but many of us wished that we had a Brutality DLC pack, Friendship Pack, or an UMK9 made or maybe even a Mortal Kombat: Extreme lol

lol I think you set your hopes way too high for this stuff sometimes man.

What fans didn't know about that is the fact that Raiden was in fact suspended from MK3 courtesy of the Pesina family.

I knew ;)

The main problem with your 'save it for MK10' argument is will the same rule also apply to MK10? What I mean is, are you also saying they need to drop members of the cast from MK10, just so they save some hype (as you call it) for MK11? It seems an odd way to wish for games and an even odder way for a games developer to behave, always leaving something out for the next potential next installment. Ideally as games consumers we want to wish for each new version of a game we love to be the best yet, not ask for them to deliberately hold something back, essentially not making it the best, just so we have something to look forward to next time......

As for new characters suck, does that not totally depend on what they are and how they are developed? Besides, characters like Jax and Kitana were 'new' once, do they not then also apply to 'new characters suck'? You also seem to now be suggesting that MK 1-3 characters shouldn't be in MK10, so wouldn't that then be all new characters, who you just said suck??

They don't need to add every single character as a DLC that hasn't already been included at this point. The game has been out for almost a year, most people don't play it as much, it's time to move forward with the next instalment.

I don't think they HAVE to remove characters from the game to build up the hype but they do it so, going on that, it would be more exciting to reintroduce them in a future game.

As for the part on characters....WOWOWOW, uh, no, that isn't what I meant at all....I probably should have clarified but I mean the new characters AFTER UMK3. That, for me, was when new character started to go downhill. My mindset is that MK1-UMK3 = old characters and any characters that were new to the franchise after that are considered new in general to me. Just the odd way my brain works, I guess.

I don't think an MK game with the exact same cast but with new levels is as exciting to people as having an MK game with new levels and characters that have been left out of the last MK game.

Just my opinion on the matter, anyway. Everyone looks at it different. I just personally think having every character in every game takes the fun and excitement away.

lol I think you set your hopes way too high for this stuff sometimes man.

In what ways? I play the MKAK more than MK9 anyways. MK9 chatrooms are empty because the game is already old and people just got fed up with all the spamming i do online lol i was hoping we would have at least gotten the UMK3 male Pallete swap costumes along with MK2 Mileena and MK2 Skarlet as rumored months before but now that i see very few people online there is really no use for it.

In what ways? I play the MKAK more than MK9 anyways. MK9 chatrooms are empty because the game is already old and people just got fed up with all the spamming i do online lol i was hoping we would have at least gotten the UMK3 male Pallete swap costumes along with MK2 Mileena and MK2 Skarlet as rumored months before but now that i see very few people online there is really no use for it.

I'm saying you tend to look for the tiniest hint that has a VERY low probability of leading to them making a UMK9 or DLC for MK9. Especially when they said they aren't doing anymore MK stuff.

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just warning you, that you put your hopes too high and they will get crushed. Just lookin out for ya man.

If they could port the vita costumes to the console then I would buy them instantly. I would love new costumes and would remain completely loyal to NR studios if they did that. They need to have more of a SF approach and add more of a competitive approach. My only question is, why they didn't add more to the Komplete version? Did they think that it would piss off fans that bought the first one? Who cares!

Would love to see the alternates to DLC and Ninjas!!! PLEASE, make this happen. It would be an awesome gift to fans.

Also, save Animalities, brutalities and friendships for the next game! That would be impossible to add and would take way too much work to add in MK9 as DLC anyways...

The only thing do-able right now and easy would be the alternate costumes that they made for Vita.

If they could port the vita costumes to the console then I would buy them instantly. I would love new costumes and would remain completely loyal to NR studios if they did that. They need to have more of a SF approach and add more of a competitive approach. My only question is, why they didn't add more to the Komplete version? Did they think that it would piss off fans that bought the first one? Who cares!

Would love to see the alternates to DLC and Ninjas!!! PLEASE, make this happen. It would be an awesome gift to fans.
Oh HELL naw, f*ck dat shit

I agree, SF came out with SF4 followed by SSF4 followed by SSF4 Arcade Edition, Followed by SSF4 Extreme Arcade Adition when will MK9 get an MK Extreme Edition or MK9 Extreme Arcade Edition Hello!

(Hopefully) never. Just because fewer people play online doesn't mean that the game is dead, there's an offline community you know. I've found out there were people in my town still playing this game and were interested in getting better, we have been getting together for some casuals. I've been playing this game for nearly a year and you don't hear me complain about not getting new contents.

Was it NRS that stop supporting MK9 or was it the so-called true MK fans?