Fourth DLC Character Revealed To Be Freddy Krueger

Yes but your basing that argument on half the population of this forum alone. I read another poll that said 54% said they'd buy him, 23% said no, and 27% said they didn't care. So your 'facts' are a little hard to take seriously at the moment. As for everyone flaming the forum, I wish I could have one intelligent argument with someone as to why they don't want Freddy in this game and why he shouldn't be in the game. Instead, everyone has been nerd raging and flying off the handle, face rolling their keyboard because they don't want an 'outsider' in this game.

Until solid facts are shown to me, your 'everyone on the forum no-likey freddy' argument is in void.
First off, I wasn't bashing Freddy at all, I dont know where you got that from. I just said that fans would have received Mk characters much better than Freddy. Here is one of the polls I was talking about.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/20124-Who-do-YOU-want-for-DLC

This poll however was made before rain was announced, so majority of votes went to him. Also although the new character option got about 86 votes, if that option was Freddy, im sure he would not have racked that much of votes.

EDIT: I would not have minded Freddy's inclusion in the game if it was done after some fan favorites like Tremor or Tanya. And yes, these characters have a huge fan base. Mk characters needs to be given their due first before guests start coming in is what I think.

Eitherways Im getting him cause he looks interesting=D.

Last edited:
I never remember saying you were bashing Freddy, I was referring to everyone else on the forum you are referring too, especially those who really, really, really don't want him in this game. Again, basing a statistical vote right now is really hard considering people's rage is some what diluting their minds at moment.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...SION-GOES-HERE?p=380297&highlight=#post380297

This was the one I was referring too. Just switch the 'I dont give a shit part' to compatibility pack only...or yes. :D

I thought I was the only sane one. Thank you for this.

No problem man. Here at Tremor's Realm of Mortal Kombat, theres gotta be a sane voice somewhere lol

And to the guy above me. I was born in 87. Im a huge fan of Nightmar eon Elm Street and Freddy. But I don't want Freddy in MK, and he DOES NOT fit Mortal Kombat, because...well simply put.

HE. ISN'T. A. MORTAL KOMBAT. CHARACTER.

What the eff? I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st. I wish I didn't buy the season pass. Even though this character is free I still don't want him. I honestly hope I can opt out of this character. I don't want him in my roster or in my arcade ladder.

It has been like this since MK1. Imagine Jean Claude Van Damme from bloodsport (Johnny) fighting David LoPan from Big Trouble in little China (Shang Tsung). Imagine Lightning from Big Trouble of Little China (Raiden) fighting Bruce Lee (Liu Kang). Now imagine Freddy (as Freddy because they managed to use the official licence) fighting the Predator (Sektor/Cyrax/CSZ).
The idea is that all of these characters (or character ideas) come from movies. I understand that some people have preferences and that they'd prefer Tanya, Fujin or even Tremor, but there is no need to be hostile against the character himself. He's not an alien in the MK world.

Yes he is. Theres a difference between inspired by, and the ACTUAL thing. Theres no way you can look at Freddy and think he fits 110% in the universe. You look and you KNOW it's Freddy Krueger, not...Grumlork the Dream Demon from the Dreamrealm.

Well, that kinda sucks. I think I would've rather had anyone from the MK universe, even unnecessary ninja #22.

I'd say buying the season pass was kind of a waste, but I would've bought the first three characters anyway, so it really wasn't. I'll still download him to see his fatalities and get the classic skins anyway, so what the hell.

Luckily, for everyone who doesn't want him in their game, he's a lot easier to ignore than Kratos. Avoid the compatibility pack and you won't even have to fight against him.

i really dont see y the hate is here who cares least freddy brings the fun element to the game so if u dont like it dont download it its that simple

Well, that kinda sucks. I think I would've rather had anyone from the MK universe, even unnecessary ninja #22.

Hahaha I agree with that. But I'm really not disappointed at all. I've watched those movies since I was young and the fact that xbox got one crossover character is fine with me. To me he'll be more of a fun character to kinda screw around with. I love his ground claw where it comes up under the opponent. I'm just glad it's not Tanya. I know alot of people wanted her but to be honest I'm kind of against female characters. I'll still screw around with them, but the only girl I've ever been serious was Sareena.

Either way I can't wait til August 9th, the people that hate it and are complaining about it can say what they want. It's worthy to some of us :)

Ha, I notice that Boon took down last night's tweet about how awesome the comic con response was to the reveal. I guess he was catching hell from more fans than just me over it.

Having purchased the season pass for 360, I don't feel as pissed about this. I'm essentially getting Freddy for free, instead of having to actually pay for guest character based on a supernatural child molester.

~rl

Luckily, for everyone who doesn't want him in their game, he's a lot easier to ignore than Kratos. Avoid the compatibility pack and you won't even have to fight against him.
But that's not fair to those who paid for him, and want to play as him online, but can't, simply because people haven't downloaded the compatibility packs.

But that's not fair to those who paid for him, and want to play as him online, but can't, simply because people haven't downloaded the compatibility packs.

It's not fair to those who paid for Skarlet/Kenshi/Rain/classic costumes either, but that's the nature of optional DLC, unfortunately. It's not like this is a unique problem that will only inconvenience Freddy fans.

I actually liked his moves his fatalities and x ray but what i don't like is the idea...the idea of having a guest character over cyber smoke the only remaining character from the golden age(and don't give me that ******** of how they changed the story so he can't be in), or how we got freddy over fujin, shinnok,reiko(**** tanya she sucks,). But not having robo smoke really hurt man, how can you bring back and revamp every single character from the originals and leave out one character? If he weren't popular and sucked ass then i would of understood, but shit he was one of the favorites in all of the games...again i like freddy and whatnot but the fact they put him in front of other loved mk characters is a punch in the gut to mk fans

AND i think we can all agree this is just a stupid marketing gimmick by NRS!

The only guest character i would approve of would be a character from Killer Instinct...Now that's a mother****ing guest character...

Last edited: