NEW IGN Ed Boon Inerview (Spoiler)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcCfOXrKvI

Spoiler is in the title if you clicked no ing.

Rain is pretty much decomfirmed

Lots of story details
NEW allity is not NEW

Thank you for sharing that video kind sir. My money is on BRUTALITIES returning. We already had Babalities return in MK9 so that leaves only Friendships and Animalities. Animalities would be cool... but I think BRUTALITIES were the best... as longggggggggggg as the person doesn't EXPLODE with a final uppercut as the final animation like it was back in the old days... but it would be so cool... as you are pressing the 10 button command (starting with the first hit) the camera angel starts going in a sort of 360 degree motion circling the two fighters as one delivers crushing blows to the other opponents already dazed and defeated body, and as soon as the 10th final hit is delivered of the chained command, the process will sort of repeat itself resulting in increased speed and slightly altered attacks with each hit, ending the loop with a final blow to finish off your opponent!

That would be cool. Think of how they use the camera angle in Li Mei's Punching bag Fatality in MK: Deception..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V0zr63rmOk

see how the camera kind of spins around the character but falls short about half way through, now think of that except a full 360 degree circle. but the camera only continues to rotate around as long as you are pressing the correct commands. if you screw up, your opponent simply falls down and it is a FAILED attempt! OH MY FRICKIN GOD!!!! I JUST realised something.... you know what would be EVEN BETTER?... If they brought back HARA-KIRI's!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!! And man... I like X-Rays and all, and they look cool... but it would be nice if MK had specials.. and not the Injustice type... im talking about specials like SOME characters they have in UMvsC3 and MvsC2.. you know like a really long intense combo that you can string in after a regular combo... Ahhhh... that would be fun. Or perhaps allowing the option of having either a special or an Xray after you select your character....

In the next few weeks we're gonna give an actual release date, month and day - that's the news I've been waiting for!

The release month of Injustice was announced in mid-september 2012 so I think it will be at the Gamestop Expo (Sept 9-10). Let's hope that they will stick with the usual timetable. Now I'm excited!

As long as the Animality isn't treated as a joke i'm fine with it... Although it just doesn't fit some people like raiden :/

As long as the Animality isn't treated as a joke i'm fine with it... Although it just doesn't fit some people like raiden :/

hahaha! what anime movie is your signature from? I would love to watch that. looks bloody GORYYYYYY!!!

hahaha! what anime movie is your signature from? I would love to watch that. looks bloody GORYYYYYY!!!

It's from the 3rd berserk movie, it's definitely one of the goriest franchises.. watch all 3 movies they're sick!
Also just to add something to my original comment, i would prefer brutalities over any other "Ality".

I guess the DLC characters from MK9 are not coming back if Rain is out?

I really liked kenshi and rain's fatalities from MK9 and would have liked them as DLC again especially rain. I'm glad Boon said they want to make way for characters that haven't got much love lately though, DLC is going to be interesting.

He is saying he is bringing back an old ality. He is NOT saying there will not be a new ality. I think there still will be a new ality.
The ality that is coming back. I hope it is Brutality. They were working on Brutalities for MK9 right? I thought someone read that in data files or something?

I think the question was if Rain will be DLC, Boon responds they haven't decided on the DLC characters yet and then says Rain WAS a DLC character in MK9 and proceeds to say his chances to be DLC now are lower because they wanna do as many new things as possible in MKX. as much as I know (and hate) how Rain hasn't been given a chance to shine, yet, I believe he still has chances to make the cut in the main roster now and Boon used this question to indicate that the DLC characters this time around won't be Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi. if those characters are not in the main roster either, their DLC chances are low

Can't watch the video, at work, what story details does he give away? I'd really appreciate if someone sums it up.

I guess the DLC characters from MK9 are not coming back if Rain is out?

He never said that.
He said that they won't be DLC for MK X, using Rain as an example.

I want Hara Kiri's. In a way, I think it can prevent some rage quits.

I don't want Hara-Kiri's to EVER come back.
A rage-quit means a win for me, and I hope to see more in MKX.
It just means that I'm whoopin' more ass.

The loser should never be able to do a finishing move.
That's the winner's prize for winning the match.
The only way that the loser should ever get another chance is if the winner gives him one with a "Mercy," which would also give the winner a chance at an Animality. 8)

Last edited:
Yeah, Hara Kiri my ass. That finisher was really... unsuitable.

How can you all be so weird???? Brutalities were the worst.... so boring and repetitive.
The best -ality has always been Hara Kiri, it´s not like one of you were saying that the loser performs the finisher move, it´s still the winner´s action, because he´s humiliating the loser in such way he prefers to end his life.

Another thing, the interview doesn´t confirm Rain is out from the main roster.... BUT c´mon!!!!!! Rain won´t be in..... that´s a fact. Even Sheeva has a better chance to return ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA really funny from you guys...

what allot of you are missing is that there will most likely be another reveal in 2 weeks and the release date!!!

The best -ality has always been Hara Kiri, it´s not like one of you were saying that the loser performs the finisher move, it´s still the winner´s action, because he´s humiliating the loser in such way he prefers to end his life.

No it's not the winner's action.
The loser performing the Hara-Kiri, is denying the winner a finisher.
It's the loser taking the coward's way out, and the loser shouldn't be allowed to do a finisher.

The ONLY way that I would like Hara-Kiri's in MKX is ONLY if the winner gets to input the code, and the loser kills himself or herself.