The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Part of the storyline. Actually fans of independent wrestling will realize that this is almost a shot for shot remake of the angle he did when he left ROH (Ring of Honor) to go to WWE. He was the champion and it was expected he would lose since everyone knew he was leaving the company, but he kept winning and the story was he was going to go to WWE with the belt.

Part of the storyline. Actually fans of independent wrestling will realize that this is almost a shot for shot remake of the angle he did when he left ROH (Ring of Honor) to go to WWE. He was the champion and it was expected he would lose since everyone knew he was leaving the company, but he kept winning and the story was he was going to go to WWE with the belt.

Which the storyline came to be known as the "Summer of Punk."

okay was this just a part of the storyline

or just him going batshit?

It would be nice if it were alittle bit of both. Idk, ethier way WWE needs this and Punk is the guy that everyone doesn't have to look at every ten seconds and wonder if he's a rip off of another wrestler. When he said all of that stuff it felt real and that's something that hasn't been felt for awhile.

Why would we need Colt to confirm it when Punk already said it?

It's pretty obvious that Punk wants to go back to ROH and this is the perfect time. He is a huge star and can easily bring ROH to the mainstream, which is what they want to do. Don't need Colt to confirm that.

i think we all can agree that when punk leaves the teletubies,barny,spongebob and elmo will run roughshot over every one in wwe so basically more of the same old same old.

Last edited:
Wow, Vince, way to set a stipulation that totally solidifies even more who is going to win the Cena/Punk match.

Not necessarily. It's the Money in the Bank PPV so Punk can win and one of the ladder match winners can cash in (Vince made it clear the stipulation is that Cena's fired if Punk walks out with the title, not just if he loses).

Or if they really wanted to keep people guessing, I would love it if all the above happened but the MITB winner actually loses when cashing it in. Then you'd have everyone tuning in to see what happened next.

Way to screw over Del Rio

f'n jerks

Don't be too hasty, he's still in the MITB match and Vince all but guaranteed one of them is beating the winner of Punk/Cena by stating that Cena would get fired if Punk walked out with the title. I expect Punk to win the match and then Vince will come out and demand one of the MITB winners cash in their briefcase immediately.

can't belive i didn't discover this thread sooner. i'm just gonna say real quick that my fav wrestler of all time the Undertaker.

I hope John Cena dies a horrible, horrible death on his way to Chicago.

John Cena killed whatever good promo CM Punk had going. And I agree with Punk all the way: Cena isn't an underdog anymore. In fact, Cena's one of the biggest "for the company" guys I've seen, so you know he's going to win everything in the end.

John Cena killed whatever good promo CM Punk had going. And I agree with Punk all the way: Cena isn't an underdog anymore. In fact, Cena's one of the biggest "for the company" guys I've seen, so you know he's going to win everything in the end.

i don't car for cena much. i got so much enjoyment out of watching him getting his ass kicked by the undertaker.

As pretty much others have said, the CM Punk stuff going on lately, is only interesting thing on RAW to me at least. R-Truth's little Jimmy stuff is funny but thats about it.