Demo bug: black line running from Scorpion/ Cage to offscreen.

This has happened many times for me. Even though I've read it's simply a problem in the demo, I've also read that it's the PS3 overheating, as the same problem has occurred in other games too. It only ever happens when I've been playing the demo for ages, and when I touch the PS3, it is indeed hot. It may be happening to a lot of us because we're all playing for very long periods of time, and the game is probably quite intensive. Apparently this symptom is a sign of the gfx chip overheating, and your PS3 can suffer permanent damage. But let's hope it's just the demo.

Other weird things I've experienced - extreme distortion of sound at the beginning of a round, announcer voice completely missing, and I've even experienced total freezing a few times, which forced me to to restart my PS3.

Apparently this symptom is a sign of the gfx chip overheating, and your PS3 can suffer permanent damage. But let's hope it's just the demo.

Other weird things I've experienced - extreme distortion of sound at the beginning of a round, announcer voice completely missing, and I've even experienced total freezing a few times, which forced me to to restart my PS3.
I think this may be the case. I replaced the thermal compound on my PS3 shortly after I got it with some Arctic silver, because the stock is crap, and I haven't experienced any of these anomalies, even after 5+ consecutive hours of play.

I've seen this as well. With so many different people having the same glitch/issue it seems as it is a problem with the demo itself and not hardware related. I'm sure this will be corrected in the final build, well I hope so anyway.

I haven't seen that issue yet. Granted, I haven't spent much time on the demo to find out. However, I did notice that changing the control configuration in the options menu doesn't do anything.

I've seen it and I don't play the demo longer than an hour at a time... so it wasn't caused by my unit overheating. Pretty sure it's just a glitch in the demo, not a system problem.

Has anybody ever seen this in the forest level??? I notice both the videos show it on the Pit... that's where it happened to me as well. Probably something to to with some geometry on the pit. Maybe when scropion gets knocked down in the corner his cloth gets "hung" on something over there and it causes the glitch???

I get that too. I have a PS3 Slim. It's not from over heating as it happens when I only play it for 30 minutes. Probably just a glitch that will be fixed in the final version.

Has anybody ever seen this in the forest level??? I notice both the videos show it on the Pit... that's where it happened to me as well. Probably something to to with some geometry on the pit. Maybe when scropion gets knocked down in the corner his cloth gets "hung" on something over there and it causes the glitch???

I got it on Living Forest as well.

the reason why those black things come out of scorpion is because the secret character is VENOM from spider-man, he's trapped inside scorpion's body trying to get out. nah im just playing lol to put some of u guys mind at ease i have the ps3 slim and that scorpion glitch happened within 20 minutes of me playing the demo. so is the demo not the ps3.

Last edited:
I haven't seen that issue yet. Granted, I haven't spent much time on the demo to find out. However, I did notice that changing the control configuration in the options menu doesn't do anything.
I thought so too, but it actually saves your changes to Preset 1.

When you select your character at thh screen, press Square to choose your preset configuration. Select 1.

(The presets are to save different control schemes so your friends don't have to keep changing it up every time they play. It's just not explained well in the demo.)

You need to press square in the character select screen and the change the default to 1. Hope that helps