MK HD Kollection

Re: mk hd dead? no hope?

Personally I too would love to see a Completely NEW Digitalized Mortal Kombat Game. Using all of todays state of the art technology. Maybe just maybe MK10 could be done this way. But I dont think we could be that lucky to be honest.

15-06-2011 there's your release! (this is the most recent updated date for this game!)
15th of june 2011 they will probably announce this game near the release of the New mortal kombat game that's planned for april 2011
My source a game store of wich i know the owner personally and showed me the list of updated releases voor 2011.

it was first planned for end 2010 but it's release date has been moved

15-06-2011 there's your release! (this is the most recent updated date for this game!)
15th of june 2011 they will probably announce this game near the release of the New mortal kombat game that's planned for april 2011
My source a game store of wich i know the owner personally and showed me the list of updated releases voor 2011.

it was first planned for end 2010 but it's release date has been moved

Sources?????

Sources?????

It's a wild guess, but I think that Gorch knows a guy at Nedgame (a chain of Dutch games stores). 15th June 2011 is the release date on their site:
http://www.nedgame.nl/mortal-kombat-hd-arcade-kompilation-ps3+ps3.html

I checked the site several times, but they keep changing the release date. First it said 15th November 2010, then 15-December 2010 and now it's June of next year.

I've found more Dutch sites where you can pre-order the HD Kollection, but Nedgame is the only one with this release date. Most sites removed the release date and some have it listed for Januari. A few examples:

http://www.bartsmit.com/ps3-mortal-kombat-hd-classics
http://www.12game.com/PS3/Mortal_Kombat_HD_Arcade_Kompilation.aspx
http://www.gcshop.nl/PS3/Mortal_Kombat_HD_Arcade_Kompilation.aspx

It occurred to me that the whole reason for the delay could be simply because there is no satisfactory MK9 demo at this point.

Think about it, MK9's initial release date was around this time of year, if I'm not mistaken. If MKHD is being used in part to promote MK9 with the included demo, it makes sense that it would've been released a month or so before it (but announced earlier than that). Due to the delay of MK9, MKHD has also been delayed. The various stores that had MKHD available for pre-order could have been working off outdated information (when MK9's release was still scheduled for 2010) and just assumed MKHD had already been announced. In which case, were notified of the change and took it down.

You might say why not just release it without the demo? I'd say for whatever reason they included it in the first place, I just assume it's important to them.

Anyway this is all just speculation of course, but thought I might bring it up and read some responses.

It occurred to me that the whole reason for the delay could be simply because there is no satisfactory MK9 demo at this point.

Think about it, MK9's initial release date was around this time of year, if I'm not mistaken. If MKHD is being used in part to promote MK9 with the included demo, it makes sense that it would've been released a month or so before it (but announced earlier than that). Due to the delay of MK9, MKHD has also been delayed. The various stores that had MKHD available for pre-order could have been working off outdated information (when MK9's release was still scheduled for 2010) and just assumed MKHD had already been announced. In which case, were notified of the change and took it down.

You might say why not just release it without the demo? I'd say for whatever reason they included it in the first place, I just assume it's important to them.

Anyway this is all just speculation of course, but thought I might bring it up and read some responses.

Well, if the hold up is providing a demo of MK9, they'll have to release it pretty damn soon. No sense in releasing a demo for a game that's already been released (assuming the 06/2011 date is true). I still feel that 11/16 would have been an ideal date if MK9 is due 04/2011. That would have been nearly 6 months between games. If you release them too close to each other, it'll be a disaster for sales (unless MKHD is going to be $15-$20, which I can't imagine). Either way, WB or NRS should have said something by now. I'm beginning to think they've decided to postpone the release until maybe this time next year, so they have something in between MK9 and MK10.

Well, if the hold up is providing a demo of MK9, they'll have to release it pretty damn soon. No sense in releasing a demo for a game that's already been released (assuming the 06/2011 date is true). I still feel that 11/16 would have been an ideal date if MK9 is due 04/2011. That would have been nearly 6 months between games. If you release them too close to each other, it'll be a disaster for sales (unless MKHD is going to be $15-$20, which I can't imagine). Either way, WB or NRS should have said something by now. I'm beginning to think they've decided to postpone the release until maybe this time next year, so they have something in between MK9 and MK10.

All valid points, but to offer an alternative, a reason for including the demo and releasing the game a month before MK9 could be to attract more attention for both games. To elaborate, riding the hype for MK9 (and taking advantage of the anticipation for its release) to boost sales for MKHD outside the hardcore fanbase, and at the same to further promote MK9 for its upcoming release. A 6 month gap is a lot of time for people to lose interest, but a demo for a game coming out in the following month keeps it fresh.

I can't say I'm sure of any idea I have about its release, and I don't doubt it's possible MKHD may be released after MK9 now. But I do think that would decrease MKHD sales, as every one other than us will be too occupied with MK9. I know I'll be stuck right into it too.

All valid points, but to offer an alternative, a reason for including the demo and releasing the game a month before MK9 could be to attract more attention for both games. To elaborate, riding the hype for MK9 (and taking advantage of the anticipation for its release) to boost sales for MKHD outside the hardcore fanbase, and at the same to further promote MK9 for its upcoming release. A 6 month gap is a lot of time for people to lose interest, but a demo for a game coming out in the following month keeps it fresh.

I can't say I'm sure of any idea I have about its release, and I don't doubt it's possible MKHD may be released after MK9 now.

If MKHD were to cost $15 and be released on PSN (minus the demo), then I could see it being released as late as even a week before MK9. $15 isn't that much and most people waiting for the release of MK9 would most likely bite. If the game is going to cost between $30 and $40, as has been rumored, it's hard to imagine it being released a couple months before or after MK9. For someone buying only the MK9 standard edition, it would be about $100 in a couple months on 2 games. For some, that'd be no big deal (i.e. those who are buying standard, KE and TE from every store, lol). For other, average consumers, that's pretty steep. Not saying it couldn't happen, but from a business standpoint, I don't see WB going down that road.

If MKHD were to cost $15 and be released on PSN (minus the demo), then I could see it being released as late as even a week before MK9. $15 isn't that much and most people waiting for the release of MK9 would most likely bite. If the game is going to cost between $30 and $40, as has been rumored, it's hard to imagine it being released a couple months before or after MK9. For someone buying only the MK9 standard edition, it would be about $100 in a couple months on 2 games. For some, that'd be no big deal (i.e. those who are buying standard, KE and TE from every store, lol). For other, average consumers, that's pretty steep. Not saying it couldn't happen, but from a business standpoint, I don't see WB going down that road.

A selling point is that it is a 3 in 1 collection though. And perhaps they would sell each game individually on PSN, much like the GoW 1&2 HD collection. Can't believe I managed to bring up GoW in this thread LOL, sorry about that...

It's a wild guess, but I think that Gorch knows a guy at Nedgame (a chain of Dutch games stores). 15th June 2011 is the release date on their site:
http://www.nedgame.nl/mortal-kombat-hd-arcade-kompilation-ps3+ps3.html

I checked the site several times, but they keep changing the release date. First it said 15th November 2010, then 15-December 2010 and now it's June of next year.

I've found more Dutch sites where you can pre-order the HD Kollection, but Nedgame is the only one with this release date. Most sites removed the release date and some have it listed for Januari. A few examples:

http://www.bartsmit.com/ps3-mortal-kombat-hd-classics
http://www.12game.com/PS3/Mortal_Kombat_HD_Arcade_Kompilation.aspx
http://www.gcshop.nl/PS3/Mortal_Kombat_HD_Arcade_Kompilation.aspx

correct but i also know some other people who are known with gameworld.
and people working a e-plaza they al say the game is not canceld only set for a later release after mortal kombat 2011.
this game is there flagship and needs to get full attention!

after that this remake of 1 2 3 ultimate is officially being anouched!

and sorry for not posting any sources! hope this makes up my mistake!

and morbyr you scare me! you know about me brrr.
that's one thing i can't use at the moment. since i'm monitored 24/7 at the moment for my feelings :(

I'm still a little wary about getting the new MK, but I'm a HUGE fan of MKII & UMK3, so this would be PERFECT for me. I'm gonna get MKHD regardless of the demo, but a demo would solidify me (not) buying the new MK game. The Kollection without the demo would easily be worth $40 to me.

correct but i also know some other people who are known with gameworld.
and people working a e-plaza they al say the game is not canceld only set for a later release after mortal kombat 2011.
this game is there flagship and needs to get full attention!

after that this remake of 1 2 3 ultimate is officially being anouched!

and sorry for not posting any sources! hope this makes up my mistake!

and morbyr you scare me! you know about me brrr.
that's one thing i can't use at the moment. since i'm monitored 24/7 at the moment for my feelings :(

No need to be scared of me, friend :)
I simply noticed that you're Dutch (and so am I) and you mentioned a release date of 15 June 2011. There's only one Dutch shop I know of that has the game listed for that date. So, I just assumed your source was Nedgame and tried to back up your previous post because you didn't list any sources, that's all.

(off-topic, and possibly a bit too personal) I have to ask... What did you mean by "being monitored 24/7 for your feelings" ? Sounds serious. I can understand if you don't wish to elaborate, yet I'm interested in your story. But, i guess this is not the right place to talk about personal issues. You can PM me (in dutch or english) about this if you like.

Still.... wouldn't it be an epic Christmas (or Kristmas?) present? :p

Would be christmas every day with MKHD @ home!!! :p

I've seen the 06-2011 date here in The Netherlands, but I think a pre MK9 date is more likely. They don't want people to jump over to MKHD after playing 2 months of MK9. It's more likely (and wise imo) to use MKHD as a promotion for MK9. That said, I'm well aware that at this point nothing is certain and it actually might come out 06-2011...its all speculation

At this point, I'm like: "F*** the Kollection, just give me an MK 9 demo."

Did you see what the official Mortal Kombat account tweeted this morning? Basically, someone said they wanted an MK9 demo before Christmas otherwise they'd decapitate Santa (lol... yikes!). The MK Twitter account responded, "Sorry Santa." So, sadly, it looks like we definitely will not be getting an MK9 demo before Christmas. Honestly, while I didn't expect it, I thought it might be possible. Damn.

Did you see what the official Mortal Kombat account tweeted this morning? Basically, someone said they wanted an MK9 demo before Christmas otherwise they'd decapitate Santa (lol... yikes!). The MK Twitter account responded, "Sorry Santa." So, sadly, it looks like we definitely will not be getting an MK9 demo before Christmas. Honestly, while I didn't expect it, I thought it might be possible. Damn.

I hear ya man.

I know that the MK team has NEVER given us demos in the past, but with MK 9 being a "revival" of the franchise, I was hoping that they would. :-(

Tell me I am not the only one who doesn't care about a demo. Or at least in the minority?
MKHD OTOH I care a lot, I wish it was officially confirmed so I can start my "happy dance ritual" and get that out of the way.

I hear ya man.

I know that the MK team has NEVER given us demos in the past, but with MK 9 being a "revival" of the franchise, I was hoping that they would. :-(

Instead, they are releasing the UMK3 in the iphone. I bet that's what the Kollection would look like.