Unmasked Sub-Zero Discussion

Re: MK3 Sub Zero coming with Freddy?

You guys are WAY too picky! Can't wait for the new skins and I'll even give Freddy a try even though I wanted another MK guy.

I like what they've done with this costume, giving Sub-Zero a standard MK3 ninja costume and removing the hood. It's a good compromise between the character's two designs from that game.

SUBZEROUMK3.gif
SUBZEROII.gif

Mostly, I'm just glad that I won't be completely disappointed with the downloads on 9 August.

Last edited:
i don't see Cyber Sub having a good one.
The self-Destruct fatality?
This part of your post reminded me of my favorite part of Fujin's MK4 ending (other than the very end):

Raiden to Fujin: "Take special care in the mortals of Earthrealm. They are a great people, but have the ability to self-destruct."

LOL

Its supposed to be his MK3 unmasked costume. But they clearly took a UMK3 masked male ninja, unmasked him, and maybe slightly modified the torso protector to look more like the unmasked Sub-Zero costume from MK3.

Its just weird because all of the other klassic costumes so far have been almost 100% faithful recreations of the original costumes.

Nevermind NRS intentions, he's now closest to the MK4 alternate Sub-Zero. Disapointment.
IMHO the coolest unmasked Subby was in Deadly Alliance.

Nevermind NRS intentions, he's now closest to the MK4 alternate Sub-Zero. Disapointment.
IMHO the coolest unmasked Subby was in Deadly Alliance.

Deadly Alliance unmasked Sub Zero was a badass he was older looking and had the cyromancer arms it made him seem more experienced

I hope they show more unmasked characters such as Kabal. I just wish they would do more interesting looks. Hopefully they will come up with more packs soon. Maybe they should make Cyber Smoke a pack? That would be very interesting!

Do you think they will make old outfited Sonya Blade and Jax!??!?!?!?!? I hope they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: unmasked sub confirmed

Sweetness! First freddy, That was the dawn of amazement, now UMK Sub zero?! My Kombat life just keeps gettin' better and better!
+Rep for the find.

Looks awful IMO. Give him a mask and a hood and we will be awesome. I just cant see SZ unmasked...

I hope they realese UMK3 masked SZ too, though MK9 SZ is superior to all the costumes he ever had. I love the silver stuff on it.

My 2 cents =)

I wish dude, If I had that, I would tag team Scorp & Subby-Z All the time!
Lets gather together and hope.

That would look pretty awesome. I mean, it's Sub-Zero. What other costume are they going to release alongside his?

Wow I actually really like that costume for an unmasked sub. I used to hate the fact that he was even in the damn game in UMK3...

Until I realized how good he was and how easy to morph from Shang Tsung when you need a relaxing morph.

Morph: F,D,F+HP
Combo: HP,HP,LP,LK,HK, B+HK
Fatality: BL,BL,RN,BL,RN

all within 5 seconds

Anyone else used to do this?
Probably not...lol sorry

Can't wait for the costume, hope he's faster than regular sub

That would look pretty awesome. I mean, it's Sub-Zero. What other costume are they going to release alongside his?

A certain 'Someone' said that Robo-Smoke was confirmed on Gamefaqs, but I don't trust them after I quit that forum long ago.
VOTE FOR UMK3 SCORP!

A certain 'Someone' said that Robo-Smoke was confirmed on Gamefaqs, but I don't trust them after I quit that forum long ago.
VOTE FOR UMK3 SCORP!

Yeah, I heard this rumor as well. It just won't make any sense to have a Robo-Smoke released with Sub-Zero. Scorpion would be the obvious choice, but I honestly wouldn't be surprise if it happened. I mean, most of us expected Fujin or Tremor to be the next DLC character. It turned out to be Freddy.

The point is, just be prepared for a surprise.

Wow I actually really like that costume for an unmasked sub. I used to hate the fact that he was even in the damn game in UMK3...

Until I realized how good he was and how easy to morph from Shang Tsung when you need a relaxing morph.

Morph: F,D,F+HP
Combo: HP,HP,LP,LK,HK, B+HK
Fatality: BL,BL,RN,BL,RN

all within 5 seconds

Anyone else used to do this?
Probably not...lol sorry

Can't wait for the costume, hope he's faster than regular sub

SZ doesnt need to be faster.

Unmasked SZ and now unmasked Scorpion? stop unmasking the ninjas...

Though if the main costumes are masked in future games too then im happy.

EDIT - There are rumors of classic Kabal coming along with SZ.

Last edited: