Spammers?

Re: Great Way To Limit Spam.

i agree and disagree. some characters dont need to use specials constantly. characters like liu kang, skarlet' and raiden dont need to spap specials because the have many combos and mixups. so thats y i agree, i disagree because some characters DO need specials to win..and the need to use them alot. noob and sindel are perfect examples. their normals SUCK. but they make up for it by being the best two zoners in the game because of their specials. abusing specials are apart of their gameplay strategy. i dont approve of it tho..but hey. this game is built around specials
Sindel is one of my best characters and I hardly use specials with her. She has a massive amout of combos.

Sindel is one of my best characters and I hardly use specials with her. She has a massive amout of combos.

i would love to fight you then lol. i hate fighting sindels who jus spam fireballs and flipkicks all day. i use her too and i have pretty nice mixups with her..especially with her flight cancel

i would love to fight you then lol. i hate fighting sindels who jus spam fireballs and flipkicks all day. i use her too and i have pretty nice mixups with her..especially with her flight cancel
I've never used her flight move. I use the hair whip every now and then, but thats it.

Maybe a way could be cuting the damage by half, after the 10th special move or projectile done in a row ...... after the 20th, the damage could be cut again, doing only 25% of the original damage .......

Maybe a way could be cuting the damage by half, after the 10th special move or projectile done in a row ...... after the 20th, the damage could be cut again, doing only 25% of the original damage .......
Thats a good idea. Maybe if you use it a certain amout of times in a round.

i kno theres a fighting game out that has this technique...but i cant think of it. its a good idea...but i doubt it'll happen

I never said I have trouble with spammers. All I said was they should put a bar in to limit it. Ermac & Smoke are the only people that I find difficult to avoid. You bad. You probably use one of those characters and spam the shit out of everybody with them, then talk shit because you think your good. Im done. Your trash. You smell like shit and you are shit.
Ermac and Smoke need their specials because it is the BnB for most of their combos, if not all of them. If you've ever played Smoke (of whom I am practicing at the moment) or Ermac (who is my 3rd best chracter) you would know that their specials are the essential 'openeing and closing' of about 80% of their best combos. 'Spamming' their combos is used by newer players for their lack of knowledge in combining longer stringed combos, thus 90% of their success relies on newer player's lack of knowledge on how to counter spam, thus rewarding them for their lack of effort. Smoke and Ermac, especially Ermac, are very techincal characters surprisingly, and using their limited arsenal of both combos and specials to create something larger and catch their opponent off gaurd is what I like about them the most. To limit their ability to use specials, or to hamper them in any way that would cause them to limited in the timing and amount of specials they are allowed to use is ludacris at best. It would be wise to play as these characters OR practice more against them before throwing them under the bus as 'Special Spammers'. You make them sound is if they are hallow shells who have no other dignified position in this game other than to teleport and harass people with their special moves, which is so far from the truth it's unreal.

Meh it worked in MK3....

Yes, it worked in MK3....or did it? If it worked so well in MK3, why was it not introduced to MK9? Why would such an incredible tool so readily be disposed of if it were so invaluable? Pure nonsense.

I obviously get how the game works if my ranked record is 500+ with a little more than 100 loses. Constantly blocking will give them the oppur. to gain more enhanced moves and such. With most special move spammers, they will wait for you which makes it even worse.

I would love to meet someone with a 500-100 record who could dominate the greatest of Liu Kang's combo strings, but falls prey to Scorpion's constant teleportation. Laughable at best, but I admire your gusto.

1) spamming (i.e. "zoning") is integral to certain "keep-away" characters' strategies, such as Noob Saibot. this fact itself should outright discredit the possibility of such an "anti-spam" meter even existing in mk

2) No one's integrity should be gauged/discredited because of the means they use to achieve victory. if someone beats you using spam, then that should be more of a reflection of your own skill as a player, or rather, your lack of ability to overcome that spam. Granted, it can be annoying, but the prospect of attempting to "limit" spam is futile, so it's better to get used to it and learn to defend and punish.

3) Threads are meant for discussion, not name-calling, and tests of machismo keep it clean people

I agree with all of these points, especially 2 and ESPECIALLY 3. If the player constantly spams and wins, it means two things. One, that player's lack of knowledge of either their character or the game is remarkable, hence forth why they spam; using specials to obtain victory is all they know how to do. And two, if you constantly fall pray to spammers, it means the quality of your gameplay is especially poor and needs a fine tune up. Everyone has succumbed to a spammer at one point in time. But, learning how to deal with it is what seperates the good from the bad players.

Shameless Plug: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...erence-Between-Zoning-and-Spamming?highlight=

You probably have 5 trophies. All you play is MK and I still could spank that ass. Just send me a message on PSn and we can handle this when I get on.

Since when did useless PSN trophies = skill level? Half the time I don't even know when or if I get the damn things. xD

Seriously, come on guys I originally just wanted to see some productive discussion over the whole meter thing,

Starting a rational, flame-less discussion is almost impossible when the most immature and hot-headed players clash together. The forum is meant to be a fountain of knowledge, and instead is poisoned by the words of those who claim to know more than the other, and the only people who suffer or the people who come to this forum actually seeking advice and help. It's a damn shame really, but it's reality, and there's always going to be that one person that sets everything off like a bomb. No way of hiding from it, just dealing with it as it comes along and trying to focus back on topic if you can.

Another shameless plug here: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/23366-The-Player-s-Help-Guide?highlight=

The idea was in fact not a bad one, because it did work in mk3 and it could possibly work here. It isn't a plea for "oh stop juggles cuz i sux at blocking and im not a pro and noob saibot keeps killing me" its more of an idea that can turn into a useful perk in the near future. This said meter can potentially put a limit on how frequent moves that chip at the life meter are used. No it wouldn't shut down all of Noob's Game partly because Noob keeps the character at Bay and this proposed meter would prevent the user from straying off of the zoning mechanism towards a spamming style of play. The meter thing was just misunderstood by the OPs continous trolling.

'Spamming' his specials in-fact is what keep Noob's enemies away from him, aka zoning, though people never seem to be able to tell the difference.

The meter would infact destroy Noob Saibout since his survival is based on his continuous use of his specials. Of course people over-abuse it, but as you made the comparison to the meter's usefulness being compromised by the OP's trolling, so too should you consider people who 'spam' Noob's shadow are ruining the concept of his zoning game. All in all, the meter is a bad idea.

IN CONCLUSION: Each character is based on a different architype, and some types are more dependent on specials than others. Sure, some cool downs or tweaks could be used on certain specials to not make them feel like they have some 'invisible curtain' over them making them almost untouchable, but to have a meter implemented where it put limitations on your timing and usage of specials seems ill-concieved, since it would put almost every character into the same architype, i.e. rushdown.melee characters with a few projecticles thrown in for good show. Each character is supposed to be used differently, based on their strengths and weaknesses. To make it to where the one's that do heavily realiy on specials, only to have that stripped from them by implementing a 'non spam' meter defeats the purpose of that character's fighting idendity, thus rendering them not useless, but bland cooki cutter substitues for other characters. If you hate spam, I suggest you seek the necessary practice in order to counter it effectively.

Last edited:

awe another death dealing blow buy willson

but i have to agree as a average to good player i use baraka and kano.

baraka would be demolished if he couldn't do his AA spin or wake up ex dash. or if it took away his combo cancel's it would be like nerfing his speed back to it's original pace.

kano would be not as viable in real tight situations like whenever he's stuck in the corner a special meter would greatly hinder any hope of him getting free with out fear of being punished .

Last edited:

I don't know about you guys but I'm definitely tired of being killed the same way by the same character over and over without being able to do anything about it because somehow they always hit you before you hit them and they keep repeating the same g*dd*mn loop over and over.

omg everyday the same shit..
if i play a spammer, and he has lot of lag, i quit because dont make sense
if not lag, i counter him, with my mains or do a counterpic

1- a spammer has no brain, eazy task :D, my kano take care of it! :D
2- if the spammer is very good fighter, well, thats allways a great game, but very annoying :D

If they completly redid some chArs from the ground up it could work. Noob/ermac/shang tsung etc. Otherwise shitty idea is shitty. Also it swould make the game boring. Its real purpose would be for players that 1) suck at blocking 2) suck at jumping and 3) wants to show off there leet kombo skills!!!! /yawn

Guys, there is no reason to be rude....calm down and stop insulting each other....if you think it is a dumb idea, cool, just find a mature way to express it without being nasty about it.

~Thanks =)

I've practiced with every character and I'm pretty sure you can escape everything in this game. If somebody gets trapped in a spam fest, is it the game's fault for allowing it or is it the players fault for not going into training and finding the way out?

That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

All I have to say is if u cannot get past noobs zoning with properly timed jumps and dashblocks then I imagine u failed your critical thinking test in your public school with 95 in the graduating class.

But again if u completly redesign the chars it could worfk. Id probably get bored with it but just plain punches/kicks I find boring. My opinion obviously!