Mortal Kombat X Announcer

MK9

Hellooooooooooooooo everyone! I was wondering if you guys miss the way the announcer would say Excellent, Outstanding, Superb, Welldone, a few different variations of a dark deep toned laugh (Muahahaha!), etc... I MISS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH!!! I haven't heard the announcer say anything in the past few MK games... in fact not since MK4, well minus MK: Shaolin Monks..... Speaking of which... MK:SM had the BEST announcer IMO! Anyways, do you guys think the announcer will make it back other then saying the typical "Fight, rounds.. , character names, wins, flawless, and fatalities"??? Also, do you think the same announcer from MK9 will do the announcing for MKX?... I would love to know your thoughts ppl :)

Yes that used to creep me out as a kid... especially that elder gods arena in MK4 hahaha
If they do bring it back, i think it would only be for arenas like Wind World and the elder gods arena.
I just don't think they would implement it for arenas like the new jungle one etc.
With that being said it would be nice to hear it in the outworld market hahaha

I want the old announcer Steve Ritchie back! His voice still gives me chills. I don't like the announcer's voice in MKDA-MK9.

I want the old announcer Steve Ritchie back! His voice still gives me chills. I don't like the announcer's voice in MKDA-MK9.
Sadly, Steve Ritchie's days of voice acting are over due to hearing issues. He was diagnosed with tinnitus recently and was projected to go completely deaf by 2013.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Hellooooooooooooooo everyone! I was wondering if you guys miss the way the announcer would say Excellent, Outstanding, Superb, Welldone, a few different variations of a dark deep toned laugh (Muahahaha!), etc... I MISS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH!!! I haven't heard the announcer say anything in the past few MK games... in fact not since MK4, well minus MK: Shaolin Monks..... Speaking of which... MK:SM had the BEST announcer IMO! Anyways, do you guys think the announcer will make it back other then saying the typical "Fight, rounds.. , character names, wins, flawless, and fatalities"??? Also, do you think the same announcer from MK9 will do the announcing for MKX?... I would love to know your thoughts ppl :)
Yes, the announcer from MK9 (I think it's Jamieson Price, though I am not 100% sure) has returned for MKX. You can hear it in the E3 Trailer and in Raiden and Kano's trailers :)

Sadly, Steve Ritchie's days of voice acting are over due to hearing issues. He was diagnosed with tinnitus recently and was projected to go completely deaf by 2013.

On top of that, people are forgetting that Shao Kahn may not even BE in MKX, so it would be dumb to have Shao Kahn as the announcer's voice.
I'd rather the announcer voice for MKX be that of Shinnok, Kotal Kahn or whoever the final boss for MKX is.

Jamieson Price IS back as the announcer for this game. I've always loved his work (Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors, Noob Saibot/Bi-Han in MK9), but I thought his voice as an announcer would be to growly/raspy. However, it has grown on me. But yeah, I am hoping the "excellent, outstanding, well done, superb, etc." is back during matches.

For me the best will always be the original Shao Kahn from MK2 and specially MK3/UMK3.

Since MK4 the announcer became unknown. On MK9 it was Shao Kahn, though the voices of him acting and announcing were different (much like Scorpion), it's a little bit strange if it's the same announcer on MKX, unless we get that "We wanted to be Shao Kahn announcing, but then it tourned out to be this guy here".

Like Trash said, Steve Richie is basically deaf now, otherwise I guarantee Ed and Co. would be having him do the voice. He really was the best ever.

I'd like to see whoever the big bad is be the announcer. It always made since Shao Kahn being the announcer of MKII, MK3, MKSM, MK9.

Who was the announcer for MK1 though? It sounded like a telephone voice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Ed Boon. My girlfriend found the MK1 announcers voice funny after she had heard me plying the others for years. My favorite with the first 2. Steve Ritchie didn't sound like Shao Kahn on Shaolin Monks either.

For me the best will always be the original Shao Kahn from MK2 and specially MK3/UMK3.

Since MK4 the announcer became unknown. On MK9 it was Shao Kahn, though the voices of him acting and announcing were different (much like Scorpion), it's a little bit strange if it's the same announcer on MKX, unless we get that "We wanted to be Shao Kahn announcing, but then it tourned out to be this guy here".

Quan Chi was the MK4 announcer