Street Fighter X Tekken

not really, i read that you can turn them off on/offline, but you just have to agree with your opponent before you fight, im guessing they will do that at tournaments.

It's not fair if one player has practice with a gem that the other doesn't. That's why console exclusive characters are always banned. And there are no Non-gem lobbies in the game for online. You can pick no Gems but your opponent doesn't have to. Having to pre-order the game from 3 different stores to get a game with all Gems is ridiculous. People might counter pick Gems too. When you play online your opponent knows what type of gem your character has but they don't know how they activate. At tourneys there going to see them pick the gem so I think they might be banned. I hope they're not but they definitely have to ban pre-order Gems if they aren't available as DLC for everyone. I think only the 57 Gems that come with the game will be legal.

It's not fair if one player has practice with a gem that the other doesn't. That's why console exclusive characters are always banned. And there are no Non-gem lobbies in the game for online. You can pick no Gems but your opponent doesn't have to. Having to pre-order the game from 3 different stores to get a game with all Gems is ridiculous. People might counter pick Gems too. When you play online your opponent knows what type of gem your character has but they don't know how they activate. At tourneys there going to see them pick the gem so I think they might be banned. I hope they're not but they definitely have to ban pre-order Gems if they aren't available as DLC for everyone. I think only the 57 Gems that come with the game will be legal.

Or you can just get the special edition that has every DLC gem included. I think the gem worries are extremely played out. The whole subject doesn't merit the attention its drawn. I think the gems are an awesome idea the whole genre needs innovations but when it gets it people freak out about the change its sad.

Or you can just get the special edition that has every DLC gem included. I think the gem worries are extremely played out. The whole subject doesn't merit the attention its drawn. I think the gems are an awesome idea the whole genre needs innovations but when it gets it people freak out about the change its sad.

I talked to guys at Game Stop. According to them Game Stop has Gems that the special edition does not have (They have offensive Gems, best Buy has defensive). I'm not worried about gems I'm worried about gems that are hard to find. For example if a top player uses a set of Gems that defines him and the PS3 at EVO doesn't have that gem because they bought there game at Walmart that's kinda ridiculous. Also please stop with the condescending tone it's not "sad" that I think per-order only Gems will cause problems in tournament play.

the special edition comes with two Gem Packs the Iron Fist and Cross Arts - 27 gems total!

If you pre-order from Game Stop you get The Worrier Gem Pack.

If you pre-order from Amazon you get another unique gem pack

Here's a link to look at all the GEMS

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...standard_and_pre-order_gems_listed,_explained

Last edited:
I talked to guys at Game Stop. According to them Game Stop has Gems that the special edition does not have (They have offensive Gems, best Buy has defensive). I'm not worried about gems I'm worried about gems that are hard to find. For example if a top player uses a set of Gems that defines him and the PS3 at EVO doesn't have that gem because they bought there game at Walmart that's kinda ridiculous. Also stop with the condescending tone please it's not "sad" that I think per-order only Gems shouldn't be allowed in tournament play.

It is kinda sad. The gameplay isn't centered around the gems from what I've seen they don't impact gameplay that much I have yet to see a gem set that would assure absolute victory. It's all about complimenting your play style. I hate that the community had a freakout over something this trivial(and I said community so stop taking it personally).

It is kinda sad. The gameplay isn't centered around the gems from what I've seen they don't impact gameplay that much I have yet to see a gem set that would assure absolute victory. It's all about complimenting your play style. I hate that the community had a freakout over something this trivial(and I said community so stop taking it personally).

I'm happy the gems are in the game. I'm just saying that if the store pre-order Gems don't become DLC then they shouldn't be allowed in tourneys because not everyone has access to them.

I'm happy the gems are in the game. I'm just saying that if the store pre-order Gems don't become DLC then they shouldn't be allowed in tourneys because not everyone has access to them.

If history has taught us anything they will be DLC. Capcom as much as I love them, I acknowledge that they will not miss an opportunity to make money. And the special edition comes with all the exclusive gems the only difference is that the special edition get the preorder cross arts pack.

If history has taught us anything they will be DLC. Capcom as much as I love them, I acknowledge that they will not miss an opportunity to make money. And the special edition comes with all the exclusive gems the only difference is that the special edition get the preorder cross arts pack.

the World Warrior Pack, the Iron Curtain Pack, and the Lightning Legs Pack are all store exclusive while the special edition comes with the King of Iron Fist Pack and the Cross Arts Pack (if you pre-order).

It's all here >>>> http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...standard_and_pre-order_gems_listed,_explained

I am not a fan of the gem system, give players all the assist gems they want with the decreased damage output. That is actually a good idea, that makes it where I can play with a friend who is terrible at fighting games and he might like it to some degree.

The dmg & speed boost gems you get from blocking 5 times are going to be good for everyone, you can't be remotely good at a fighting game without block no matter what your play style is.

I'm getting this for the PS3 for sure, I might get this for the Vita as well, but I have to really like the game. The CGI trailers are really nice, but it doesn't feel like a Tekken game, it looks more like SF4 with Tekken characters. Not sure if I'm into the gem system or not, if the gems are well received, what will they add next? Create your own fighter? I hope not.

One thing for sure, I will never spend extra $$$ for gems.

sorry for taking up so much space but here are the GEMs that come with the game.

fc8b253591b8400c63e1d683f0fb980e.png

I'm getting this for the PS3 for sure, I might get this for the Vita as well, but I have to really like the game. The CGI trailers are really nice, but it doesn't feel like a Tekken game, it looks more like SF4 with Tekken characters. Not sure if I'm into the gem system or not, if the gems are well received, what will they add next? Create your own fighter? I hope not.

One thing for sure, I will never spend extra $$$ for gems.
Lets hope we can play sfxt and not like kof which we could't even connect...

I hate how backwards the fighting game community can be sometimes. Innovations make a genre better and gems are a part of that progression. Let's wait till the game is in our hands before we pass judgment on the system instead of freaking out at the notion of change.