Spammers?

Spamming in fighting games is similar to camping in FPS games. There is no RIGHT way to play the game, I think. That's simply the way that person chooses the play the game, it is their strategy to spam.

My opinion of spamming is that it can be very annoying depending on the character used to do so, but if a person loses to a spammer, in most cases they are no better than the spammer for not being able to adapt to the situation and counter them.

this is why games exist. even morons can feel good about themselves for a minute.

I really don't like spammers. I only spam against a spammer :p Then wait a bit to see if they send rage mail at me :D And since I play as Sektor (And it's impossible for me to have been the spammer btw :p ) it's really really easy to just get them when they're down.

I agree that spammers are lame. But then again a win is a win. If the person is going to continually spam a move then you know what the move is. If you can't modify your strategy then it's no ones fault but our own to lose to a spammer. I would like to see more skill in the game rather than block and uppercut, block and counter, fireball and block. I like to see exciting games where people unleash great combos. But there will always be people who rely on simple moves to secure victories. But like I say, if it's in the game you can't fault someone for using it. Even though it's again and again and again.

Gotta say that spammers are just people waiting to get beat. Usually if you able to get close to them they will try and teleport, in which case you can destroy their faces. The only spammers I worry about are Raiden, and Reptile. Mainly because if there is any lag at all their is no way to block and punish them before they hit you with their damn dashes! I don't even waste time being mad at them. They aren't impressive, and they won't get a cookie at the end. So **** em!

Tittiemcnuggets go best with ranch.

Sweet N Sour please...

I just don't understand certain Smoke spammers. It seems like most Noob players at least know his bnb combo. I can't tell you how many Smoke spammers I've played where ALL they did was the teleport. You would think after losing the first round they would at least try something different.

Spamming ~ All Spam Related Discussion Goes Here

I've read a few threads regarding spamming, and most people's advice/counter to the argument is either 'learn to play' or 'study/counter/punish'. With some characters in this regard that makes sense, but in other circumstances in just straight up sucks the fun out of the game. I know people are going to try to do whatever they need to do to win, but there comes a point where it's just straight up annoying, and it takes no strategy on their part and your part as well.

For example, I was playing a match against someone who picked Smoke, and I picked Johnny Cage. It was all well and good until he started spamming teleport like crazy, and when he wasnt teleporting, he was throwing smoke bombs which lead to...more teleporting. It's not even so much about winning or technique, but its not fun when your either spamming or the one being spammed when you have to narrow your gameplay down to 1-2 different moves in order to win. The guy spamming may be having the time of his life, but for me it gets boring when all Im doing is jumping or ducking then following up with uppercuts or something in order to get him to back off. I'm not super-pro status on this game yet, so I haven't mastered the art of countering stupid crap like that perfectly, but I cant be the only person who not only gets annoyed but just bored from this style of gameplay.

Thing is is they don't know what else to do most of the time. Same with Sheeva too. the only time I ever see her they are spamming her teleport stomp, which is unbelievably easy to punish with a simple jumping punch, and they still never learn...

Re: Indifference to Spamming

I've read a few threads regarding spamming, and most people's advice/counter to the argument is either 'learn to play' or 'study/counter/punish'. With some characters in this regard that makes sense, but in other circumstances in just straight up sucks the fun out of the game. I know people are going to try to do whatever they need to do to win, but there comes a point where it's just straight up annoying, and it takes no strategy on their part and your part as well.

For example, I was playing a match against someone who picked Smoke, and I picked Johnny Cage. It was all well and good until he started spamming teleport like crazy, and when he wasnt teleporting, he was throwing smoke bombs which lead to...more teleporting. It's not even so much about winning or technique, but its not fun when your either spamming or the one being spammed when you have to narrow your gameplay down to 1-2 different moves in order to win. The guy spamming may be having the time of his life, but for me it gets boring when all Im doing is jumping or ducking then following up with uppercuts or something in order to get him to back off. I'm not super-pro status on this game yet, so I haven't mastered the art of countering stupid crap like that perfectly, but I cant be the only person who not only gets annoyed but just bored from this style of gameplay.

Smoke is a tough match up for Johnny Cage... I've only lost once or twice to a really good player. I know that when I play an aggressive JC I rely on port more than usual because I know they will be open for it. Your best strategy is to block and if they are really overusing the port that much wait and combo them. People that punish a teleport with an uppercut really need to stop complaining. If you knew a 20-30% combo (which isn't that hard to learn) I'm sure that person would be less likely to keep port spamming you.. unless like I said you continue to be aggressive. As far as the smoke bomb once again.. block. Anticipate it coming dont leave yourself open by just standing there or dashing jumping in an easy pattern.

I'm by no means a beast at Mortal Kombat, but I can hold my own. That being said, when it comes to people spamming teleports, the block button is your best friend. When they come out of a teleport and you block it, they're going to be stunned for a second and be wide open for you to do whatever you like to them. When playing against Smoke and someone is spamming teleport or the smoke bomb, just hold block. Or act like you're going to move in and throw up your block in anticipation of their teleport. After you block it, sit back and enjoy owning the spammer :)

if yous playing smoke and they decide to spam just sit back block and wait for them to come to teleport and punish them with a combo

I kill spam smokes with cage

remember to stay close to the corner if he spams, block, than BAM! instant 33% combo

lag is a killer though, I hate that shit

Smoke and Sub Zero are probably johnny's worst match ups, but he can punish them very badly with his combos. Also, you have to block a lot, more then you think you'd have to.