MKX comic

THANK YOU!

yes he is dead, raiden killed him....ANd you can still bte killed as champion, thats why shang tsung kiled him!! you dont age , you can still die!

and i hope this worthless dross stays dead.... hes jus tas bland an pathetic as stryker an jax

Lmao you always bring them up, you really hate those characters.

But you're not being forced.
You wont be lost.

Casuals wont even know about the comic.
Why would they leave all those people in the dark?

But you're not being forced.
You wont be lost.
I would be, if they aren't rehashing comic stuff in the game (as was the case in Injustice).

Casuals wont even know about the comic.
Why would they leave all those people in the dark?
Casuals DO seem to know about it, given that DC comics made an announcement in at the NY Comic-Con and other gaming websites that aren't just MK focused.

Not every casual follows gaming websites and comic con.
They watch the trailers and wait for the game. Us, the hardcore fans, are the ones all worked up about getting it.
You REALLY think NRS is going to MAKE you buy the comic book before you play the story?
That would make NO sense.

That's like saying you can't watch the original Star Wars trilogy without seeing the prequels.
Sure, you would have a better understanding if you watched the prequels, but you're not forced to do it.
You could easily watch the original trilogy without seeing ANY of the prequels, and you wont be lost.
The same applies here.

I'll happily concede and admit to being wrong, if that's the case, but that's not what the comic writer implied.

Fair enough.
Ill gladly do the same :dito:

All of that aside, I hope it's not just gore and fighting the whole time.
The dude said something about fatalities being in every issue, hopefully it doesn't seem to forced.

I have a feeling we'll see lots of the 3D era characters meet there demise.
Gotta do those fatalities on somebody

I wonder how long the delay will be for a physical copy. I refuse to make the jump to all digital so I'll be waiting for the hard copy. Idc who's in it or what it is, a new MK Komic?! Sign me the f*** up.

So this is probably going to be the first comic I've ever bought.

With that said... If I buy the Digital Copy, will I need to have the DC App on my iPad and buy it from there? Or are there other methods?

this was a nice find/read

The whole new character seems interesting. they need to reveal a newer character soon

I wonder what the Red Dragon's role is going to be? I guess Daegon is still trying to track down Taven and is having his men trying to search for him on Earth. I also believe Mavado will show up in the comic telling the Red Dragon to wipe out the rest of the Black Dragon. I think the Black Dragon members like Jarek, Tasia, Tremor, No Face and Quinn are going to have cameos in the comic to be killed off. Tremor will likely be a DLC fighter in MKX, but he is likely not going to be on the main roster.

Last edited:
^As I recall, the Red Dragon syndicate wasn't introduced into the franchise until the MK:DA, D era. That being the case, I'm surprised they're even being mentioned at all, given what Ed has said about not retreading old ground in MKX.

But I guess the Red Dragon must still be part of the canon MKverse because of the character/s from the facebook page that will supposedly appear in the new comic.

Last edited:
^As I recall, the Red Dragon syndicate wasn't introduced into the franchise until the MK:DA, D era. That being the case, I'm surprised they're even being mentioned at all, given what Ed has said about not retreading old ground in MKX.

They're not ditching everything from the 3D era.

They just said they wont be rehashing the stories from MK:DA - MK:A
We could still see tons of stuff from those games (Chaos/Orderrealm), just not a rehashed story.

The Red Dragon was created long before the events of MK1 and they are the reason why the Black Dragon exist. Seeing that Shinnok is going to have a major role in MKX and Daegon is ally to Shinnok then I wonder if Shinnok has any part of the Red Dragon in the story? I believe Shinnok in the new timeline knows about the future as he could have saw Raiden's visions. Shinnok is one of the very few people who didn't die in Armageddon, so his original timeline counter part saw Raiden send visions to past and did the same thing to his past self.

But with the comic coming in Januari, is it safe to say that we wont get any other reveals until then?! Man that would seriously piss me the **** off.

But with the comic coming in Januari, is it safe to say that we wont get any other reveals until then?!

Umm did i miss something? Why would you think that? Nothing was stated or suggested that we wouldn't get anything until the comic was released.
All this is, is promotion for the comic so MK fans who want/crave a bit extra can have something while the game is still being hyped up.

Red Dragon has been plotting on the background since before MK1 events, as [MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION] nicely said.

Maybe they will show now how events trend to happen, some unchanged, others the same, but now with a clear participation of the Red Dragon, as we know, an ally of Shinnok until the battle of Armageddon.

I think it would be nice, because in MK1 Black Dragon seemed to be just some tough crazy dudes. Then, with the develop of the game, we saw they were a dangerous organized crime international group.

But Red Dragon didn't gave us this sense of "oh, how they are big" until Armageddon, when we discover their leader is someone thousands of years older and with a burden that could save or destroy all reality. I mean, Mavado and Hsu Hao never gave us the security of this importance.

Should be nice, exploring them, the alliance with Shinnok, the quest, etc.

I think the return of the Red Dragon makes me want to read the comic on to see what they have in plan. Are they going to kill off the rest of the Black Dragon or they are still after Taven? I also like to see what they have in plan with Sub-Zero, so we can finally who this is Sub Zero really is.