MK2 Rev 9.1 Jade....Glitch?

I wouldn't say that is a glitch, 9.1 was an unofficial modification of the original arcade. Some of these mods let you get to the secret characters faster.

I wouldn't say that is a glitch, 9.1 was an unofficial modification of the original arcade. Some of these mods let you get to the secret characters faster.

Correct, 3.1 was the final revision in the US and 3.2 was the final in Europe. Anything beyond that are hacks to do exactly this.

They do add a bit of fun, so I prefer to play the hacks these days.

I'm not sure that was one of the intentions of the hack, wouldn't that still make it a glitch then? If it was meant to be there, I would assume it would have been announced at the time rather than being found in 2012.

This was likely intended, considering you can fight Smoke by catching Toasty on any stage and Noob in just 6 VS wins.

Was this actually discovered this year? Arcade History's history.dat lists this under 9.1's version history, but I'm not sure when it was actually added.

I really wish Liu Kang's red dragon and Kung Lao's bones in a hat fatalities would become known, if they even exist. They're said to be in 4.2, so they should be in 9.1 as well.

Last edited:
Did it crash after the fight? Or did you/he restart it to show the version number? Also, this:

I really wish Liu Kang's red dragon and Kung Lao's bones in a hat fatalities would become known, if they even exist. They're said to be in 4.2, so they should be in 9.1 as well.

Well, I just called it a 'glitch' for lack of a better description. No Terry, I simply reset the game to show it was in fact 9.1. I have no idea when it was discovered. It was just messaged to me to see if it worked for me and not just the 'discoverer.'

So you're the YourMKArcadeResource guy on YouTube? If so, I'm a fan of your videos. Good stuff.

I have 4.2 in my MKII cab.. I'll try this out and see if it works on that... I do know that if you fight Jade at the question mark then it drops you down to like the 3rd spot of the tower.. So you can keep getting to Jade over and over and over and never be able to reach Shang Tsung.